Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Lord Ruthven
Lord Ruthven
First Page 2 3 4
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-20 18:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, if anyone is still doing Lord Ruthven for rings or abyssite upgrade and want to sell the nails i'm interested. So if any Rng are duo/solo or a Vnm ls is after that str ring i'm willing to buy the nails. I just need 4 help me out.

Ty
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-24 15:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump ^^
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-26 10:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on people I know some one gotta be selling these
I just need 4 dammit 8)
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...just sayin o.0

inb4 lv Rng and solo them ^^
By Shiroineko 2010-09-26 10:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. i would, but you're on leviathan! :O
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-26 13:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu can also solo with cannonball, it's a lot slower than rng solo, but it's possible.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 10:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats nice but I don't have Wlegs or the time to turn colorful purple then die multiple times learning how to solo LR as Blu. I just need 4 nails and willing to pay 200-300k per nail. So if any VNM ls out there who are selling Hit me up plz. Its really pissing me off that i'm just sitting on 6 LR nails and 10 mangy's in storage...So again anyone looking to make some xtra gil while going after rings hit me up..
By Shiroineko 2010-09-29 10:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

come to Asura, i'll do it for you! xD <3 lol... sorry again ; ;
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 11:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can be assed to make the Tier3 pop then you can go about getting the nails by forfeiting the rest of the loot by going through Dryroot linkshell.

Details here

Quote:
Tier 3 VNM pops (Trial of the Magian) – Free
We’ll kill your Tier 3 VNM pops for free, and you get to keep any Trial of the Magian upgrade items. We keep other drops.

I think this was about where the line is, I haven't done much as far as undead path VNMs go. If you have a group then cool, if not... Here is a pin you can use. I see your RDM is 80 so that's plenty good enough to nuke unresisted even if your gear is subpar (not saying it is, I didn't check). Or if you can make BLU work, w.e ^^ So farming T3 pop shouldn't be hard.

The result should be that he runs around all the trees in the area like so (this is from Kaeko's work):

More in-depth reading about the pin spot is here on Kaeko's blog. Good luck!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-29 12:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The line is more like this:

I can't remember exactly how it goes, and while that's pretty close, you can find the exact line by turning //fillmode on, as it runs up the edges of a couple of polygons.

The reason I mention that is especially when you're spell casting, it helps to know exactly where it is so you can run cast easier. Start casting on one side of the line, run to the other side, then run back before your casting hits 60% (on my blu, 40% on my rdm). This is a lot easier if you know exactly where the line is so you only have to move one step in each direction.

Also, you can't nuke (or poison) Ruthven, I don't think it's actually a resist, it just doesn't do any damage.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 12:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i learned that he hard way, held him for almost 20 minutes trying to figure out how to kill him on blm. Wound up just warping out
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 12:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, my bad. I haven't had any reason to do undead so wasn't sure exactly where it was but anyway he can practice on a mob in the area first. When doing pins I prefer to let a mob get near 10 yalms away on one side then move to the other and start a nuke to avoid having to step back and forth and potentially interrupt, works good on east ron s krab pin at least. The idea behind my post though was for him to farm T3 pop to give to Dryroot to kill, not to pin Ruthven as he has expressed disinterest in trying to solo him.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 12:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dryroot is pretty awesome, Daz is one helluva guy.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-29 12:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Ah, my bad. I haven't had any reason to do undead so wasn't sure exactly where it was but anyway he can practice on a mob in the area first. When doing pins I prefer to let a mob get near 10 yalms away on one side then move to the other and start a nuke to avoid having to step back and forth and potentially interrupt, works good on east ron s krab pin at least. The idea behind my post though was for him to farm T3 pop to give to Dryroot to kill, not to pin Ruthven as he has expressed disinterest in trying to solo him.
Fair enough, just figured I'd correct the slight issues in case someone else read it too. Spot works great for Feuerunke, and can cast on him just like you mentioned. Erebus is a little different though, and I'd generally recommend the group of three trees to the NW a little. The pin is a little harder to nail down as it also relies on proximity (ie: let him get too close and crossing the line won't send him back), but once you get it, you can keep him at a greater distance, which is important for running from ga.

Anyway, if anyone needs to no more about that, I'm sure it's all there on the link to Kaeko's page, everything I know about pinning came second hand from there lol.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard its just easiest to kite Erebus, once you get far enough away after he casts his first tier IV, its easy to keep him casting. I haven't done it yet, but that sounds viable.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I never met a Dryroot member that wasn't cool in my book, they're a very chill linkshell. Did some T1 farming (without a healer xD) to kill time while waiting on Dyna ls to gather and for some reason some Dryroot members were just standing around in Xarc. Went into yellow and a couple of them threw cures... Daz was always very polite when I did talk to him (only twice, once while buying n.head), I only ever heard good things really.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-29 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
I've heard its just easiest to kite Erebus, once you get far enough away after he casts his first tier IV, its easy to keep him casting. I haven't done it yet, but that sounds viable.
I definitely wouldn't recommend it. You can pull him to the pin spot easily enough like this, but trying to cast on him while staying out of ga range would be a challenge. That and you'd be constantly re-applying shadows.
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-09-29 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bannable offense.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-29 12:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:
Bannable offense.
The only thing bannable in this whole thread is the use of //fillmode, and even that's extremely unlikely, unless you straight up tell a GM.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 12:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:
Bannable offense.

great blog....

Its a gray area. Some GM's will, most wont. If you get a GM call, just say okay and walk away. Then try again. its not that big of a deal
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 12:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:
Bannable offense.
The only thing bannable in this whole thread is the use of //fillmode, and even that's extremely unlikely, unless you straight up tell a GM.

No no, they will get you for pinning, i've been hit before. But most GM's dont give two shits, only they crazy sticklers. just say okay and either die or leave.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-29 12:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll only get a GM on you if someone that's watching you reports it.

Also, Erebus is easy. You just keep him pinned against the tree on the right corner (if your back is against the wall), and when he casts ga spells, you run along the wall in the opposite direction.

I've done him about 20 times now and I've only ever been hit with a ga once due to lag. I don't even use my wlegs anymore because it's very easy to get out of range.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

GMs aren't likely to ban you even if some asshat GM'd you for pinning a T2 (the guy who QQ'd about GM being called was GM'd because he popped an HQ Krabkatoa that the other person wanted), there's no benefit to that person other than not having to wait for repop. IF a GM replies before you kill a T2 (he shouldn't...) they will tell you to stop what you are doing. So die, take the 1200 exp loss, do it again when that person who placed call is offline. The guy who QQ'd about being GM'd didn't immediately head the GM's command to stop. He also was not banned despite his terribly whiny attitude towards said GM and the next GM (which he stupidly called).

GMs are stupid, and inconsistent. Some GM won't do anything, others will ask you to stop. It will only come to a ban if you're an *** to the GM or don't listen to what they command. Banning is never the first action they take unless you're blatantly using 3rd party apps in a way they can detect by watching you. If someone thinks you're using a 3rd party tool but not in a way a regular person could see, you're safe.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-29 12:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You'll only get a GM on you if someone that's watching you reports it.

Also, Erebus is easy. You just keep him pinned against the tree on the right corner (if your back is against the wall), and when he casts ga spells, you run along the wall in the opposite direction.

I've done him about 20 times now and I've only ever been hit with a ga once due to lag. I don't even use my wlegs anymore because it's very easy to get out of range.
I've done Erebus a LOT, and you're either ridiculously good, or a *** artist lol. I originally used that spot for Erebus too, in the same fashion, but if you let him come just a little too far to the north and you will NOT have enough room to out-run a ga.

As for being banned for pinning, it's a definite grey area, but it's still incredibly low risk. Someone even presented two separate screenshots of the SAME GM giving two entirely different judgements on the matter. But you'll only ever get reported if someone sees you and dislikes you, and even then your chances of even being contacted by a GM now are very slim. It's all a matter of where you draw the line, some pinning spots are a lot less obvious, and more realistically fit the term of "using the terrain" than others. Using terrain is extremely common and completely fine when it comes to kiting or having mages on top of a hill with tanks/melee at the bottom.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
I definitely wouldn't recommend it. You can pull him to the pin spot easily enough like this, but trying to cast on him while staying out of ga range would be a challenge. That and you'd be constantly re-applying shadows.

lol yeah i tried this on Blu and got raped his ga's ate all 3 of my shadows and hit me for like 1400 as a lv 85 I didn't have up saline coat or magic shield though....

I check out dryroot if they on leviathan but i'm not changing servers for 4 nails thanks for the info guys 8)
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 13:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They're on Leviathan, don't worry. I wouldn't link you to linkshell that wasn't on your server ^^ I was on Leviathan last month but my best friend quit, time for a change.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 13:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
They're on Leviathan, don't worry. I wouldn't link you to linkshell that wasn't on your server ^^ I was on Leviathan last month but my best friend quit, time for a change.

ok cool thanks bro
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 13:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
you remind me of my friend who went to phoenix :<

and side note Dryroot members are very friendly in my experience :)
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-29 13:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I were a *** artist sir, but I am not. As long as he stays pinned on the outside corner of that tree, you will never have problems. Do not let him get on the side corner of the tree (between the tree and the wall) or you will need wlegs to get out of range.

Tip: If he gets close enough to you to use a TP move and hit you with it, you're letting him get too close.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-29 13:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Blu can also solo with cannonball, it's a lot slower than rng solo, but it's possible.

Just kite him around the trees same as ranger?

This id love to try.... have u tried it Blazz?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 14:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy duo with a BRD (Minnes, Dia), don't see why you couldn't solo him.
First Page 2 3 4