Soul Jump, And Spirit Jump

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2020-07-08
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Soul Jump, and Spirit Jump
Soul Jump, and Spirit Jump
 Asura.Nususu
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nususu
Posts: 89
By Asura.Nususu 2010-09-25 19:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Also I see on wiki that the augments jumps feature means all jumps are crits, do we know what augments jumps II and III do yet?
 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-25 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Not as far as I know.

Thanks to Big Number Syndrome, only a handful of people got Ryunohige, because it was shat on by morons who underestimated OAT for the longest time.

The ones who actually got it probably don't read forums and can't provide information or have already quit.

 Asura.Nususu
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nususu
Posts: 89
By Asura.Nususu 2010-09-25 19:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So in this strategy with ryu what kind of gear would you be wearing? typical haste tp gear or anything special? I hope you don't mind all the questions I'm just curious.
 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-25 19:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Gear for 6-hit and stack Haste as high as you can until you cap.

EDIT: And I love when questions are asked, rather than people just assume stupid stuff.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
Posts: 409
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-25 23:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This is an enjoyable read :) I'm reading responses and checking gear sets. So much personal experience within this thread. It's amazing.

I personally enjoy the Big Number Syndrome references. It's funny really.

In regards to Ryuno, math and calculations have been done. In regards to activating and maintaining the 300% Aftermath.

It's on Allah, somewhere in the history. It's in regards to stock Ryuno.

As far as relics go, have we forgotten that yes the damage mod x2.5-3.0 triggers, have we forgotten that it stacks with critical hits, can proc on double attacks etc. etc. etc.?

No, that hasn't even been touched in this thread which is rather silly. You want to hate on a relic, fine, hate it. But get your facts right first.

Here's a heads up, occasionally it'll smack the monster for 800-1k damage. Hmm, big number syndrome. Interesting.

 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-25 23:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Occasionally being ~5% of the time. Big freakin' deal.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
Posts: 409
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-26 00:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Did you fabricate that number as well? Oh, right you did. /clap.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1323
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-26 00:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Amador said:
This is an enjoyable read :) I'm reading responses and checking gear sets. So much personal experience within this thread. It's amazing.

I personally enjoy the Big Number Syndrome references. It's funny really.

In regards to Ryuno, math and calculations have been done. In regards to activating and maintaining the 300% Aftermath.

It's on Allah, somewhere in the history. It's in regards to stock Ryuno.

As far as relics go, have we forgotten that yes the damage mod x2.5-3.0 triggers, have we forgotten that it stacks with critical hits, can proc on double attacks etc. etc. etc.?

No, that hasn't even been touched in this thread which is rather silly. You want to hate on a relic, fine, hate it. But get your facts right first.

Here's a heads up, occasionally it'll smack the monster for 800-1k damage. Hmm, big number syndrome. Interesting.

Relic procs are a joke, its 5% and really doesn't increase your DPS all that much, lets not over exaggerate or nuthin, would hate to see that from relic owners
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
Posts: 2995
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-26 00:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Ragnarok.Amador said:
This is an enjoyable read :) I'm reading responses and checking gear sets. So much personal experience within this thread. It's amazing.

I personally enjoy the Big Number Syndrome references. It's funny really.

In regards to Ryuno, math and calculations have been done. In regards to activating and maintaining the 300% Aftermath.

It's on Allah, somewhere in the history. It's in regards to stock Ryuno.

As far as relics go, have we forgotten that yes the damage mod x2.5-3.0 triggers, have we forgotten that it stacks with critical hits, can proc on double attacks etc. etc. etc.?

No, that hasn't even been touched in this thread which is rather silly. You want to hate on a relic, fine, hate it. But get your facts right first.

Here's a heads up, occasionally it'll smack the monster for 800-1k damage. Hmm, big number syndrome. Interesting.

Relic procs are a joke, its 5% and really doesn't increase your DPS all that much, lets not over exaggerate or nuthin, would hate to see that from relic owners

Honestly wouldn't it only increase your DPS as much as a brutal earring would?
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2010-09-26 00:16:38
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-26 00:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just about equal, yeah.

And I didn't fabricate anything. I've looked over testing threads and the general consensus says 5%. I used to think it was 10-15% until I looked into it.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1323
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-26 00:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Times when it double procs or procs on a crit trick you into thinking its around 10-15% tbh :X Shoulda done a Ryu is all i gotta say :(
 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-26 01:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Depending on haste, Ryunohige get's off just as many 0%-30% more WS (0%-80% haste), not accounting for jumps, which will work in Ryunohiges favor as long as Mythic OAT stacks with them.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1323
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-26 01:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Linear said:
Depending on haste, Ryunohige get's off just as many 0%-30% more WS (0%-80% haste), not accounting for jumps, which will work in Ryunohiges favor as long as Mythic OAT stacks with them.
Geirskogul and Shock spikes > your math
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
Posts: 314
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-09-26 01:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So how did a question about VIT's impact on Spirit/Soul Jump turn into a Gungnir vs Ryunohige vs Corsesca debate?
 Fenrir.Mankey
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1323
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-26 01:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Alexander.Almostunsane said:
So how did a question about VIT's impact on Spirit/Soul Jump turn into a Gungnir vs Ryunohige vs Corsesca debate?
Relic owners being proud callin magian weapons "toys"
 Ragnarok.Amador
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
Posts: 409
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-27 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quint Spear > All. Rightz? :D just think of the WS frequency!
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2010-09-27 11:27:37
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-27 11:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Quint Spear > All. Rightz? :D just think of the WS frequency!
You're retarded, aren't you?

Base damage is abyssmally low, there's no chance in hell. There's a HUGE difference between 102 base damage gap and a 12 base damage gap.

We never said base damage wasn't important, just that you're putting way too much faith in it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aiyanna
Posts: 235
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-09-27 11:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Linear said:
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Quint Spear > All. Rightz? :D just think of the WS frequency!
You're retarded, aren't you?

Base damage is abyssmally low, there's no chance in hell. There's a HUGE difference between 102 base damage gap and a 12 base damage gap.

We never said base damage wasn't important, just that you're putting way too much faith in it.

He/she/it is not retarded. Just uninformed and/or too lazy to do research.
The problem is that they will not listen to any logic, advice, reason, math, or common sense. They also won't listen to obvious troll attempts because they way they do it is "The only Way".

Just give up now. Let them go gimp it up and move on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
Posts: 4554
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-27 11:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Honestly wouldn't it only increase your DPS as much as a brutal earring would?

Brutal Earring increases your overall DPS slightly more by virtue of extra TP ;P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
Posts: 1489
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-27 11:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lets see a rank list of polearms 75+, upgraded and not fully updgraded alike. Curious to see where Coresca+1 ranks up. And how different peoples lists are.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
Posts: 4554
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-27 11:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Walk of Echoes thing depends on strength of WS (math'd out, it would have to be ~20% stronger than Drakesbane on average to beat OaT). The Empyrean one is nice but again depends on the weaponskill. 5hit Stingray will beat both of those unless the WS is really good and possibly Gungnir. OaT beats Gungnir if accuracy is not used effectively. Mythic Polearm is hard to quantify on paper.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
Posts: 1489
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-27 12:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What's the full name of the OAT polearm?
 Caitsith.Linear
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-27 12:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Corsesca (+1)
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
Posts: 1489
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-27 12:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I thought oat stood for occassionaly attacks twice.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
Posts: 4554
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-27 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
OaT = Occasionally attacks Twice
Oa3x or Oa3 are the common abbreviations for Occasionally Attacks 2-3 Times.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
Posts: 1489
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-27 12:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
¬°Derp!

Was confusing it with cerastes +1...
Thats why I was thinking it wasn't oat...
 Ragnarok.Amador
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
Posts: 409
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-27 13:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
OaT beats Gungnir if accuracy is not used effectively. Mythic Polearm is hard to quantify on paper.

Gungnir DRG's have accuracy issues?

Now when you say OAT beats Gungnir, would that imply that you're specifically talking about 100D Gungnir? If so I'll agree completely.

However, in my mind you're talking about a 38 Damage Difference, not including fSTR calculations.

Furthermore, the Quint Spear was a joke. I found it pretty funny personally.

As far as the proc rate for dmg modx, well, 5% or not, it seems to proc fairly often. I don't have an exact % for it, but it does do a ton of damage over time. It can proc on jumps, as well as DA's.

That's one awesome brutal earring. Anyone here decide to TP withuot their Brutal Earring on? Just curious :)
 Phoenix.Airbag
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
Posts: 1712
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-27 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
OaT beats Gungnir if accuracy is not used effectively. Mythic Polearm is hard to quantify on paper.

Gungnir DRG's have accuracy issues?

Now when you say OAT beats Gungnir, would that imply that you're specifically talking about 100D Gungnir? If so I'll agree completely.

However, in my mind you're talking about a 38 Damage Difference, not including fSTR calculations.

Furthermore, the Quint Spear was a joke. I found it pretty funny personally.

As far as the proc rate for dmg modx, well, 5% or not, it seems to proc fairly often. I don't have an exact % for it, but it does do a ton of damage over time. It can proc on jumps, as well as DA's.

That's one awesome brutal earring. Anyone here decide to TP withuot their Brutal Earring on? Just curious :)

U mad? Just curious :)
Log in to post.