Forum » FFXI » General » Oops in AH
Oops in AH
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-30 03:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you just love laughing at someone stupid when they buy something a whole 10X over the price? Have you done it or been the lucky person to be selling?
 Bahamut.Rienea
Server: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2009-01-30 03:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Expand history.

Big ouch.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1383280
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-30 04:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't laugh at them at all.
Someone once paid me the price of a stack of Rainbow Thread instead of the single Rainbow Cloth I was actually selling,I sent them the excess payment back through the moghouse delivery system.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-30 04:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
I don't laugh at them at all.
Someone once paid me the price of a stack of Rainbow Thread instead of the single Rainbow Cloth I was actually selling,I sent them the excess payment back through the moghouse delivery system.

Glad there isn't just me that does that XD

I normally get sent other random stuff back too >.> Like 4 prism powder or an unsigned jack-o-lantern. Once I even got a stack of cookies and a stack of melon pies XD I was like ">.> wtf?".

I like to think that if I overbid on an AH item, people will do the same and send me at least some of the change back >.> I don't see it happening anytime soon..
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-01-30 05:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I paid Amemet +1 price for NQ (didn't get money back, back during that crazy Christmas season) and on Master Caster's Bow 400k too much, slipped down one I guess when trying to buy Shigeto +1. I returned the Master Caster's Bow, hoping that the person would realize it was a mistake, but instead he kept both. Both ignored my tells :/ I don't know what I would do if someone overpaid on my items now. Would have returned before if they messaged me, but I don't know anymore.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-30 05:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical FFXI greed. It takes effort to get things in the game so when people have an opputunity presented to them like this they jump at it.

It's not true of all players and I know most people would do the right thing, but not everyone cares about courtesy or respect in this game ... :(
 Seraph.Looscannon
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Looscannon 2009-01-30 05:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Paid 500k for string torque -.-
 Bahamut.Rienea
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2009-01-30 06:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Itareme gave back 1M ^^
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-01-30 08:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

paid 500K+ for a ring that was under a serket ring a few months ago( don't remember what the ring was called).The ring was worth around 5K at the time. sent the ring back to the guy. He sent it back to me. After he finally returned my /tells he gave me 200K back .. so in other words he made 300K off of 5k ring. sad thing was that he was in the same dynamis shell as I was. O well
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-30 08:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't pay attention to the amount of gil in my D-box, i just click them as fast as i can!

Hitetsu said:
I normally get sent other random stuff back too >.> Like 4 prism powder or an unsigned jack-o-lantern. Once I even got a stack of cookies and a stack of melon pies XD I was like ">.> wtf?".

Presents ftw! /jealous
 Ifrit.Durai
Server: Ifrit
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2009-01-30 09:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I accidentally paid 350k for something that was 35k... I said lots of awful things to myself and moved on... the guy never logged on.
 Asura.Sidi
Server: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-01-30 10:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent 550k on a cassie earring... only to have clicked the one below it... and bought some stupid 30k earring... yeah >.<;; person was nice though and gave 520k back, and let me resell that earring...

and I've had 2 others do same to my stuff, and sent it back to them

What comes around goes around... as psyched as I was to get a buncha gil, I know what its like to be in that position, and wouldn't want to deprive them of their gil over nothing
 Ifrit.Delsinax
Server: Ifrit
user: Delsinax
By Ifrit.Delsinax 2009-01-30 10:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I was skilling up on bone knives (selling for maybe 5-8k at the time), somebody mistook one for a mercurial kris and spent maybe 600k on one of my knives. It took him a while to answer my tells - maybe he thought I was just going to gloat - but I offered him a full refund (minus the cost of my bone knife, of course). He let me keep 75k of it.

I felt a lot less guilty about that 75k. ^^ Some of us work too hard for our gil to just toss it away like that, and I wouldn't want to be the guy who can't get back gil he lost in an honest mistake.
 Titan.Azarasi
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-30 12:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It is one of those things where you will stare at that gil and go "mmmm I need it though >>" I am not sure what I would do case depending
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-30 12:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst thing I ever did was bid 30k on a single Imperial Bronze Piece instead of a stack of 99, but that was enough for me to be really pissed off at myself, considering I only had like a couple hundred grand at the time and other stuff I needed to get. You guys talking about spending hundreds of thousands accidentally, I would be literally sick if I threw away that much money mis-bidding on something. {/comfort}

Only time something like that worked in my favor was when someone bought some random Iron Ore or something like that for 8k instead of 800. I kept the gil...does that make me a bad person? ^^
 Titan.Tasios
user: Tasios
By Titan.Tasios 2009-01-30 13:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Once someone bought an Oxblood from my Jeuno mule for 10x the price. I tried sending tells for 2 days. They ignored my tells (they changed zones a few times so they weren't afk) so I finally got tired of it and kept the gil.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-30 13:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I accidentally bid 30k on a Damascus Ingot once, meaning to put in 300k. To my delight it bought it.

No, I did not send them the difference.
 Kujata.Maidak
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-30 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i was buying my friend a utsu Ni scroll accidently bought a jubaku for 300k? uhm also i thought i was bidding on a harmonious earring +1 or whatever but i got the NQ by accident and spent half a mil on that... thats all i can remember OH! wait one more i was buyign stacks of crystals for 100k each bought about 3 stacks like that on one odd drunken haze
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-01-30 14:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've come very close to putting 1mil instead of 100k before lol multiple times. i don't think i've ever actually done it though?

Most I think people have overbought my stuff was maybe 20k or so. idk what i'd do if that happened. i would probably give it back if they sought me out. and i would probably keep it if they didn't try to get it back.

If I made the mistake I'd be all over that other person lol
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-01-30 14:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The person who bought my Medieval Collar on 01/03/2009 was a friend. I gave him back his gil less the 3k for the collar so he could get his PCC =) Good thing it was a friend too, because if it was just some random player I would have kept the money.^^

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=684689
 Kujata.Maidak
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-30 15:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i havent giving the guy a pm who i bought the scroll from i figured everyone needs a lucky break in ffxi at some givin time
 Seraph.Zabini
Server: Seraph
user: zabini
By Seraph.Zabini 2009-01-30 15:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

its easierly done.. despite having to confirm your bid twice...
 Gilgamesh.Heavensword
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Heavensword 2009-01-30 16:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was once sent a stack of apple pies by a character named Ronaldmcdonald. I still don't know who it really was...
[+]
 Bahamut.Zanzir
user: zanzir
By Bahamut.Zanzir 2009-01-30 16:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

a good way to not bone yourself is to keep all ur gil on a mule then send it over to your main character whenever you have to make big purchases or vise-versa. I never really keep more than 50k gil on my main character at any given point for that reason alone. plus i'm an impulse buyer so out of sight out of mind. sidenote: i've been paid 24k for stacks of silent oils before and have returned the change. it's only right especially if that person is sending you /tells o.O.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-01-30 16:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanzir said:
a good way to not bone yourself is to keep all ur gil on a mule then send it over to your main character whenever you have to make big purchases or vise-versa.

This is exactly what I do. I usually refer to my AFK Bazaar mule as my off-shore bank account =)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-30 16:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
I usually refer to my AFK Bazaar mule as my off-shore bank account =)

LoL rockin idea... I should make a taru and name it "CaymanIslands"
 Asura.Kurtdcobain
By Asura.Kurtdcobain 2009-01-30 17:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly I paid 140k for a company sword - worth 10K - I was trying to get a wing sword. Luckily the guy I bought it off was really kind and gave me a full refund ^^

Unfortunately I hadn't learnt my lesson, and managed to buy Rasetsu Sune-ate for 250k when trying to buy some dusk ledelsens. Alas this time I had bought off a mule, and a jerk's mule at that. So it was bye bye 230k.

Needless to say I have (finally) started to take lots of care at the AH :p
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-01-30 20:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavensword said:
I was once sent a stack of apple pies by a character named Ronaldmcdonald. I still don't know who it really was...

Apple Pies from Ronaldmcdonald? Sounds like a chef's joke on the server to me. :P

Biggest over-payment I made was somewhere in the 100k instead of 10k range, I got in touch with the seller and politely asked for it back, and offered a bonus for the trouble. They obliged and we were both happy.

One time someone paid me 20k for a 2k stack of crystals. They demanded their money back in the most immediate and impolite manner possible, and I sent them a second stack of crystals.

Courtesy counts, folks. o.<d