Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Infernal Scythe
Infernal Scythe
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-09-14 17:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the mods for this WS after the update? I've looked around not finding a whole lot of information. I've seen the old thread of INT MAB affecting it.

Anyone have the % mods etc.?

Much appreciated.

-Xiong
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-14 17:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I belive the mods are...

Use Guillotine 80%
and Insurgency 20%

But I don't know I need to test more ^^
[+]
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-09-14 17:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

uh what?

Edit: If you're just trying to troll, you'd also notice in my case its...

Use Catastrophe 100%
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-14 17:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I didn't even look it was fail attempt at humor..

I dont think I was "trolling" but maybe..im just goofin'
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-14 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you even care what the Mods are? its still a fail WS, and wont do anywhere near the damage Guillotine can put out.

MAB is still the main source of increasing this WS damage, but chosing to use this over guillotine is fail, unless your fighting elementals.
[+]
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-09-14 23:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

OR unless you're using magic weapon skill kill?

Edit: /sigh, I would rather have gotten no replies. Than *** replies. >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-15 01:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB and INT are the only known Mods for the WS atm I guess if it matters. No clue what the % is.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 01:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all they did to the ws they modded were to change the ftp... at least that is what they did to sanguine blade. Shouldn't be hard to test if it is magical like it sounds
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 01:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB is a static. The INT Mod I'm not so sure about on Infernal Scythe. I'd approximate it at around 50% though. INT seems to scale the ws better than CHR for Primal Rend, but Rend's fTP is much higher.

I'm not particularly good at testing stuff like that though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 01:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
MAB is a static. The INT Mod I'm not so sure about on Infernal Scythe. I'd approximate it at around 50% though. INT seems to scale the ws better than CHR for Primal Rend, but Rend's fTP is much higher.

I'm not particularly good at testing stuff like that though.
That's probably because the general magical ws formula uses fint instead of fstr. Though a few break that. Like sanguine blade uses dint with a 2.0 multiplier on it. While like say trueflight uses dagi again with 2.0 multiplier... on top of a 30% agi wsc lol.

If I had acess to the ws I could help out... if it was on a lvl 80 job I could do it in an hour or 2 but unfortunately I can't.

I'd first reccomend varying 1 stat at a time by large amounts to prove what stats effect it (note wiki still doesn't even list what mods are in sanguine blade correctly forget the amount), then increase each one by 1 till you see dmg changes to figure out where it goes and if they changed ftp. Then you can go thru the actual wsc and use known lvl correct values to determine what % those stat mods are by when dmg changes.

Also MAB is most likely just static at the end. Easiest to test do one without and do one with some. If you get that % increase it isn't a wsc mod too
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-15 02:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gobli's listing it post patch as a 3.5 ftp with 30%str/int mods and no dint/etc...

What in the world is fint anyways?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 02:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Gobli's listing it post patch as a 3.5 ftp with 30%str/int mods and no dint/etc...

What in the world is fint anyways?
fint is a calculation similar to fstr. Except it uses dint instead of dstr... and it's cap is static. Used on most pre-nyzle magical ws. Specifically

fINT : function of your INT and target's INT
for WS, fINT = 8 + ΔINT/2
ΔINT : difference between your INT and target’s INT (caps at 24 for WS)
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-15 02:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no actual calculation done on fint though right? It's just dint with a cap. Just seems like people have gone way overboard in creating variable names sometimes, lol.

Edit: Hrm, that doesn't match up with calculations on gobli, wonder if I'm bored enough to test later.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 02:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
There's no actual calculation done on fint though right? It's just dint with a cap. Just seems like people have gone way overboard in creating variable names sometimes, lol.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
fINT = 8 + ΔINT/2
ΔINT : difference between your INT and target’s INT (caps at 24 for WS)
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Edit: Hrm, that doesn't match up with calculations on gobli, wonder if I'm bored enough to test later.
Do they have the new lvl correct values? Are you using the right ones? And are you making sure to round off at the right spots? Or you could just give me numbers and I could do it. Oh wait you can't use it... blah idk then. Anyways not all magical ws use it. Not since nyzle ws (well spirits before that but meh) not all even use dint lol
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-15 03:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said that my results didn't match, I said that the calculations are totally different. I can read enough charts and formulas to know how everything's calculated thanks, lol. And like I said above, infernal scythe doesn't even use fint/dint/whatever. I recall you mentioning in another thread that sanguine uses dint rather than fint, and I just have to wonder if they're really different.

Also, even pre nyzul ws's had stuff that didn't use dint other than spirits.