Giant Freaking Robot!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Giant Freaking Robot!!!
Giant Freaking Robot!!!
First Page 2
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-13 18:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

well, the apocalypse has really hit the fan in abyssea on asura. somehow a giant *** robot got activated and went on a killing spree in attohwa zone. i was able to pull it away but it killed a couple camps i ran through while shouting warnings of the imminent death. can someone explain to me wtf is goin on with these things? the one in attohwa is called 'ironclad cleaver'
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-09-13 18:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-09-13 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said:

LOL!
[+]
 Phoenix.Destinn
Server: Phoenix
user: Destinn
By Phoenix.Destinn 2010-09-13 18:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lolol.. In phoenix yesterday Iron Man got up and started to rape everyone doing the quest in Vunkerl for the feet seals XD!! between him and the nm monkey, lots of deaths! I accidently aggro'd iron man once and MPK'd like 4 ppl ; .; It would be fun to kill him!!
 Phoenix.Elaenia
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2010-09-13 18:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to see pics ._.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-13 18:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly none cause im on xbox and im a tard lol. i did use the hide yo wife, kids, and husband line effectively though if someone ss that
 Lakshmi.Aequis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-09-13 18:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a screenshot, but it's of me dead in front of it...

They're up on Lakshmi too. While I was doing the Cura II quest yesterday, I caught sight of it moving on the ground. Went a little closer and he re-assembled, got up and ran for me. Seemed every hit he landed Stunned or inflicted Amnesia on me. Also moves at least +12% movement speed because I wasn't able to outpace him with Blood cuisses but I did with the movement speed Atma.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 18:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an Iron Giant, they were plastered all over the update details.
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-13 18:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yes but no one knows why they turn on o.o all we know is that when they do turn on ***hits the fan. i mean it was ruthless spawn camping ***, killing my party members as soon as we entered the zone
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-13 18:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's brilliant. It reminds me of the days before mobs despawned (when zoned) when there'd be all of these dead bodies littered *all* along the front entrance of Crawlers' Nest and the zone entrance between Yhoater and Yuhtunga jungles.

Nothing like a good death by MPK to make you hate your fellow players and furiously scribble their names down while they run away. :p /GM /GM /GM :p

But it does seem to be the new "Guivre" (the mob you always have to look out for just when you think it's safest.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-09-13 19:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. They drop shiny, shiny things apparently...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_Severer
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-13 19:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh yes I had some run-ins with these this morning.

I decided this morning to grab all the Confluxes in the 3 new zones and in my travels ran into these multiple times in all 3 of the 3 new zones. This is what I know about them based on my experiences.

Abyssea-Attohwa: Name: Iron Clad Cleaver
movement speed is definitely fast. I can verify it has either true sight, true sound or possibly both (but definitely at least 1 of). If you see a pile of what appears to be scrap rubble on the ground avoid it at all costs!! When you get too close (and its aggro range appears to be massive) it will take form and become a cleaver. It appears to have En-stun and I'm guessing its sword procs Amnesia on its attacks and it will strip your defense fast. It doesn't appear to revert back to a pile of rubble on the ground once it kills what aggro'd it. Instead it seems to wander the surrounding area for awhile before it turns back. edit: Also I elemental seal sleep 2'd one of the 2 times it was attacking me with a build on that gave me 339 enfeeble (around 120 INT) and it resisted.

Abyssea-Misareaux: Name: Unknown (something Cleaver)
I clicked on the gate in zone that would bring you to the spatial displacements that lead to Riverne Sites. Once inside a little distance in front of me was a giant pile of rubble exactly the same appearance as in Attohwa so I just zoned back out. Had no desire to inspect it and die 2 more times. I'm sure it shares most of the same info as the Attohwa cleaver though.

Abyssea-Vunkerl: Name: Ironclad Executioner
This cleaver is a total {*** Sword} Idk if I happened upon it after someone aggro'd it but I was snk/invis crossed a bridge on the far left side of map (near I-8) and all of a sudden it appeared right in front of me and killed me(completely buffed) in a matter of seconds. So not only is this NM invisible but it has either true sight, true sound, or both! Not to mention it cant be targeted while its invisible so you have no way of knowing where it is! (I have a habit of tabbing alot while i'm inspecting new areas in order to find points of interest or nms) I've heard this NM also takes the form of a pile of rubble normally until it is aggro'd, which would make sense considering the cleavers are that way in the other 2 zones. This NM also appears to have En-Stun and the sword seems to proc Amnesia.

Hopefully that will help some people who are wandering through the new Abyssea zones. (Then my 3-4 deaths at the hands of these jerks weren't in vein lol)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-13 20:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

when I read the title and the Op's post I was like...

then I read Catabolic's post and I was like...

Then I realized that...
 Asura.Limelyte
user: Limelight
By Asura.Limelyte 2010-09-13 21:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pix now!
 Lakshmi.Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-09-14 06:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a pic. Second time I encountered it, I tried to enfeeble it some. Couldn't get anything to land, but I was running around in idle equip. Better results in the correct gear...maybe?

Ironclad Cleaver in Abyssea-Attohwa
 Phoenix.Destinn
By Phoenix.Destinn 2010-09-14 06:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... ! the Ironclad Executioner (Vunkerl zone) seems kinda easy! not sure if there's already posted info on this one... he isn't fast, .. very weak to Water Elemental Magic, and can be stunned. me and 2 other BLM LS mates poked it just for lulz. I'm a lolelvaanBLM and my Water V's did 1254 DMG and I dished out a 1587 Waterja. the other 2 used Thunder and Ice but was not very effective, except a 1.4k Burst II with ES. Resisted my ES Gravity~ got it to 75% before timing out, we only brought 1 stone just to test it. I think a party of BLM/SCH/COR (buffs! water shot maybe good DMG?) with water spells would own him :D and of course with the sexy atma options, I picked Atma of Ambition over the other one with magic att for the fast cast/movement speed.
Anyone kill it yet?! curious of what it drops! and how it was killed..
I wish I played on PC to post nice pictures of the fun !
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 06:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is S-E's way of saying "Get a life, jackasses."
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-14 06:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

damn and i actually wanted that cirque sash too lol..looks like I'm not getting that crap lol
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 06:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Good ol' Iron Giants.

About time they implemented the bad *** of the Iron Giant.
 Phoenix.Lynxx
user: Lynxx
By Phoenix.Lynxx 2010-09-14 06:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well me and two friends took on the Iron Man of vunkerl inlet. He is pretty slow so he is easy to kite, kited him near his spawn point by running big circles up and down off the hill. We took turns nuking it at the bottom of the hill so as to give us a chance to run back up. But sad to say only got it to 75% before i timed out only had one stone and was testing this guy^^.

Very weak to water, has Aoe melee attacks wipe 2-4 shadows and can cause enstun/ amnesia. He swings his sword no matter if anyone is close to him and can hit even if you dont have hate. Also uses a move called Incinerator, haven't had the pleasure of getting hit by this but he will continue to use it even if you are no where near him. O.O
EDIT: Has no Regen^^

Wish i had some pics to show off but i was busy running.
HEH speaking of which Destinn is one of the guys who fought with me XD.
 Phoenix.Destinn
By Phoenix.Destinn 2010-09-14 06:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

muahaha I beat you to it Lynxx ! also forgot to mention it doesn't have Regen.. ^^;
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-09-14 07:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

movement speed is definitely fast.

I'm pretty sure it's not fast. I kited it away as RNG/SAM (lol) with skadi feet and didn't get hit once. It did de-aggro pretty quickly too.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 06:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Iron Clad Cleaver was brought into the Maw zone on Saturday. Mega deaths for everyone entering the maw even before they got their time extended. Really SE commonsense programming please.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 06:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

I clicked on the gate in zone that would bring you to the spatial displacements that lead to Riverne Sites. Once inside a little distance in front of me was a giant pile of rubble exactly the same appearance as in Attohwa so I just zoned back out. Had no desire to inspect it and die 2 more times. I'm sure it shares most of the same info as the Attohwa cleaver though.

I also found it. Poke it and it did nothing
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-15 07:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a run-in with this guy yesterday. I Zoned into Abyssea - Attohwa and before I could even get time I got smacked round the head.

Barely had time to load the time npc and he was on me.
 Ifrit.Toraness
user: Toraness
By Ifrit.Toraness 2010-09-15 07:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the one in Abyssea-Misareaux Coast today. It was wtfpwning a pld, after the pld died it attack my wyvern and not me leaving us to escape unharmed. I never engaged it so my wyvern hadn't been attacking it. Weirdness o.o
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-15 08:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

I decided this morning to grab all the Confluxes in the 3 new zones and in my travels ran into these multiple times in all 3 of the 3 new zones. This is what I know about them based on my experiences.

movement speed is definitely fast. I can verify it has either true sight, true sound or possibly both (but definitely at least 1 of). If you see a pile of what appears to be scrap rubble on the ground avoid it at all costs!! When you get too close (and its aggro range appears to be massive) it will take form and become a cleaver. It appears to have En-stun and I'm guessing its sword procs Amnesia on its attacks and it will strip your defense fast. It doesn't appear to revert back to a pile of rubble on the ground once it kills what aggro'd it. Instead it seems to wander the surrounding area for awhile before it turns back. edit: Also I elemental seal sleep 2'd one of the 2 times it was attacking me with a build on that gave me 339 enfeeble (around 120 INT) and it resisted.

Abyssea-Vunkerl: Name: Ironclad Executioner
This cleaver is a total {*** Sword} Idk if I happened upon it after someone aggro'd it but I was snk/invis crossed a bridge on the far left side of map (near I-8) and all of a sudden it appeared right in front of me and killed me(completely buffed) in a matter of seconds. So not only is this NM invisible but it has either true sight, true sound, or both! Not to mention it cant be targeted while its invisible so you have no way of knowing where it is! (I have a habit of tabbing alot while i'm inspecting new areas in order to find points of interest or nms) I've heard this NM also takes the form of a pile of rubble normally until it is aggro'd, which would make sense considering the cleavers are that way in the other 2 zones. This NM also appears to have En-Stun and the sword seems to proc Amnesia.

Hopefully that will help some people who are wandering through the new Abyssea zones. (Then my 3-4 deaths at the hands of these jerks weren't in vein lol)

Appreciate it, as of last night i went out to get all 3 old area maws, my vertical confluxes... guess these won't be as easily obtained till we get from 85 to teh new one, or we g on as a linkshell or a group and just be a wall and murder these ...these... things...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-15 08:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Destinn said:
lolol.. In phoenix yesterday Iron Man got up and started to rape everyone doing the quest in Vunkerl for the feet seals XD!! between him and the nm monkey, lots of deaths! I accidently aggro'd iron man once and MPK'd like 4 ppl ; .; It would be fun to kill him!!

He has a new Nickname... IRONMAN...

Ahhh Black Sabbath...Good ol' Ozzy...
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2010-09-15 08:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There is that pic that someone else posted

[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer