Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New DRG items in new Abyssea area
New DRG items in new Abyssea area
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-03 04:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Woah, someone has Ryunohige? I demand tests on what Augments Jump III does!

The dude is JP... hard to talk to him x; but ive PT'd w/ both his Gungnir and Ryuno tho, and wow Ryuno impressed me.

If you keep that AM3 up that thing is just ferocious, not to mention forcing crits on all your jumps.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-03 04:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be real easy to keep up Aftermath with soul and spirit jumps now, with mega TP gain...But what I don't understand is.. if augment I makes them all crit.. what does 2 and 3 do? just crit with extra dmg? lol
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-03 04:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Would be real easy to keep up Aftermath with soul and spirit jumps now, with mega TP gain...But what I don't understand is.. if augment I makes them all crit.. what does 2 and 3 do? just crit with extra dmg? lol

In a situation where you are fully buffed with Haste and 2x March, even before the new jumps it was not hard at all to keep up the AM3.

The new jumps just make doing so a hell of alot easier.

If I get a chance to xp w/ this dude again ill try to parse his jumps but its hard to get in Pts w/ JPs, most the time they turn down NA players atleast on fenrir they do D:
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-03 04:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always intrigued by the Ryunohige..there is one on my server actually, now that I think about it...Cant remember the taru's name though >_<
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-03 04:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I was always intrigued by the Ryunohige..there is one on my server actually, now that I think about it...Cant remember the taru's name though >_<

It is pretty damn amazing, in my strong opinion one of the only Mythics worth doing.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-03 04:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

It is pretty damn amazing, in my strong opinion one of the only Mythics worth doing.

WOA WOA WOA.....lets not get crazy..... Kenkonken are *** godly
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-03 04:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

WOA WOA WOA.....lets not get crazy..... Kenkonken are *** godly

LolPup <.<
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-03 04:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

oh w/e dude lol... that h2h weapon is SICK
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-03 07:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Olfar said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Asura.Olfar said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Olfar said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Awesome, thanks - OP updated!

Fought that guy last night, but he didn't drop the lance... wonder what that latent effect is...

Only reason to use is for helping a relic DRG friend do trials. no point in WS 13 times in normal situations for a terrible 14th. Shitty WS is shitty!
People actually waste currency on Gugnir? Shitty Relic is shitty.

Gungnir actually has two N's. Np tho np. And yes it's not as contrasty as other relics, I can tell you that. Calling it Gimp though might make you harder to take seriously, lol. Silly comment is silly!
Its even more silly when u try and defend Gungnir tbh >.> lol

Please stop hurting my feelings, Mankey and Gradd of Fenrir!

In other news, and to donate something useful to this thread (Gungnirs suck k?...), I have been observing a Ryunohige used by Almoille (JP) on Asura. She's a super kind player and let me creep her while doing trials (towards the 80 upgrade). Unfortunately she wears confusing gear (Perle head full time is an example) so the impression I got from the weapon was skewed. Her jumps would do 680-820. High Jumps 480-600 all on crabs in toraimarai canal. She said the weapon was good but has to keep "aftermass" up (lol cute broken english). Her drakesbanes were expectantly average (the whole gear thing). When I finally got her to understand "300 tp aftermath Can I have it?" That's where the jaw dropping happened. The OaT has to be over or around 50%. The weapon got a huge boost, also, with 80 limit and sekkanoki. 300tp sekkanoki -> drakesbane -> penta thrust SC with the full 300 tp 120 secs OaT aftermath up. That's kind of a big deal. Would be nice to see it used more aggressively tho... and the augments III effects.
Ryun is the best of the mythics hands down and really pushes DRG as a heavy DD, to bad Japs are the only people who seem to have them :(
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-10-04 09:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone list how to get the spheroid plate to pop ironclad observer? much appreciate any info on this. thank you.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-10-04 09:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Drops from the surrounding Observers.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-04 11:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Asura.Olfar said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Asura.Olfar said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Olfar said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Awesome, thanks - OP updated! Fought that guy last night, but he didn't drop the lance... wonder what that latent effect is...
Only reason to use is for helping a relic DRG friend do trials. no point in WS 13 times in normal situations for a terrible 14th. Shitty WS is shitty!
People actually waste currency on Gugnir? Shitty Relic is shitty.
Gungnir actually has two N's. Np tho np. And yes it's not as contrasty as other relics, I can tell you that. Calling it Gimp though might make you harder to take seriously, lol. Silly comment is silly!
Its even more silly when u try and defend Gungnir tbh >.> lol
Please stop hurting my feelings, Mankey and Gradd of Fenrir! In other news, and to donate something useful to this thread (Gungnirs suck k?...), I have been observing a Ryunohige used by Almoille (JP) on Asura. She's a super kind player and let me creep her while doing trials (towards the 80 upgrade). Unfortunately she wears confusing gear (Perle head full time is an example) so the impression I got from the weapon was skewed. Her jumps would do 680-820. High Jumps 480-600 all on crabs in toraimarai canal. She said the weapon was good but has to keep "aftermass" up (lol cute broken english). Her drakesbanes were expectantly average (the whole gear thing). When I finally got her to understand "300 tp aftermath Can I have it?" That's where the jaw dropping happened. The OaT has to be over or around 50%. The weapon got a huge boost, also, with 80 limit and sekkanoki. 300tp sekkanoki -> drakesbane -> penta thrust SC with the full 300 tp 120 secs OaT aftermath up. That's kind of a big deal. Would be nice to see it used more aggressively tho... and the augments III effects.
Ryun is the best of the mythics hands down and really pushes DRG as a heavy DD, to bad Japs are the only people who seem to have them :(

Since Salvage kinda sucks now I wonder if the cost for Mythics has gone up now due to supply and demand if the market is controlled.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-04 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be hard pressed to find Alex for under 5k here, and I've seen it for 6k+. I gave up on mine =\
 Fenrir.Azazael
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2010-10-06 08:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am more or less giving up on mine also, it is just way to pricey now.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 12:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Azazael said:
I am more or less giving up on mine also, it is just way to pricey now.

Still working on Excal? I think Dyna currency got cheaper since a glass is 500k and with the level cap it can be low manned-ish
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 12:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Even relics are now ughhhhhh.
For them to be up to par, to the easiest capped ToM weapon, they haver to be 100% upgraded. Which is ridiculous.

shield and Horn are the most worth it. Then maybe club.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You're saying that a lvl 75 untouched relic is better than the ToM weapons?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Its *** the weapons weren't just buffed. You go through all the trouble of making a relic for it to be outclassed by say an OaT weapon. While to even make it better you have to grind even more doing trials. its stupid
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
No you are right on that and I do think it is way more work to upgrade the relic trials.

Where you are wrong is here

Quote:
For them to be up to par

and also here

Quote:
By up to par, I mean the margin between the difference of a standard weapon to a relic.

By club/horn/shield I mean relics that are worth the trouble without an upgrade.

Edit:
The thing I'm trying to say, (hard to put to words on a cell at work lol) is that for a relic to be on par over a standard weapon, in the same way it was before the cap increase. Howe that clears it up.

Tldr: relics require more work than before to be awesome.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 13:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

read my edit XD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-06 13:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Club: Relic club is trash, Yagrush would have been cheaper/better
Boon WHM is the ***, don't hate.

Shield being on the "most worth it" list definitely threw up some red flags, it's very overrated. Even the great ones aren't looking as nice these days though.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-08 07:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
No you are right on that and I do think it is way more work to upgrade the relic trials. Where you are wrong is here
Quote:
For them to be up to par
and also here
Quote:
By up to par, I mean the margin between the difference of a standard weapon to a relic. By club/horn/shield I mean relics that are worth the trouble without an upgrade.
Then you chose poorly your words, but I won't argue over that. For the relics worth it without an upgrade you are still wrong, the -only- one would be Excalibur by a very large margin. Second would be Apocalypse. That's without an upgrade. Shield: PLD can hit 50% MDT easily while having sword + shield. Aegis only lets you wear more MDB, which is definately an upgradre but it wouldnt be worth 200m. Horn: It already felt useless with the refresh atma's, but they also added a ballad+1 harp that is easy to obtain, also marches can be capped easily now with minimal gear or merits. Club: Relic club is trash, Yagrush would have been cheaper/better

When I think of Aegis, I don't usually think "MDT". I think of the sexy high block-rate and large damage reduction when blocking. The MDT on it would just be icing on the cake, and allowing for much much more MDB/HP in gear. I think in terms of improvement... Someone wearing one of the best shields outside of Aegis vs. Aegis in comparision to someone using one of the topish ToM weapons vs. most relic weapons.

Horn definitely got the shaft with this past update. Ballad +1 horn and the introduction of +3 instruments.

So.. in my opinion, the only really useful relic anymore is Aegis. Fortunately, some of the mythics have interesting enough effects to keep them useful for some time. I suppose relics weapons are good for epeen'ing or fulfilling some long-lived goal in your ffxi career, though.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-08 08:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
So.. in my opinion, the only really useful relic anymore is Aegis. Fortunately, some of the mythics have interesting enough effects to keep them useful for some time. I suppose relics weapons are good for epeen'ing or fulfilling some long-lived goal in your ffxi career, though.
lmao.
 Fenrir.Azazael
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2010-10-11 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Yeah what's sad is I'm almost done with shield but I am holding back trading in currency because I have a hunch they may give it an extremely powerful update at lvl 90 ... so I'll just wait and upgrade sword instead if they didn't do anything awesome to shield.

Will you be telling yourself the same thing at 95 and 99??? :)

I just think that if they would have done it, they would have done it by now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-11 13:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
So.. in my opinion, the only really useful relic anymore is Aegis.
lol'd irl