How Is Your Server Different?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How is your server different?
How is your server different?
First Page 2
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-27 17:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What sets your server apart from the rest?

More EN than JP?
More endgame orientated?
Land King zone laggers by the truck load?
Ballista crazy fiends?
Loads of rmt?
Dynamis crazy?
Mad elite or mad gimp?
ZNMs?
Campaign?

I'm sure you get the picture.
Why do i ask? I'm thinking of switching servers.
I don't exactly have any specifications or anything. I kind of like a little bit of everything.

I'm thinking of switching servers because i jacked a Ridill, CFH on Nidhogg, Sold my soul for a Kraken club, and used my game genie to solo Pandemonium Warden.
But honestly i'm just looking for a change. I could easily change this into a rantathon on Kujata. But i'll spare everyone the details. (unless you want me to elaborate, haha)

By all means if you feel the need to express why i should NOT go to a certain server, tell me ^^.
Generally every server will have its flaws, but... you know d=.

Thanks to anyone who wants to add any useful information. Or... who just wants to let off some steam.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-27 17:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1) There are 100+ less endgame people
2) There's a greater than 90% chance that we'll lose the Candy if there's more than one level-8 Besieged rolling through.
3) It's usually 48-96 hrs before the it's returned, and usually because a JP group got it done.
4) We have never seen any of the 3 nations control all 3 of their zones in the past. All our witch sash, cuch mantle/belt loot is imported from other servers via mule.
5) There are too damn many people, shout drama is the norm in WG.
6) The most "efficient" endgame LS is 24/7 and it has tryout shell named 711. I don't even have to go there.
7) What's ballista? People are more likely to do the dioramas...
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-27 17:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come here.

Garuda has cookies, go there.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-27 17:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Count me out as im on Odin and cannot transfer here. T.T
 Hades.Tuggles
Server: Hades
By Hades.Tuggles 2009-01-27 17:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We have the most Whitegate Drama!!! And thats how where different.
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-01-27 18:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren has never lost a besieged ...
Our mules are 75 with +1 gear.
Our Sack holders are someones' mule.
Jesus died for our salvage gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-01-27 18:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, lets see...

1) We have the second most cheaters in the game.
2) You're lol'd at if you're anything other than the half dozen or so "best" jobs with the "best" gear
3) Damn near everyone in WG looks the same because of the previous point
4) Drops go to the person with the most money instead of the people who could/would actually make use of it, so it will probably end up sitting in storage
5) Shouting for help in WG will first turn into several people shouting insults towards you, followed by those same people turning on each other and bickering for an hour about gear
6) You can and will be kicked out of linkshells for having to tend to that little thing called "real life" instead of spending 6 hours a night in sky
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-27 18:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Korpg said:
Don't come here.

Garuda has cookies, go there.

Misinformation. It's Pandemonium with the cookies.

Now that's slander, you'll be hearing from my lawyers!

Garuda is a quaint server. It's got a pleasant mixture of low level newbies trying to make their way in the game and the high levels who make the world go round. We've just had a good twenty of our arrogant finest banned as well.

You're probably better off somewhere else though. Smallest server now!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-27 18:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
/ja "Mijin Gakure" Wooooodum's Brain

Fixed!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-27 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
We had Wopa. We win.. By win I mean lose, and by had I mean win. lol

Asura has the highest number of cheaters in the game.

By has, I mean had. By highest number, that was fixed.

Still, don't come here.

Malekith proves whatever point I can make, even outside of this thread.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-27 18:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Word on the street is Fenrir had the least amount of banning when the banhammer came out, and our biggest Salvage ls on the server (Lagsave) was cheat-free, as far as I know. We also have a very active Ballista population and the second-highest Besieged win streak, after the undefeated server (Siren?).

Also, we have Scragg. :)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-27 19:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@Korpg

Backhanded compliment or not, I'll take it. Thanks man, I knew you liked me! The offer to go for beers is still on the table.

BTW not sure if other people saw this in older threads, but for however much I bash my own server the only thing that makes it the least bit tolerable is the fact that I get to adventure with my bro who's active duty navy. It's the one thing that makes dealing with all the nonsense bearable
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-27 19:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with kope. Being someone who started on Lakshmi, realized the small oppourtunity I had to play my game, I moved onto Asura. Moving to Asura. I showed up w/ only ZM completed, few merits, 75 BLM that didn't even own a moldy earring for crying out loud. I played my *** off on Asura for nearly 7 months. Capped exp all jobs, 2 rank 10's, cop done, Toau done, FL rank Toau, Max merits etc etc. Now my achievements had absolutely nothing to do with a cheat/glitch or otherwise. Anyhow, now sadly I'm "stuck" on Carbuncle til March. This server sucks. When you constantly play around BLM's who think ***like "Dark staff is your main staff for enfeebling right? or "Yea I'm taru, these Zenith Pants ROCKZORS to nuke in." I never once seen such idiocy on Asura. Cheaters maybe, you just sound bitter your didn't cheat and get something from it all too. Serious korp. Since the ban?? Seems all you do is post here now. Sure do got alot of free time. Did you get banned? Or do you just belong on Carbuncle with the rest of the idiocy. I think the latter. See ya in March, ***.
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-01-27 20:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol we also have whm's that do everything with a thunder staff. You leave out sooo much. Look at carbuncle's highest achievement ppl.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-27 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well, dude! lol only been here a month now. I just mentioned the two biggest ones that cracked me up. Dark Staff mods all your enfeebling? Wow are carbunclians part of mensa? That BLM "NO NAMES" must be a prodigy. He friggen knows something not even SE knows. As far as the rest of it goes, Asura Vs. Carbuncle. I could rant all day long, but I wouldn't want to say too much, I'm stuck here for a little while. Plus I can't deny there is some decent people/players here. Nothing compared to Asura though ;; Noobs on Asura look like 6 year vets compared. shhh, I said I won't rant on. See ya ingame Axle. Lemme know if you need a BLM/RDM/SCH for anything. Asura hooked me up. I'm bored these days on Carby =D
 Cerberus.Tylerm
Server: Cerberus
user: Tylerm
By Cerberus.Tylerm 2009-01-27 20:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come to Cerb, none of our HNMLS people got hit with the wave of recent LM-11's. Every @#$% still roams.

OH LAWD I BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-27 21:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come here lol. I love my server, it's my home, but Odin is WAY too crowded as it is.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-28 09:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium = Cookies
Garuda = Cookies
Valefor sounds mean
Asura sounds funny
Carbuncle sounds broken
Odin is stuffed
Cerberus lacks LM-11's
Fenfir sounds pretty nice

Thanks for the advice d=
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-28 10:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutupanddie said:
well, dude! lol only been here a month now. I just mentioned the two biggest ones that cracked me up. Dark Staff mods all your enfeebling? Wow are carbunclians part of mensa? That BLM "NO NAMES" must be a prodigy. He friggen knows something not even SE knows. As far as the rest of it goes, Asura Vs. Carbuncle. I could rant all day long, but I wouldn't want to say too much, I'm stuck here for a little while. Plus I can't deny there is some decent people/players here. Nothing compared to Asura though ;; Noobs on Asura look like 6 year vets compared. shhh, I said I won't rant on. See ya ingame Axle. Lemme know if you need a BLM/RDM/SCH for anything. Asura hooked me up. I'm bored these days on Carby =D

lol, you cant judge a whole server based on 1 BLM, or after have been here for just a month. Anway, if you're EU and want things done, dont come here. Unless you bring lots of EU with you. =P
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-28 10:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy: Almost as bad as Asura.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-28 13:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we just had a besieged and guess what? The mithra and elf generals got killed! And now there's a level 8 trolls and level 8 mamool loading up... Like I told ya, we're gonna lose the candy again...

EDIT: we just lost the galka at 3:15 EST so 3/5 wooooo!
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-01-28 22:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
Word on the street is Fenrir had the least amount of banning when the banhammer came out

lakshmi had no one banned that i know about
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-28 22:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Fairy: Almost as bad as Asura.

Seconded the motion.

All in favor for agreeing to this say: Hell yeah.

All opposed can STFU.

<Edit> Go Asura!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-01-28 22:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know much about other servers. But as far as lakshmi goes? I know not that many people signed up on this site and its not ultra full or ultra empty. Hmm.. vague much? lol I haven't heard about any bannings here either. But then I'm not on all the time and I haven't asked around the grape vine. I'll check that out and get back to you.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 23:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn Perks:

We are like a time capsule, you come to unicorn and you would swear it's 2004, we never know about hax and stuff until they are already patched and we lol the other servers that everyone gets banned! We still used pld/war tanks on HNM not so long ago too.

I can make money crafting on this server, i tried another one of the servers a while ago and couldnt make gil to save my life, for the most part our economy is stable.

JP are ok at least the ones i know on unicorn.

Unicorn's flaws:

I am here.

There is a lot of noobz, but some of em' are cool i guess.

We have endgame ls's that lack skill but claim a lot and it is not a recent trend, it's always been that way here. Nothing turned me away from endgame more than being outclaimed by the same ls everyday, who despite the fact they claimed all the time had no idea how to kill fafnir before it went rage mode. Fafnir becoming a 4-5hr daily drama festival involving wiped alliances and an unclaimed dragon wasn't very cool.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-01-29 01:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tuggles said:
We have the most Whitegate Drama!!! And thats how where different.

yep, that's hades <3 =P
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-01-29 01:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

come to diabolos most botters are gone... well maybe poisoned is still around guess they stop.... but you never know.. But still come to us for you shall bathe in milk and honey and drink the nectar of the gods
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-29 02:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yo man, taking a bath in milk and honey doesn't even sound remotely cool, very sticky and a lot of lactose.
First Page 2