Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 11:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm building a list for useful and informative websites for FFXIV. If anyone has any let me know and I'll add it to my post.

Thanks! :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Databases (Items, quests, leve's, crafts, etc.)

FFXIV ARR Wiki

XIVDB

Disciples of the Land

FFXIV - ZAM

FF14 Craft

Beyond Vanadiel

FFXIVcrafters

Macros

FFXIV Macro Maker

News, Guides & Info on specifics

New Player Info

Eorzea Reborn

Gamerescape FFXIV

14 Starter Guide

Quests, locations etc. 14 guide

Dimensional Death Hunting Log guide

Status

FFXIV ARR Server Status

XIV Status

Forums/Blogs

SE FFXIV Forum

FFXIVCore Forum

Downloads (Patches, client, etc.)

FFXIV Benchmark

Square Enix Links

Mogstation Account

Pre-order Registration NA

FFXIV.com Language select for lodestone

NA Lodestone

Square Enix Account Management System

SE Members Website
[+]
 Shiva.Hyperbole
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Hyperbole 2010-09-12 16:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few good ones, but this one is really got a rapidly knowledgable community pumping out the info...

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Main_Page
 Ragnarok.Nullo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nullo
By Ragnarok.Nullo 2010-09-12 16:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

cool
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-12 17:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiah.com! lol!

ffxivah.com, right?

Take all that promotional crap off and get the forum running :3
By Fouludragon 2010-09-18 10:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A critical question,

when we get the game CD for the PC do we keep the beta files we downloaded or delete it and install the game entirely from the CD?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-18 10:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thank you for your participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

The Open Beta Test will end at 17:00 (PDT) on Sunday Sep. 19, 2010. Following the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV, please uninstall the beta client “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version”.

Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the Operating System will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
Quote:
We would like to take this moment to provide details on the preparation for the official service of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

- Official Service Launch Date
At 18:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010, early access to the Realm of Eorzea will begin. The official service is scheduled to begin on Sep. 30, 2010.
* Along with the start of early access, the download of client patch will become available.

- Official Launch of "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone"
Before the launch of early access, which is scheduled for 18:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010, the official players' site "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone" will become available. "The Lodestone" is scheduled to become available at 8:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010.
All the news, topics and version update details on FINAL FANTASY XIV will be posted on "The Lodestone."

The URL of "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone" is: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com

* As of now, the players' site is only available to certain beta testers. However, it will become available to all users starting at 8:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010.

- Uninstallation of the Beta Client After the Completion of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test After the Open Beta Test comes to an end, please uninstall the client software "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version."

Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the operating system will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

- Worlds Available Upon the Launch
The following worlds will be available upon the start of the early access that is scheduled for Sep. 21, 2010.

Cornelia
Kashuan
Gysahl
Mysidia
Istory
Figaro
Wutai
Trabia
Lindblum
Besaid
Selbina
Rabanastre
Bodhum
Melmond
Palamecia
Saronia
Fabul

* Depending on the server population, new worlds may be added.
* If server congestion occurs, character creation may temporarily become unavailable.

- Transferring Character Names to the Official Release Participants of the Open Beta Test will be able to transfer their character names from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test to the official release. As long as the worlds selected in the open beta test and the official release are the same, the character name used in the open beta test will be usable in the official release.

* Upon the transfer of the character name, both selection of the world and character name input need to be done properly. Please make sure to remember both the world you belonged to and the name of the character you used during the open beta yest.
*If the character name has been determined to be improper by Square Enix, the transfer may not be done.
* After the open beta test has concluded, the character names still existing on the account will be transferable.

-Transferring Character Appearance to the Official Release During the open beta test, saving a character’s data at the time of its creation will allow you to create a character with the same appearance in the commercial release of the game.
* Data on character appearance will be saved under My Documents. Please be aware that the transfer cannot be done if the My Documents directory is deleted. Uninstalling the beta client "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version" will not cause the data saved in My Documents to be deleted.

- Reminder to the Players Who Have Purchased "FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition"
Upon the start of early access to the Realm of Eorzea, server congestion on the Square Enix Account Management System is expected. By completing the following process on Square Enix Account Management System, you will be able to smoothly begin your adventure.

1. Register Square Enix Account Beforehand For those of you who have not obtained a Square Enix account, please click here and complete the registration process.

2. Selecting the Payment Method
Square Enix Crysta can be selected as the payment method for monthly service fees.
*Additional payment methods will become available after the Square Enix Account Management System maintenance, which will be completed between Sep. 20, 2010 from 19:00 to 23:00 (PDT).

- Transferal of FINAL FANTASY XI Player Character Name to FINAL FANTASY XIV When creating a new FINAL FANTASY XIV character, FINAL FANTASY XI players’ character names will be prioritized. The character’s name will become “Given Name: the Player Character’s name in FINAL FANTASY XI” + “Surname: the name of the Player Character’s World.”

* Please note that you will not be able to transfer your Player Character name in the following cases:
- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to transfer Player Character names by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
- If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been canceled and are thus not being billed).
- If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.
- If there are no FINAL FANTASY XI characters on the linked PlayOnline ID.
* If you have recently created a character, transferred Worlds, or used the Character Reactivation Service on FINAL FANTASY XI, it may take some time before you can transfer your Player Character name to FINAL FANTASY XIV.
* Users can create characters with new names, regardless of whether a PlayOnline ID is linked or not.

- In-Game Bonus Items
→ To receive the in-game bonus items that come with FINAL FANTASY XIII (initial batch only), FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Standard Edition, you will need to register the item codes which comes with the corresponding product. To register an item code, please follow the steps below:

1. Log into the Square Enix Account Management System (https://secure.squar...ix.com/account/)
2. Select the "Select Service" option under "Service and Options"
3. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV," and then "Add a service account"
4. Enter the corresponding item code, and then select "Next"

* The in-game bonus item will apply to the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account once the registration is complete.
* When you create a character on the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, the character will start off with the in-game bonus item in possession. Please note that characters created prior to the registration of the item code(s) will not receive the in-game bonus item, so make sure you register the code prior to the creation process.

→ Perks for Simultaneous Players of Both FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV If a PlayOnline ID with an active FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID is linked to a Square Enix account with a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, all new characters created on that FINAL FANTASY XIV service account will start out possessing an in-game bonus item.

* Please note that you will not be able to receive a special in-game item in the following cases:
- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to receive the in-game item by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
- If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been cancelled and are thus not being billed).
- If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.
[+]
By Fouludragon 2010-09-19 14:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the Square Enix members reward code from FFXIII, but it's only 4 row digits. How do I register this onto Square Enix Management to add it's service to receive the in game item? In the Square Enix Management services it has 5 row digits.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 14:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ff14craft.com/
http://www.beyondvanadiel.com/
http://www.ffxivorigin.com/
http://www.ffxivrecipes.info/

I use them for crafting recipes (at this early of a stage in the game, it helps to be able to cross check recipes with other sites, increases chances you won't buy mats for a synth that were listed wrong, also one site will have recipes that another won't)
By Fouludragon 2010-09-19 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
http://ff14craft.com/
http://www.beyondvanadiel.com/
http://www.ffxivorigin.com/
http://www.ffxivrecipes.info/

I use them for crafting recipes (at this early of a stage in the game, it helps to be able to cross check recipes with other sites, increases chances you won't buy mats for a synth that were listed wrong, also one site will have recipes that another won't)

Awesome!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-19 15:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouludragon said:
I have the Square Enix members reward code from FFXIII, but it's only 4 row digits. How do I register this onto Square Enix Management to add it's service to receive the in game item? In the Square Enix Management services it has 5 row digits.
Here you go:

1) Go to http://member.square-enix.com/na

2) In the top right, click sign in.

3) After you sign in, you'll probably have to create a MEMBERS account. Guess it's just an account specific to the SE points. Not sure why it can't just go to the SE ID.

4) In the top right click "Register your game and earn points"

5) You'll input the code from your registration card.

6) The next screen will tell you the code is from FFXIII, and then give you the codes to redeem for your xbox live avatars (assuming it's the same for everyone).

7) On your xbox, hit the guide button (middle of the controller), go to the left twice and choose redeem code. (you can also redeem the codes here: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx)

8) Input your code, then choose download now.

9) Repeat for other code.

10) ????

11) Profit.
By Fouludragon 2010-09-19 15:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Greatly appreciated. Sent you additional question in PM to keep it off this post.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-19 15:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-19 16:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Man those windower morons are already up to ***the game. The game is already windowed, gtfo. Have the decency to wait that the game mechanics is understood before trashing anything. Also just stick to a wiki, k ? Makes life easy.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 16:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno who made the XIV windower but um.. The people who made this site made the XI windower, so I wouldn't roam around openly calling them morons on their own site :x
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-19 16:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Man those windower morons are already up to ***the game. The game is already windowed, gtfo. Have the decency to wait that the game mechanics is understood before trashing anything. Also just stick to a wiki, k ? Makes life easy.

Did you actually look at the website?

The XIV "windower" makes alt+tab in full-screen mode possible without crashing, enables hardware accelerated mouse, lets you make the game window borderless, and supposedly even increases visual preformance.

There aren't any exploits, no hidden data display or anything like that. It makes running the game easier, not playing it.
[+]
By Fouludragon 2010-09-21 00:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Any good recommendations for macro commands website?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-21 11:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i got the macro commands from the eorzapedia for beta, dunno if its exact same for full version. if anyone finds a post or site of the macros.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
are you adding all this stuff to your site?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-21 11:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
are you adding all this stuff to your site?
I did put what I quoted above on my site. As far as things like the links and the other info, I'm compiling that for the new site rollout. It may not be on there yet, but I plan on having a majority of the info up tomorrow for release.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-21 11:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know who is making this XIV windower? Just some random person? Not sure if I'd want to use it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-25 13:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated with a macro maker website for FFXIV
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-25 13:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks I was looking for this thread the other day.
 Ramuh.Gaoski
user: Gaoski
By Ramuh.Gaoski 2010-09-25 13:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz Nice to see you. /tell me wich server u gona play on.. Mie will follow as soon I build him a descent cp hirr hirr haaar^^ http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=574665258
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-25 14:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Should probably add this one:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-25 20:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Added another and thx Krizz for adding Slip's link
By Flionheart 2010-09-25 20:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for keeping this update aly, it's really useful :D
[+]
By tracyport 2010-09-29 04:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I recommend another website.
It's the music about ff.
Music is also a very important part of final fantasy
By tracyport 2010-09-29 04:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

www.finalfantasyradio.com
I forget the url.
And there are also many recommended ff forum on the right side and bottom as the Affiliates.
First Page 2