Duping- Why Aren't Any Japanese Players Banned?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Duping- why aren't any Japanese players banned?
Duping- why aren't any Japanese players banned?
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-27 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
You're not better than anybody. Fact.

I agree with you on this. I have made no statements to counter this fact.

As for the TV, I said I don't watch it much.
Personally, the only TV I watch is stuff that I believe would better myself.
No, I don't watch PBS or discovery channel non-stop.
I just enjoy watching things that, unlike Disintergration does, bring no drama to my life.
The less drama in it, the better.
That's the way I run my Linkshell, that's the way I lead my soldiers, that's the way I do everything.
The only drama I allow in my life, is drama that I can handle.
While handling real life combat situations is far more stressful, you have already wasted enough of my time.
Unfortunatly, this thread and certain people's insinuations have left a bad taste.
So, with that being said. I choose not to reply anymore in this thread.
Continue with the bashings, it's really irrelevant.
~Yotevol
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-27 12:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration, the hypocrisy is wonderful. Your posts don't seem to contribute in any positive way to the thread either. If you dislike the tone or direction of the discussion then go elsewhere?

I for one am a bit put back by Yotevol's turns of phrase sometimes, but you instigated the friction a few posts back. Then Yot replied, and now you're picking holes in their attitude. I know the polite 'well-educated' impression that he/she gives/may want to give ruffles your feathers, it does mine a bit. But step off, why so righteous? I can read it and it doesn't bother me overmuch. Therefore is it you who's lacking tolerance?

I don't watch much TV either, want to generalise about me as well? I could spout about TV-watching stereotypes and you'd consider that uncalled for. Bit of perspective please?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-27 12:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I'm already lost about this useless thread.

Might as well make a new thread and call it "Bashing Thread" So then ppl can just bash each other there.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-27 12:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.... lol
Lovetoy never ceases to amaze! XD I like TV/Anime it's a nice addition when I'm doing something else because you don't have to put any effort into it. However, when I say TV, I'm also talking about TV shows that I can dl/watch on the net. (I'm too cheap to pay for cable. XD)

And I don't think it's really "bashing"... That'd just be calling people names and shouting obscenities imo...

And I for one find Lovetoy hilarious. I always get a good laugh out of his posts and welcome him to keep them coming. =D
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-27 12:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making veiled insults with that post Tbest, and giving yourself plausible deniability. If you're really so passive about it, stop making jabs.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-27 12:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa Orly? I didn't hit anyone! I was framed! It was the one-armed man! Well, not really entirely one-armed... He did have a prosthetic.. So maybe one and a half-armed man? O.oa

Oh! Btw! I just noticed... Congrats on your 100th post, Lovetoy! It truly is a milestone.
 Hades.Jonoki
Server: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-01-27 12:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Why so few Japan players got banned?

Answer: Because they have more pride, honesty, honor and respect than yanks. Higher intellect too.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-27 12:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW the Marissa Miller thing that prompted "go watch tv...."

She's from the SI Swimsuit Issue!

Dude, I'm so totally tempted to file a petition to both have your man-card revoked and have your name forcibly changed from lovetoy.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-27 13:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Unfortunatly, this thread and certain people's insinuations have left a bad taste. So, with that being said. I choose not to reply anymore in this thread.
Good.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-27 14:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
Your penchant for making this a debate team exercise makes you sound like a tool. So does your mention of not watching much TV. It's always the people who want to be perceived in a certain inflated way who say that line. I bet you're a nice guy though. Could you turn the volume down on the toolishness?

This, ooooooo so much this.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-27 17:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jonoki said:
Question: Why so few Japan players got banned? Answer: Because they have more pride, honesty, honor and respect than yanks. Higher intellect too.

Agreed, but since very few people base their opinions as fact, they will disagree with you.

And since I agreed with you, they will automatically consider this fact as false, so they will disagree with you.

Plus there are drama queens here who love to stir up trouble, so they will disagree with everyone (or at least those who have the majority of one idea) just to cause problems.

We have gone beyond healthy conversation and went to the relm of mudslinging.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-01-27 18:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is an amazing example of manufactured controversy. The numbers of actual bannings are roughly equivalent to the existing ratio of NA and JP players left in the game. However, as most NA players aren't as deeply socially connected to JP players as those that speak their own language, psychological confirmation bias makes it seem as though "no" or very little JP players were banned.

As for the the various rationalizations of "honor" or criminal punishment etc, in this thread... as someone who grew up in Japan and now lives in the US, I will state that most of these claims are outdated or unfounded. The criminal justice system in Japan is nearly identical to that of the United States. As has been pointed out previously in the thread, many of the claims made about Japan are actually from Singapore or other completely culturally unrelated regions of the world.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-01-27 19:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is an article I found interesting about Japan's justice system:

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=8680941

Here is another along the same lines:
http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10925858

Sure it's just one source, but there are few more respected publications.

Japanese politics are a mess. They're almost definitely going to have their fifth Prime Minister in about five years this year, almost all of which were sons of previous prime ministers.

The Nikkei index has pretty much consistently gone down over the last twenty years.

Japan certainly has its problems, as does any country, but nevertheless it is a great place. Being the birth nation of Final Fantasy places it pretty high in my book. I'm also not afraid to admit I drive a Japanese car. I'd be pretty bored and stationary without Japan.
 Remora.Chairo
Server: Remora
user: Chairo
By Remora.Chairo 2009-01-27 19:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow ok let me break it down for you Neisan so a retard like you can understand. About 20 ppl in Japan commit suicide everyday. The majority being teens most of the time its lead from bullying the suicide rate each year fluctuates between 1-3%. The U.S. has seen about 14% drop in suicides, omg how can this be that the U.S. Still has more deaths? Easy its called population the U.S. has over 300 million ppl, compare that to japans 900 thousand-1million. So you know my statistics are very accurate since we've done a project on this last year discussing these very issues. Grab a course visit the country write a thesis or do a project then come to me and tell me where I'm wrong better you show me more concrete proof that what I say is wrong then again there's no way you can since I bet all you know about the country is that they work hard and smart huh? For KorpG you know nothing about the country, all I stated is nothing new a matter of fact its pretty much common knowledge for ppl that are Japanese, study the culture or who's been there. You try to take all my points and make it seem as if its opinion, for the majority of the information I gave detailed explanations of why they are not as "noble" as everyone is claiming, gave names of convicts and and even gave dates of which the crimes took place. As for the sources of this go to Todai in the library they have archived info from newspapers dating back to 1950 and even older for material for prelaw and psy majors. Oh wait you can't go to Todai could you or better yet do you even know where it is or what it is?
僕はさんねん日本語についてべんきょうしました。
おやすみなさい (*^、^*)
~茶色~
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-01-27 21:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not a forum for English-speaking players to ad-hominem attack Japanese players, nor for Japanese players to attack English-speaking players. This thread has completely degenerated into name-calling, so I'm closing it.