Duping- Why Aren't Any Japanese Players Banned?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Duping- why aren't any Japanese players banned?
Duping- why aren't any Japanese players banned?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-26 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All-

This was a question that was hanging in the back of my head for a while.
I didn't want to bring it up, without understanding it more.

Out of all the people banned, very few (if any) Japanese players were banned.
Also, as long as the game has been out Japanese players are the fewest to ever be banned.

After some searching, I found some distinct cultural differences between us (Japanese and other players).
It comes down to this.
Some people argue that a "game is a game" and SE is taking things seriously.
The Japanese believe that if you violate the Terms of Service to play the game- you cheated.
If you cheat in a game, then you will break rules in real life.
Once your honor is comprimised, you are a broken person and can never be trusted again.

http://www.jpbutton.com/?p=1797#more-1797
Now, here is a thread that explains (in depth) what I am talking about.

Does this mean that all of the Japanese players will never cheat? No.
What this does mean, is that, "IF" a Japanese player gets banned, they will do their best to retain their honor.
They will leave messages saying that "Work is busy, can't play" or "Taking a break for a while".
It also means that there will be the fewest number of "cheaters" amongst the Japanese.

I hope this answers anyone that had similar questions.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.com
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-26 11:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And some people just can't let things go for some reason.... /sigh
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-26 12:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How many threads we gonna have about the dupe O.o and with the same question....Why does it always have to be JP?! Why can't it be like a Mexican or maybe a German!?

All this white on white crime gotta stop

lol j/k ppl
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-01-26 13:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Integrity is a huge part of life for many cultures. The ability to choose right over wrong ALWAYS is a hard lesson to teach. Even if no one would ever find out, you'd never get caught, no negative terms would ever come in to play, would you still cheat on your test? Personal Guilt VS Societal Guilt are two different factors.

I do think, if you'd cheat in a game anonymously, you'd cheat in life. I also don't hear many JP players running off with items.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

The Japanese have much harsher RL punishments for crime than they do in the United States, the UK, etc.

For example, a few years ago, an American teenager sprayed graffiti on a wall somewhere in Japan - the punishment he was going to receive was a public flogging, which is no joke when the Japanese do it. He could have been maimed/dismembered for life.

Harsher punishments teach quicker lessons, and a culture based on honor...well, you're not going to find too many problems with Japanese players, other than the occasional discriminatory remark towards American or even European/UK players.

If you don't cheat/exploit the game, then you don't get banned. If SE is letting Japanese players get away with such things...than they are being hypocrites. When running a business, you have to treat all clients equally, you can't discriminate because some clients are one race, and others are another race.

That is my opinion anyway.

Think about it, if the USA had harsher punishments, or at least focused more on morals/honor, would we have as many crime issues as we do currently? I don't think so. Maybe the USA should consider fixing their people, and not the problems the people cause - two birds with one stone. >.>
 Bahamut.Kodo
Server: Bahamut
user: kodo
By Bahamut.Kodo 2009-01-26 13:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
The Japanese have much harsher RL punishments for crime than they do in the United States, the UK, etc.

For example, a few years ago, an American teenager sprayed graffiti on a wall somewhere in Japan - the punishment he was going to receive was a public flogging, which is no joke when the Japanese do it. He could have been maimed/dismembered for life.

Harsher punishments teach quicker lessons, and a culture based on honor...well, you're not going to find too many problems with Japanese players, other than the occasional discriminatory remark towards American or even European/UK players.

If you don't cheat/exploit the game, then you don't get banned. If SE is letting Japanese players get away with such things...than they are being hypocrites. When running a business, you have to treat all clients equally, you can't discriminate because some clients are one race, and others are another race.

Think about it, if the USA had harsher punishments, or at least focused more on morals/honor, would we have as many crime issues as we do currently? I don't think so. Maybe the USA should consider fixing their people, and not the problems the people cause - two birds with one stone. >.>

this happened to an american teenager in singapore not in japan. get your facts straight before you say something stupid.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EPF/is_n22_v93/ai_16809798
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 13:57:09

Although his source was incorrect his point is still valid.

You guys beat me to the punch. Pretty much said everything there is to say in response to this question. Good work :3

Kodo said:
Aledacia said:

this happened to an american teenager in singapore not in japan. get your facts straight before you say something stupid.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EPF/is_n22_v93/ai_16809798

Really? I was told it was in Japan. Oh well.

Point still stands - the Japanese people are brought up much differently than people in the USA. Half the parents in the USA don't give a damn what their children do or think, and just let them run wild. I know very, very few people in their teens-20's who were brought up with any sense of morals, honor, responsibility, or anything else that a person needs later in life.

Many people don't understand the repercussions from the things they do, because they're so used to being able to do whatever the hell they want, when they want, without getting punished for it.

And I'm a girl RL ty. >.>;
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-26 14:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jp cheat just like NA do. Those endgame Jp shells have that have every piece of gear didn't get that from being "honorable" or w/e. The difference is, when NA get banned they go on BG and have a massive QQ fest thread of 140 pages and a RIP thread thats lists everyone that got banned. When Jp get banned, they go away, and watch some hilarious game show of women in bikini's get pied by losers in bear suits.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-26 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Really? I was told it was in Japan. Oh well. Point still stands - the Japanese people are brought up much differently than people in the USA. Half the parents in the USA don't give a damn what their children do or think, and just let them run wild. I know very, very few people in their teens-20's who were brought up with any sense of morals, honor, responsibility, or anything else that a person needs later in life. Many people don't understand the repercussions from the things they do, because they're so used to being able to do whatever the hell they want, when they want, without getting punished for it.

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head.
I try to surround myself with honest, honorable people at all times.
Still, I had two friends that were banned in this instance.

Of my two friends, they had two different responses.

Friend A- Thought this was Bull&*%$ and has been complaining constanly to SE about how it was unfair.

Friend B- Told me he was banned, he cheated and was punished. He accepts his punishment, however harsh it seems to anyone, and moves forward. He is starting a new character from level one and this time, won't even use windower.

I choose to keep Friend B as a friend, because he is the type of person that will learn from his mistake, humble in his response and acted with integrity admitting his wrongdoing and accepting his punishment. Those are the kinds of friends I enjoy making, in real life and in game.

For those that think I'm beating a dead horse:
I am mearly offering a stage for discussion. If people take it further than that, then I will choose to not respond and look for another place to partake in a reasonable discussion. Debating is healthy. It engages the mind and brings forth new and interesting perspectives on different aspects of an argument or dispute. But, when it's taken to far and becomes a heated debate or a "flame" war, then it is no longer a productive discussion and it has mutilated into something I don't want to be a part of.

Still, this thread is doing fine for far.

~Yotevol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-26 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So your saying you are no longer friends with person A simply because they didn't belive a punishment against them was fair? nice
 Remora.Ballbag
Server: Remora
user: bulldog
By Remora.Ballbag 2009-01-26 14:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

JP's are most unlikely not to cheat? most of the gold selling sweatshops are in that half of the world. and buying gold/gill does violate the rules.

Ballbag said:
JP's are most unlikely not to cheat? most of the gold selling sweatshops are in that half of the world. and buying gold/gill does violate the rules.

There are more countries in "that half of the world" than Japan.

Regardless, such things will pop up anywhere - a business opportunity is a business opportunity.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-26 14:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
So your saying you are no longer friends with person A simply because they didn't belive a punishment against them was fair? nice

I am no longer friends with Friend A, because he didn't have the integrity to even admit what he did was wrong. Even when I explained it to him. If someone rationalizes something wrong into believing that it was right, then that is a person I don't wish to be friends with.

What stops that individual from rationalizing other things that are wrong?
For this, I would recommend reading Stephen Carter's "Integrity".
Stephen Carter clearly outlines what a person with integrity will do in this very instance.

Step 1- Discerning what is right and wrong. Understand what you are doing is wrong in accordance with the rules.
Step 2- Publicly acknowledge that you oppose this "rule" and commit it anyway, even at great personnel risk.
Step 3- Accept the punishments that may ensue do to committing the act against the rules.

Friend A did not do Step 1, Step 2 or Step 3, therefore he does not have integrity and I wish to not be friends with him because of this.

If he were to regret his actions and accept his punishment, then I will give him a second chance.
I firmly believe in second chances.

~Yotevol
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-26 14:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I once stopped being virtual friends with someone who thought Snickers was better than Butterfingers. I tried to explain to him that the creamy nougat in Snickers just incredibly pales in comparison to the crunchy sorta-peanutbuttery goodness of a BF. But, he just didn't listen to me. So, for that, he is now in my Block list on AIM. I do not waste my time with people who refuse to think like I do.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 15:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
I once stopped being virtual friends with someone who thought Snickers was better than Butterfingers. I tried to explain to him that the creamy nougat in Snickers just incredibly pales in comparison to the crunchy sorta-peanutbuttery goodness of a BF. But, he just didn't listen to me. So, for that, he is now in my Block list on AIM. I do not waste my time with people who refuse to think like I do.

But what about Three Musketeers? Three Musketeers>all. ^^
 Ramuh.Demal
Server: Ramuh
user: Demal
By Ramuh.Demal 2009-01-26 15:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Japs cheat just as much as everyone else, and alot of jap players have been banned too, it's just not usual for EU/US players to hang out in Jap forums???
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-26 15:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I had looked at this topic and knew it was going to progress in a downward spiral... I look again and I'm surprised at just how badly it has turned out.

Wow... Just... Wow...

So what you're saying, Lovetoy, is that none of your thoughts are your own and you're basically just taking all of your views from other people like an author such as "Stephen Carter"? Seriously... You're going to condemn someone not because they cheated... But because they didn't follow some crackpot author's "three steps" and can't be considered to have integrity? In my opinion any of the players that were banned lost any integrity they 'might' have had before they started duplicating items.

I think you need to stop considering your author buddy's opinions as fact.

And btw... 100 Grand > All others tbh. :P
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-26 15:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I had looked at this topic and knew it was going to progress in a downward spiral... I look again and I'm surprised at just how badly it has turned out. Wow... Just... Wow... So what you're saying, Lovetoy, is that none of your thoughts are your own and you're basically just taking all of your views from other people like an author such as "Stephen Carter"? Seriously... You're going to condemn someone not because they cheated... But because they didn't follow some crackpot author's "three steps" and can't be considered to have integrity? In my opinion any of the players that were banned lost any integrity they 'might' have had before they started duplicating items. I think you need to stop considering your author buddy's opinions as fact. And btw... 100 Grand > All others tbh. :P

This shocks me. Honestly.
This is a statement from someone that knows nothing of the value of references.
In order to back up any statement or argument, a good debater needs to be able to quote a quality reference.
Stephen Carter is a renowned expert in integrity and is very well versed on many aspects of it.
In college, we had several debates over this book and it's point of view.

Unfortunatly, what scares me most about your "rebuttal" (if I can call it as such), is how you basically say:
"Whatever you say is dumb, because you're dumb."

Absurd, clearly- as is your statements.
Formulate a quality cohesive argument with references and maybe I will take the time to look them up instead of shrugging your blathering as the mumbling of a bafoon that is uneducated.

Regardless of how much education you may or may not have, your reply is lacking it.

~Yotevol
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-26 15:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
But what about Three Musketeers? Three Musketeers>all. ^^

Tbest said:
And btw... 100 Grand > All others tbh. :P

Fools. I hope you enjoy your lives without the splendor of my friendship and infected with the desire for a lesser candy bar.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 15:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
I hope you enjoy your lives...infected with the desire for a lesser candy bar.

You just keep telling yourself that, buddy. :P
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 15:35:24

*** your candy bars. Cheesecake > All
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 15:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The cake is a lie!!!!!
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-01-26 15:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
When Jp get banned, they go away, and watch some hilarious game show of women in bikini's get pied by losers in bear suits.

You saw me on there?!

I knew I'd never live that down...
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-26 15:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of sugar, I have not had a Mountain Dew in 96+ hours. Does anybody else find this to be an achievement?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-26 15:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No WAY!! "Take 5" is a awesome candy bar! FU Cheesecake!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 15:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
Speaking of sugar, I have not had a Mountain Dew in 96+ hours. Does anybody else find this to be an achievement?

I applaud your efforts. If I don't have my coffee in the morning I am useless for pretty much the whole day.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-26 16:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

<Thank You> I am useless even after drinking Mountain Dew. You have a leg up with your coffee.^^
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-01-26 17:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

hey disintegration, have you tried the mt dew voltage yet? it's like a blue slurpee.

what about toblerone? those are great!
First Page 2 3