For All Of You Enjoying Low-man VNMs...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » For all of you enjoying low-man VNMs...
For all of you enjoying low-man VNMs...
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-09-02 14:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well it was a bigger point back in the day when ***was rediculous and everyone was burning millions to lvl crafts. Or tens of millions if you were a GS
XD that remind me when i started to play, lol spine spipy was overcamped n is cape was ~100k on bismarck.
My HQ staffs were 1-2 mil each...

15mil raise 3 lol

Only like 10% of all white mages had erase D:
Fun times in crawlers nest :p
hahahaha god damn there sumday i would love to go back in time
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 14:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well it was a bigger point back in the day when ***was rediculous and everyone was burning millions to lvl crafts. Or tens of millions if you were a GS
XD that remind me when i started to play, lol spine spipy was overcamped n is cape was ~100k on bismarck.
My HQ staffs were 1-2 mil each... 15mil raise 3 lol
Only like 10% of all white mages had erase D: Fun times in crawlers nest :p
Hell half the rdms didn't have dispel... when I was 40 my pt was suprised I was bringing a refresh scroll lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 14:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hell half the rdms didn't have dispel... when I was 40 my pt was suprised I was bringing a refresh scroll lol

Yeah, I kinda miss those old days =p
"WOHO 8k/hr! this party is amazing!"
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 14:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Old school Bibiki bay Dhamel parties :D
RMT groups in Lower Delfulkts Tower camping the gobbies
MPKing fishing bots on the ferries

Good times indeed ~
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-09-02 14:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Good times indeed ~

:P u forgot king ranperre's tomb merit pt
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 14:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Or really old school with moon/sky pts
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 14:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Good times indeed ~

:P u forgot king ranperre's tomb merit pt

*soloing blm to 75
*Korr tunnel being used as a "gasp" bst camp~ not this gimp breed of astral burning mofos~
*KRT Monk burn merit parties
*Home pointing every time I died because for the first week I did not know you could get Raised
*Setting my home point in the dunes without the outpost warp with no maps to get back to Sandy
*The first time I rode the airship and someone did the PS2 glitch :< I still want to jump off the ship :< and I thought to myself SUICIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 Asura.Floorboss
Server: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-09-02 14:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SE and the stupid GMs need to start thinking about sandworm and other nm or hnm. I know that if you low man monsters you kite so does that mean they will temp ban you because the player base is smarter than them, makes you wonder sometimes. All I know is that they should have thought about this before hand before they released it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 15:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time I rode the airship and someone did the PS2 glitch :< I still want to jump off the ship :< and I thought to myself SUICIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PS2 glitch? that works just fine on PC >_>
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 15:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
thought to myself SUICIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

do tell my good sir! I could never get it to work :O
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 15:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
thought to myself SUICIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

do tell my good sir! I could never get it to work :O

I havent tried it in ages (idk when I rode an airship last time:P), but it used to work just fine, and I've allways been on PC :o
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 15:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

:O side thought a taru viking is too cute!

I has taru obsession :O
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-02 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume looks cooler!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 15:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

:O side thought a taru viking is too cute!

I has taru obsession :O

xD
Best piece of town-gear evar! lol
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 15:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Hume looks cooler!
nuwai
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 15:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume looks cooler!

You wish!
 Unicorn.Demogorgon
Server: Unicorn
user: Skyline
By Unicorn.Demogorgon 2010-09-02 16:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Threads way off topic now but this found its way over to bg, cant post images there so I figured I'd post it here.

When I originally found this fence, I called a GM to show him the lovely pathing around it, and asked him if it was a bannable issue.

Keep on fencin.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-09-02 23:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cyphon said:

He talked to a Senior GM who was like: "well.. just stop next time when GM tells you to... otherwise you can do it..."

Nothing of such was said, he clearly said that such exploit wasn't allowed and that you could be reported again for it. Not to mention that Constantyns was a complete *** during that call. Be lucky you didn't receive any penalty. All I see is a GM who did a good job to be honest.

Also saying that other players do it is the worst argument ever to use when facing a GM. "sup I'm using windower, everyone is doing it!", place a call and say that, enjoy your 72h ban. They don't give a *** if everyone is doing something or not. You get reported for it, they investigate, you are found violating the rules, they force you to respect them.

Another player is doing it 5 min after? If you don't report him not like anything will be done. That's the same for everything, could it be spamming, MPK, harassment or exploit use...
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-03 01:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

S-E has made it clear in the past that a player can not exploit a "bug" in the game.

Although it may be a liberal interpretation of "bug", when there are invisible obstacles to NPC movement, and a player takes advantage of this, GM's might rule to take action against the player.

Does that suck? Sure. It would be easy to say "S-E should just fix the problem with the landscape/obstacles" instead of punishing players who are intentionally exploiting said problem.

But the bottom line is, they aren't going to invest the programming resources to do that ... or they would have already done it.

If you want to use the fence/wall "bug" to "low-man" VNMs, I'm not telling you not to, and I sure as sh*t wouldn't waste my time calling a GM about it. I have a couple of good friends in FFXI that use the fence/wall pathing tactic. But, proceed at your own risk. It's a violation, and even though it's unlikely you'll get caught ... when you do, if you do, too damn bad.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Hume looks cooler!
You wish!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-03 01:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
S-E has made it clear in the past that a player can not exploit a "bug" in the game.

Although it may be a liberal interpretation of "bug", when there are invisible obstacles to NPC movement, and a player takes advantage of this, GM's might rule to take action against the player.

Does that suck? Sure. It would be easy to say "S-E should just fix the problem with the landscape/obstacles" instead of punishing players who are intentionally exploiting said problem.

But the bottom line is, they aren't going to invest the programming resources to do that ... or they would have already done it.

If you want to use the fence/wall "bug" to "low-man" VNMs, I'm not telling you not to, and I sure as sh*t wouldn't waste my time calling a GM about it. I have a couple of good friends in FFXI that use the fence/wall pathing tactic. But, proceed at your own risk. It's a violation, and even though it's unlikely you'll get caught ... when you do, if you do, too damn bad.

Like the GM in Demogorgon's screenshot said, it's only a violation if the mob can't actually kill you even if you stand still. It can still kill you with the fence, though much less likely. If the mob can't do anything to you and you just stand there and cast then it's a violation.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 01:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad there is no list of agreed bugs that are put out in the rules as no nos...

Probably why each GM (and sometimes the same one) say different things.

It's not a matter of they can't "fix" it. It's that they clearly aren't unanimous on weather it's cheating or not.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-03 01:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the GM in Demogorgon's screenshot said, it's only a violation if the mob can't actually kill you even if you stand still. It can still kill you with the fence, though much less likely. If the mob can't do anything to you and you just stand there and cast then it's a violation.

***, better stop using sleep and bind now!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 01:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
S-E has made it clear in the past that a player can not exploit a "bug" in the game. Although it may be a liberal interpretation of "bug", when there are invisible obstacles to NPC movement, and a player takes advantage of this, GM's might rule to take action against the player. Does that suck? Sure. It would be easy to say "S-E should just fix the problem with the landscape/obstacles" instead of punishing players who are intentionally exploiting said problem. But the bottom line is, they aren't going to invest the programming resources to do that ... or they would have already done it. If you want to use the fence/wall "bug" to "low-man" VNMs, I'm not telling you not to, and I sure as sh*t wouldn't waste my time calling a GM about it. I have a couple of good friends in FFXI that use the fence/wall pathing tactic. But, proceed at your own risk. It's a violation, and even though it's unlikely you'll get caught ... when you do, if you do, too damn bad.
***, better stop using sleep and bind now!
Why do you think 99.9% of the nms created over the last year are immune?

By soulwolf 2010-09-03 01:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

i miss thoughs days
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-03 01:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

soulwolf said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

i miss thoughs days

Ditto.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 01:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

soulwolf said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
i miss thoughs days
Funnest pt I ever was in was in sky roaming. Was me on rdm 1 brd and 4 war/nins. One of which was the main tank merely because he had maneater/Kclub and lots of haste for back then