For All Of You Enjoying Low-man VNMs...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » For all of you enjoying low-man VNMs...
For all of you enjoying low-man VNMs...
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-09-02 13:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time just asked for the Master/Head GM, argue fact there no Rules indicating your not allowed to use obseticals to kill monsters.. those tree/walls etc are placed there for show aswell as use, this is like saying its agaist the rules to use hight diffence to avoide AoEs, and use walls to stop knock back, stuiped gms are stuiped
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-09-02 13:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this on the GM Policy website
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=455&la=2&kid=12667
Quote:
What constitutes taking advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play?

Some examples would be: using the games' geometry to safely attack a monster without fear of being attacked, or using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill. If you are unsure whether something is a feature or not, please consult with a GM immediately.

Damn D:

Also, this.
Quote:
Is power leveling (PL) against the rules?

We do not prohibit 3rd party players assisting other players. However, if such assists result in interfering with other players' capability of playing the game, GMs may take action.

PL with caution!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
you should have told him to show you or tell you where it is stated that it was an inappropriate way to kill it. I just killed the jnun in xarc last night with 5 ppl and no problems. there were a couple ppl waiting by us to fight ruthven after. no problems at all.
Not like you can't straight tank the jnun with like 3 people
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What constitutes taking advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play?
using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill.

<.< lolwut?

If I attempt to make a Nashmau earring and i failed and get skillups at the same time :< Do I report myself?
 Cerberus.Cyphon
Server: Cerberus
user: Seymor
By Cerberus.Cyphon 2010-09-02 13:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alexander.Varistor said:
you should have told him to show you or tell you where it is stated that it was an inappropriate way to kill it. I just killed the jnun in xarc last night with 5 ppl and no problems. there were a couple ppl waiting by us to fight ruthven after. no problems at all.

thats not the matter @ Dasva... concerning crab...

if there would be 6-12 ppl arround making it able to straight tank it I'd ask them to come... but most of the time.. they're not.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-02 13:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If they don't like us pinning stuff they could like... Fix the sections of zones that have an issue. Honestly think that the whole vnm thing is something you only get in trouble for if you piss someone off enough to gm you for it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-09-02 13:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
<.< lolwut?

If I attempt to make a Nashmau earring and i failed and get skillups at the same time :< Do I report myself?

Yes, immediately. Several times if necessary.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 13:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What constitutes taking advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play? using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill.
<.< lolwut? If I attempt to make a Nashmau earring and i failed and get skillups at the same time :< Do I report myself?
I think they might be referring to the old force fail trick.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 13:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:
What constitutes taking advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play? using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill.
<.< lolwut? If I attempt to make a Nashmau earring and i failed and get skillups at the same time :< Do I report myself?
What is this trick you speak of :O
Server: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-09-02 13:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Quote:

Some examples would be: using the games' geometry to safely attack a monster without fear of being attacked, or using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill. If you are unsure whether something is a feature or not, please consult with a GM immediately.
This again is another non-spec rule, this to me rules out the runic door/glitch and UFO/JoJustice Glitchs more than useing a wall to run around.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-09-02 13:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Damn D:
lmfao if this apply to synergy too its have to b the biggest joke as rules that SE can made. 95% of the ppl that got synergy did it that way XD
[+]
 Cerberus.Cyphon
By Cerberus.Cyphon 2010-09-02 13:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kaiseredge said:
Used to kite Despot around the tree in sky all the time punching and chi blasting it for a hr straight.

Had gm called several times but they always stated as long as I was doing dmg to the mob it was fine.

And I still kite Aquarius around and kill him with dread spikes for the easy 27k gil with Bandolero scarf when bored.

thats what I want to know...

is there a difference between pinning and kiting (for GM) lol.... I just can remember a screenshot when somebody got GM'd cause of "using the terrain for KV"
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 13:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

<.< lolwut?

Yes, immediately. Several times if necessary.
/rage quit

:D Thanks brah!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 13:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cyphon said:
Bismarck.Kaiseredge said:
Used to kite Despot around the tree in sky all the time punching and chi blasting it for a hr straight.

Had gm called several times but they always stated as long as I was doing dmg to the mob it was fine.

And I still kite Aquarius around and kill him with dread spikes for the easy 27k gil with Bandolero scarf when bored.

thats what I want to know...

is there a difference between pinning and kiting (for GM) lol.... I just can remember a screenshot when somebody got GM'd cause of "using the terrain for KV"

I once held KV for 3hrs with people watching without getting any problems =/
This whole thing seem pretty damn random lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 13:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:
If you got warped mid synth it would force fail you but lose no material and you still had a chance to skill up
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 13:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Knightofdragon said:
I found this on the GM Policy website http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=455&la=2&kid=12667
Quote:
What constitutes taking advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play? Some examples would be: using the games' geometry to safely attack a monster without fear of being attacked, or using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill. If you are unsure whether something is a feature or not, please consult with a GM immediately.
This again is another non-spec rule, this to me rules out the runic door/glitch and UFO/JoJustice Glitchs more than useing a wall to run around.
I wouldn't even call it a rule. It's in none of the user agreements or rules section which we technically acknowledge we will follow.

[+]
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-09-02 13:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:
If you got warped mid synth it would force fail you but lose no material and you still had a chance to skill up

didnt they fix that bug by been unable to cast on ppl that synth?
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:

lol wtf ? Synthing without a success gives you back your materials and you skill up while attempting the craft so why would I want to warp? :<

I are confused
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-09-02 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:

lol wtf ? Synthing without a success gives you back your materials and you skill up while attempting the craft so why would I want to warp? :<

I are confused
:P wait till u get ww90ish n start to craft with item that cost ~50k+ n lost a few in a row u would want that trick back XD
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-09-02 13:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alexander.Varistor said:
exactly. nice way to force ppl to have to join a VNM shell or do it with an alliance. Just when you thought they were trying to help us do more solo/low man activities. lol whatever.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 13:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:
lol wtf ? Synthing without a success gives you back your materials and you skill up while attempting the craft so why would I want to warp? :< I are confused
Um cause you might break items. And sometimes succeeding is even worse lol. I used to have a recipe back in the day that was 90k loss on success lol
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Nope. Not unless you have blockaid on. Instead they made it so that if you get casted on or zone you get a 100% HQ break. Even on recipes that normally can't break like rod repair
[+]
 Cerberus.Cyphon
By Cerberus.Cyphon 2010-09-02 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, for all of you who didn't see Cons other screenshots yet.

He talked to a Senior GM who was like: "well.. just stop next time when GM tells you to... otherwise you can do it..."

I feel punked lol
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-09-02 13:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quote:
lol wtf ? Synthing without a success gives you back your materials and you skill up while attempting the craft so why would I want to warp? :< I are confused

I think it refers to being full up on inventory and using synths with stackable items and not actually having a spot for the new item to go after the synth....
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
:P wait till u get ww90ish n start to craft with item that cost ~50k+ n lost a few in a row u would want that trick back XD

:P I won't take WW to 90+ because Staves were the big money maker and they tanked, as were demons which were replaced by antilion arrows (which will be replaced I am sure by 90ish update) etc etc

Unless you are a GS /synergy crafter tbh, not sure why you would bother anymore

oh and I made a huge profit in the day on arrows/bolts/nin tools so skilling up doesnt make me cringe (or it didnt anyways) because I prepared :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 14:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it was a bigger point back in the day when ***was rediculous and everyone was burning millions to lvl crafts. Or tens of millions if you were a GS
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-09-02 14:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well it was a bigger point back in the day when ***was rediculous and everyone was burning millions to lvl crafts. Or tens of millions if you were a GS

XD that remind me when i started to play, lol spine spipy was overcamped n is cape was ~100k on bismarck.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 14:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
XD that remind me when i started to play, lol spine spipy was overcamped n is cape was ~100k on bismarck.
My HQ staffs were 1-2 mil each...

15mil raise 3 lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-02 14:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
My HQ staffs were 1-2 mil each...

15mil raise 3 lol

Only like 10% of all white mages had erase D:
Fun times in crawlers nest :p