Forum » FFXI » General » Moghancements and Elemental Power
Moghancements and Elemental Power
 Alexander.Baracca
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: baracca
By Alexander.Baracca 2009-01-23 15:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any information on wether the power of your element in your Moghouse (powerful earth energy) has any effect on your Moghancement?

For instance, I just started Gardening, so I have Moghancement: Gardening and Overwelming Earth energy. Does that earth Energy help make the Moghancement more powerful? Or should I be selling back some of that furniture I bought... lol

Thanks for any opinions/advice.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-23 15:38:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, additional furniture of that particular element of your currently active moghancement will enhance it's potency however the additional furniture's seperate moghancement strengths cannot overwrite what you have currently active or else it'll go onto that one. Make sense? Kinda makes me wish SE would just let us pick our own moghancements on the list of what's available instead of yanking out and throwing in furniture for when we wanna craft or whatever.
 Alexander.Baracca
Server: Alexander
user: baracca
By Alexander.Baracca 2009-01-25 20:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the first response Artemicion, to follow up this question though, I have a Nobles Bed in my main MH which gives Moghancement: Experience.... Would upping the lightning elemental power (which is what the bed is based on) lower xp lost during death? Seems that'd be great for Dynamis ect...
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-26 10:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

From the Wiki:

"This will decrease the amount of Experience Points that are lost when you're killed. With this Moghancement you will retain at least 5% of the XP you would have lost upon death, whether you were raised or returned to your home point. It is confirmed that stronger Mog House elemental energy does not independently increase the amount of XP retained."
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancement:_Experience

I would be interested in knowing if you receive any benefit from the elemental power of a moghancement though. For example, does the overwhelming earth energy of the Moghancement: Gardening mentioned by OP offer any improvement in crafting with Earth crystals? Or do you only get that with Moghancement: Earth?
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-26 11:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Baracca said:
Thanks for the first response Artemicion, to follow up this question though, I have a Nobles Bed in my main MH which gives Moghancement: Experience.... Would upping the lightning elemental power (which is what the bed is based on) lower xp lost during death? Seems that'd be great for Dynamis ect...

I think that the lightning energy lvl will not change the amount of xp saved when you die and blood warp. According to wiki the bed has a certain amount.

I have moghancement alchemy and use overwhelming energy and that adds no lvls to alchemy.

moghancement gardening is affected by overwhelming earth. At my gardening mule I can go 2 full days without checking a sapling without them dieng. I'm not saying go ahead and ingore your plants alltogether since you might miss the time to put in the crystals, but if you have a vacation that will have you away for a couple days (I did once with some plants going), you can get back and your plants should still be ok.

Here is the link to wiki moghancements guide.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancements