users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK WS Help
DRK WS Help
 Diabolos.Darkcorrosion
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Darkcorrosion 2010-08-25 09:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, my drk is currently at lv50. But was wondering at 75+, whats the best WS for scythe does drk have? i asked around ppl tell me spiral hell, guillotine, insurgency, and even cross reaper -.-

SO, what is the best scythe ws available for drk? checking out drk gear atm to see what should i get once im 75+
 Bismarck.Juris
Server: Bismarck
user: KatOtaku
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-08-25 09:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Guillotine. Insurgency is like guillotine -1 but you can self SC with cross reaper. I am not sure why someone would tell you spiral hell is any good. If you are in a situation where it would be better than guillotine, you would use GS instead of Scythe anyway.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-25 09:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason I use Insurgency is to Sekka Guillo > Insurgency for some extra Compression damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-08-25 10:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Darkcorrosion said:
SO, what is the best scythe ws available for drk?

Catastrophe.

For a normal DRK guillotine and insurgency are awesome. I find cross reaper to be more of a situational WS and usually use it to open/close darkness or when a monster has really low HP. Spiral Hell is even more situational in my opinion. It's only one hit and doesn't do much damage unless you have 300%. 300% Spiral Hell + Sneak Attack is fun and can deal some nice damage, however you will probably do better using great sword + spinning slash instead of scythe with THF sub.
 Bismarck.Juris
user: KatOtaku
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-08-25 10:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can not get Apoc, which is what Trauma is referring to when he mentioned "Catastrophe" I am guessing, try ToM scythes. Good selection and not hard to do.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-25 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't wanna do the OAT scythe I recommend the STR/ATT Absolution since it's fairly easy to get and a strong scythe. The Redemption trials are stupidly difficult atm (last one, with the 50 items).
 Diabolos.Darkcorrosion
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Darkcorrosion 2010-08-25 10:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

kk thx everyone :D