users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Shiki Weapon
Shiki Weapon
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-23 15:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been reading the wiki testimonials on Shiki, and it says soloable by rng/nin using sleep bolt method. Im assuming it means just like white coney, spam sleep bolts and it never wakes up. Now my question is, has anyone here actually tried that? There are some reports on the wiki that shiki resists sleep after a while, so i want to know if rng can actually do it.
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2010-08-23 15:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That NM can get messy...id say bring a friend to be sure.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-23 15:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about your ranger but You can solo it on DNC (which I saw you have) with a eva setup =)
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-08-23 15:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if pld/dnc can solo it now at lv80
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-23 15:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont really have an eva setup on dnc, im sure i could make one(SH, boxers, Ohat). But id really rather do it rng, so was curious if the sleep thing is possible

Edit: and dnc doesnt have widescan
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-23 15:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Not sure about your ranger but You can solo it on DNC (which I saw you have) with a eva setup =)

NIN and DNC with an EVA setup could easily solo it, but no I haven't tried it. I tanked it fairly well BLU/NIN with SMN friend there at 75, but I was steadily losing my footing around 20%, if a THF hadnt offered TH I would have died.

Shiki is really a pain, because the ToD is so hard to get, and it moves so much if it's not killed. If you have DNC though, basically anything would work with it, WHM, NIN, THF, BLU, RDM, basically anything that can cast as well.

Anyways- PLD/RDM might be able to do it, but he hits hard.

As for RNG, it's completely possible, but youd need to bring a lot of them. If it does in fact resist though, then it could get tricky, so Id stack on the Ranged Attack in places where accuracy was so you dont risk it. Ill end my wall of text to say that, Shiki weapon, Biast, Father Frost, and many of the old school NMs are sleepable. Biast and FF do NOT resist sleep, so I assume Shiki wouldnt either.

Wow I talk alot x.x

Edit: Happy hunting! Though if you have SMN, you should be able to solo it. Despite idiotic testimonials from wiki, it and other weapons Link in NO way, you just need to be careful not to aggro adds.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-23 15:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, DNC may not have widescan but theres a place where you can idle and cast spam that he ALWAYS walks through. Unfortunately, DNC would need to be /NIN and RNG aswell likely, so you wouldnt be able to aggro it solo.