Forum » FFXI » NMs » Carabosse Not Using Benediction
Carabosse Not Using Benediction
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-08-23 11:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS was doing Carabosse last night and it never used Benediction. Killed and got full drops minus key item and atma. We were trying to trigger "!!" with different spells/ws so I was wondering if something we did caused her to not 2 hour. Just posting here in case anyone else has had a similar experience. Nobody noticed any "!!," however she did start taking significantly less damage as if she had used Benediction (without the hp recovery). She also started changing seasons, but I believe she still only used her arrow attacks as she kept knocking my RNG back over and over again. The only WS I tried were Coronach, Trueflight, Numbing Shot, and Detonator. Only strange thing I noticed was Trueflight pulled a lot of hate even though it did only like 9 damage.
 Caitsith.Enygma
Server: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-24 22:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed some VNMs doing this lately too, was doing pug in east ronf and he didn't mighty strikes once, yet he usually does every 20%... not once lol 0 recoil dives lol

I think maybe something screwy with programming on certain monster's 2hours after patch.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-08-25 06:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Enygma said:
I noticed some VNMs doing this lately too, was doing pug in east ronf and he didn't mighty strikes once, yet he usually does every 20%... not once lol 0 recoil dives lol

I think maybe something screwy with programming on certain monster's 2hours after patch.

In my experience this has been the case since VNM was introduced to the game. It's been a while since I did VNMs now, but it may have something to do with them being "true" or not, idk, speculating. But yeah, I have had several T2 VNMs not using 2hr at all.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-25 06:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Enygma said:

This happened to me once, but it was a long time ago now.