Issues With Benchmark Program.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Issues with Benchmark program.
Issues with Benchmark program.
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 03:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got my new computer and I went straight for the FFXIV website to download the benchmark to see how it would preform. All was fine and dandy up until the running of the program. I got an error message saying that the file d3dx9_41.dll was missing and it wouldn't run.

Soon after I had google'd this file and noticed it wasn't an uncommon thing for this to be missing or have problems. One suggestion was a plain restart (the obvious suggestion for everything), which I tried and no success. The next was re-downloading the Benchmark program itself, again which I tried and it failed.

Now I get to the part where I'm at the Microsoft website looking to update/download the DirectX End-User Runtime. Here lies another problem I encountered. While the download finished and the program started running, another error message popped up saying:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

Back to google, looked up where this Cryptographic Service thing was located and went there. It was enabled. But what is this cabinet file certificate? That is the point where I'm lost. I suppose this could all be fixed and avoided by getting the previous filed mentioned from someone. (maybe?)

Any clues or advice? Or if any idea that sending that file would work either?

*Running DirectX 11, btw.
 Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 05:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the double post but I ended up figuring out where to get the missing file. STILL giving me that same stupid error though and I'm even more confused now. I was able to put the d3dx9_41.dll in the System32 as it had stated, and the benchmark program is still giving me the "Not found" error.

I did restart, and I did re-download the benchmark after moving the .dll to it's spot.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-22 05:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry i cant help, but i have a similar problem myself. When i try to run the program i get past the Agreement and Race selection and when the propper window comes up, this happens.

Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-22 05:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
Sorry i cant help, but i have a similar problem myself. When i try to run the program i get past the Agreement and Race selection and when the propper window comes up, this happens.

Same thing happens to me.

Bismarck.Veruna said:
Sorry for the double post but I ended up figuring out where to get the missing file. STILL giving me that same stupid error though and I'm even more confused now. I was able to put the d3dx9_41.dll in the System32 as it had stated, and the benchmark program is still giving me the "Not found" error.

I did restart, and I did re-download the benchmark after moving the .dll to it's spot.

I think you need to put the program(that file) into the ffxiv benchmark folder. Like, open it up, drag and drop it under the ffxiv benchmark. Thats how I fixed that issue when I had it ^^;
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-22 05:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_41.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with these steps.

1. Restart your computer if you haven't yet.

The d3dx9_41.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.

2. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the d3dx9_41.dll not found error.

Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.

Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.

3. Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_41.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application DVD or CD. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.

3. Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.

4. Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something might have happened to the files in the program that work with d3dx9_41.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.

5. Restore the d3dx9_41.dll file from the latest DirectX software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_41.dll error, try extracting the d3dx9_41.dll individually from the DirectX downloadable package.

6. Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.

Applies To
The d3dx9_41.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.

Any of Microsoft's operating systems since Windows 98 may be effected by d3dx9_41.dll and other DirectX issues. This includes Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.

Taken from
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/d3dx9_41-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-22 07:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:

Do you know if your computers specs are high enough? I know all of mine are except i dont know what my graphics card is, which maybe is the problem? Do you know if your graphics card it good enough etc?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 07:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey -7, open a folder and navigate to Computer, then near the top of the window, there will be an option for "System information", click that and your graphics card will be on the next screen.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-08-22 08:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using the "run as administrator" option? Thats what I had to do
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-22 08:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know if your computers specs are high enough? I know all of mine are except i dont know what my graphics card is, which maybe is the problem? Do you know if your graphics card it good enough etc?

Not a damn clue. How do I check with a vista laptop? >.>
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-22 09:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Hey -7, open a folder and navigate to Computer, then near the top of the window, there will be an option for "System information", click that and your graphics card will be on the next screen.

When i try that, my specs come up but not graphics card ; ;. If i remember correctly when i ordered my comp off Dell i had an option between two graphics cards as i had to deliberate over the extra cost, i thinkkk i went for nvidia but cant be certain.
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Are you using the "run as administrator" option? Thats what I had to do
Doesnt help :(

I imagine something similar to what Enternius said above, but i dont know myself ^^;
By Zekko 2010-08-22 09:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope that 3.6 is your Disk Transfer Rate :p
Otherwise you will have trouble even starting the Benchmark.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-22 09:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine something similar to what Enternius said above, but i dont know myself ^^;

I got what you got, and this is what I got >.>;;

By Zekko 2010-08-22 09:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Click Widniws Experience Index and then it will give your card/cpu/HDD a number out of 7.9
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-22 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, well at least now i have an excuse to pay out for a graphics card that will make the game look real nice?

Looks like that is my problem.
By Zekko 2010-08-22 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably ;( You could maybe run the game on low with that score. 4gb of RAM is enough
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-22 10:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

well if i cant run the benchmark lol, i'd rather have it working well than crappy anyway i guess, other than the graphics card all other stats will run it fine without any hinderances? Better start looking into what its gonna cost and whether just to buy a ps3 lol.

Thanks alot for the help by the way guys
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-22 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Click Widniws Experience Index and then it will give your card/cpu/HDD a number out of 7.9

here you go o.o;;

Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-08-22 10:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pick up a videocard that will play it well for under $200. And if you're willing to play in low settings, you can get one for around $110-120.

Can't really do anything about laptops though. A U2700 won't be enough to play FFXIV unfortunately. You might could get a CPU upgrade for your laptop... but it's rarely ever worth it, and your mobile videocard will likely not be enough :(
By Zekko 2010-08-22 10:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@Minusseven

Yeah a new card would be best but you have to look at other areas such as a new card will possibly need a new Power Supply(unless you already have a decent one) A mid range card such as the 5850 is around £180 i think, you will need at least a 500-600 Watt PSU. Also you might have to update your motherboard if theres no room for expansions or you dont have certain slots the graphics card requires.

@Renala

Probably need a new Card/CPU :( I dont think 3.5 will cut it
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-22 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
You can pick up a videocard that will play it well for under $200. And if you're willing to play in low settings, you can get one for around $110-120.

Can't really do anything about laptops though. An U2700 won't be enough to play FFXIV unfortunately. You might could get a CPU upgrade for your laptop... but it's rarely ever worth it, and your mobile videocard will likely not be enough :(

'Eh, I've heard that twice now, I should just belive it and stop trying ~.~;;;

I know I'm getting a desktop for 14 anyay XD
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-08-22 10:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A desktop is your best bet for 14. :)

I've yet to see a new laptop that didn't cost $1500 ish play ffxiv well. Even at $1500, you have to pick and choose your laptops carefully. An i7 paired with intel HD graphics won't play it, no matter how expensive the laptop is... nor will an Atom matched with a mobile 5870.

Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 11:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need to put the program(that file) into the ffxiv benchmark folder. Like, open it up, drag and drop it under the ffxiv benchmark. Thats how I fixed that issue when I had it ^^;

This did work and showed me that I am missing yet another file. /faceroll

Now I have to go hunting for XINPUT1_3.dll

Edit: Here's my new towers windows rating.

Edit #2: Found xinput1_3.dll and threw that into the benchmark folder. Will it run now?!!!?!?!!1?! No. Next error I'm getting is:

Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-22 12:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Veruna said:

This did work and showed me that I am missing yet another file. /faceroll

Now I have to go hunting for XINPUT1_3.dll

Edit: Here's my new towers windows rating.

Edit #2: Found xinput1_3.dll and threw that into the benchmark folder. Will it run now?!!!?!?!!1?! No. Next error I'm getting is:

No fair on the rating D: very nice, and im sorry for hijacking your thread ^^;
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-22 12:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy fix, works practically every time.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

And no, not trying to be an *** by pointing out the obvious. I have actually run into this issue plenty of times before on new PC's as well as on new Windows installs on older PC's with upgrades.

Just run that and reinstall DirectX. It "should" work fine, but no guarantees as it could be an entirely different problem in general, but every time I've run into that error, simply reinstalling DirectX has fixed it.
 Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 13:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:
Easy fix, works practically every time.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

And no, not trying to be an *** by pointing out the obvious. I have actually run into this issue plenty of times before on new PC's as well as on new Windows installs on older PC's with upgrades.

Just run that and reinstall DirectX. It "should" work fine, but no guarantees as it could be an entirely different problem in general, but every time I've run into that error, simply reinstalling DirectX has fixed it.

This I've tried multiple times. It was the very first thing I did after doing the standard restart was redownloading DirectX. It didn't work due to this error:

The Cryptographic w/e is enabled, I already checked on that, I'm not sure how to check the other thing though.

No fair on the rating D: very nice, and im sorry for hijacking your thread ^^;

No biggie :P I'm just trying to get some things straight here. The more that issues are discussed, the easier it will be for others to fix them later on when/if they get them.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-22 13:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Run it as an administrator. I don't know why it wouldn't be trusted, but try as an administrator.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-08-22 14:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing to note, if you dont have atleast a nvidia 8800gt or better the bench/ff14 wont run.
 Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:
Run it as an administrator. I don't know why it wouldn't be trusted, but try as an administrator.

Ran as administrator just now, still gave the same error. /shrug :\

Odin.Moondaddy said:
one thing to note, if you dont have atleast a nvidia 8800gt or better the bench/ff14 wont run.

My previous computer that I ran the benchmark on ran just fine, and that was using an ATI Radeon HD 4850. This current one that I've been trying on is using an ATI Radeon HD 5850. I don't believe my graphics card is any part of the issue.
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-08-22 14:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Veruna said:
So I just got my new computer and I went straight for the FFXIV website to download the benchmark to see how it would preform. All was fine and dandy up until the running of the program. I got an error message saying that the file d3dx9_41.dll was missing and it wouldn't run.

Soon after I had google'd this file and noticed it wasn't an uncommon thing for this to be missing or have problems. One suggestion was a plain restart (the obvious suggestion for everything), which I tried and no success. The next was re-downloading the Benchmark program itself, again which I tried and it failed.

Now I get to the part where I'm at the Microsoft website looking to update/download the DirectX End-User Runtime. Here lies another problem I encountered. While the download finished and the program started running, another error message popped up saying:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

Back to google, looked up where this Cryptographic Service thing was located and went there. It was enabled. But what is this cabinet file certificate? That is the point where I'm lost. I suppose this could all be fixed and avoided by getting the previous filed mentioned from someone. (maybe?)

Any clues or advice? Or if any idea that sending that file would work either?

*Running DirectX 11, btw.

I've had this error twice before (on two different computers). Here is what worked for me every time:

"Go to Microsoft's website and do a search for "DirectX End-User Runtime". The first page the search comes up with should help you (the page should say "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer"." --PLDXavier

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=22544
 Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:

I've had this error twice before (on two different computers). Here is what worked for me every time:

"Go to Microsoft's website and do a search for "DirectX End-User Runtime". The first page the search comes up with should help you (the page should say "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer"." --PLDXavier

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=22544

Please refer to my post after showing an error after downloading the End-User Runtime program.
First Page 2