Sept. Update Magian Armor.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Sept. Update Magian Armor.
Sept. Update Magian Armor.
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-08-21 14:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With the September update being right around the corner along with news of Trial of the Magian job specific armors, it certainly is safe to assume these will be the new artifact/relic sets. And augmentable no less. Just for fun, what sort of augments or stats would you all like to see on your new black spikey armor?
By Randomguy 2010-08-21 14:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB for your nukes!!!!
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-21 15:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking it will follow the way current trials are.

One path with massive defense, and an elemental path with stat / other bonuses, and thats all I can think of for now...

Maybe a few special paths with traits like Absorbs physical/magical damage or conserves mp/tp stuff like that.
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-21 15:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not safe to assume anything.

The screenshots on the site showed artifact sets, this is true, however, I doubt you will be able to augment it.

If anything, the AF3 sets will be random junk like PUP with shield skill and BLM with AGI.

The ToM armour will be blank pieces, ready to aug' just how the blank weapons are now, they won't be pre-set pieces ready to be enhanced through augments.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-21 15:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A path will have Haste.

It will involve killing 900 enemies that appear in one zone with seven spawns on a sixteen minute repop... per piece, per +1 percent.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
Server: Bismarck
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to see some Sublimation + augments on SCH :)

I'd like to see more fastcast and more sublimation and cure potency so I can explore my other half. Although I'm assuming after the update we'll have Cure V. I noticed we get cures at the same/similar level as a PLD.

Of course I'd also like to see more Helix related stats such as INT+ and macc+ (mattk won't hurt, but rather explore specifically those 2 stats).

I'd like my gear to not look like another rehashing of the graduating class of 1812. :|

Yeah, I can't wait to have to kill 500 mobs on SCH solo to get 1 piece of better gear. Already going for 700+ for my Staff (getting max mattk for Stone so I can Magic burst with it).
Asura.Meowzma said:
If anything, the AF3 sets will be random junk like PUP with shield skill and BLM with AGI.
I dunno about you, but Scholar has amazing AF and amazing Relic (except relic feet... pretend they didn't happen). I'm sure they'll give BLM at least + MND for a healing magic build :).
By Randomguy 2010-08-21 15:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone realized yet that this is a DRK thread?
[+]
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
A path will have Haste.

It will involve killing 900 enemies that appear in one zone with seven spawns on a sixteen minute repop... per piece, per +1 percent.

Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Oh good point, can we make it a general thread though :D? Or you can pretend where I put SCH, you can put DRK and where I put helix you can put like... Um... Great sword?
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-08-21 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

The screenshots on the site showed artifact sets, this is true, however, I doubt you will be able to augment it.

The ToM armour will be blank pieces, ready to aug' just how the blank weapons are now, they won't be pre-set pieces ready to be enhanced through augments.
PlayOnline said:
To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!
It's right there, "when augmented through trials". In no way do I claim that I know how they're going about this, but keep in mind this is a just for fun speculation thread. SE has made some decent AF armor recently and I'm just looking forward to what the future holds.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-21 15:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
I dunno about you, but Scholar has amazing AF and amazing Relic (except relic feet... pretend they didn't happen). I'm sure they'll give BLM at least + MND for a healing magic build :).

Yeah they seemed to have got new management at that point (for the ToAU / WotG packs), but looking back at the older stuff (THF with shield skill, BRD with +STR), I don't have very high hopes lol.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-21 15:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Doh... Hush >_> I've been awake 14 hours now with 5 more to go before I even get a chance to sleep...

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
With the September update being right around the corner along with news of Trial of the Magian job specific armors, it certainly is safe to assume these will be the new artifact/relic sets. And augmentable no less. Just for fun, what sort of augments or stats would you all like to see on your new black spikey armor?
If I call it, then STR or DEX paths for sure(WS/TP), and any that follow for whatever use you may need.
Other than that, I can't say =/ we will only know once we can look into the .dats
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 15:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sublimation gear sucks now btw..with the issuing in of refresh with /rdm which is now the end-all be-all sub for sch pretty much :(. It has the same MAB as /blm now and gives you convert and refresh (next update obviously ushering in new level cap as well), so there is no point to /whm really since Sch already gets all of the -na spells. So I would hate to see another sublimation piece on my AF3 for sch personally (Yes drk thread..but people are stating general comments here as well lol). As far as drk goes...I think they need a refresh piece on their AF3...idk call me crazy but I think that would really help (to those drks that DO actually stun and are worth a damn). Or some fast cast+ for drk for the same purpose..
[+]
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-21 15:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
stuff
PlayOnline said:
To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!
It's right there, "when augmented through trials". In no way do I claim that I know how they're going about this, but keep in mind this is a just for fun speculation thread. SE has made some decent AF armor recently and I'm just looking forward to what the future holds.

True I guess then after reading that, though the thing that bothers me is how you could pick up a blank ToM level 80 weapon and start from scratch, after just finishing a level 75 weapon.

I'm not so sure I want to spend the next 3 months augmenting a whole set, just to get a blank set with better buffs tree in December.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

Yeah they seemed to have got new management at that point (for the ToAU / WotG packs), but looking back at the older stuff (THF with shield skill, BRD with +STR), I don't have very high hopes lol.

You make a good point. I'd like to see them put some relevance to each job. I think ToAU and more specifically WotG got the good end of the deal ,but if you look at those jobs they are more hybrid then their predecessors so I assume they were looking for a way to boost us. Scholar lack of haste and lack of magic attk and naturally lower skill. Dancer lack of DD (assuming you weren't the only thing seeking and they needed a DD), PUP lack of control and potency (i.e. AF gloves allowing them more maneuvers and af feet allowing better cures). With the previous jobs they had more specific roles that they could focus on like WAR DD, SAM DD, THF DD/Hate control, WHM powerful healing and some good support i.e. Haste.

It would be nice to see DRK be able to (this may sound dumb) dd with Drain. Giving them specific boosts and augments to Drain giving them the ability to at a range play with magic users. In Abyssea the amount of variance of mobs gives DRK this new chance to pan out that area. With A+ Dark magic and quite a few bits of macc, I'd like to see them gain skill, potency and haste just for this specific. Although they still need gear to build on their already incredible melee skill. :)
By Randomguy 2010-08-21 15:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sublimation gear sucks now btw..with the issuing in of refresh with /rdm which is now the end-all be-all sub for sch pretty much :(. It has the same MAB as /blm now and gives you convert and refresh (next update obviously ushering in new level cap as well), so there is no point to /whm really since Sch already gets all of the -na spells. So I would hate to see another sublimation piece on my AF3 for sch personally (Yes drk thread..but people are stating general comments here as well lol). As far as drk goes...I think they need a refresh piece on their AF3...idk call me crazy but I think that would really help (to those drks that DO actually stun and are worth a damn). Or some fast cast+ for drk for the same purpose..
1) Having Sublimation on a legs/feet/hands would increase the amount of "Convert HP to MP" to 5 hp/mp per tick. Thats better than any known Refresh given as a spell currently.

2) Wouldn't any "Auto-Refresh" gear automatically cancel the effect of Sublimation?
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-08-21 15:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn didn't mean to cause confusion lol. Personally I want to see like..... Enchances Souleater = By a larger percentage than 12% or Enhances Last Resort = Longer duration. Something along those lines. Fast Cast sounds nice too.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-21 15:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Asura.Meowzma said:

You make a good point. I'd like to see them put some relevance to each job. I think ToAU and more specifically WotG got the good end of the deal ,but if you look at those jobs they are more hybrid then their predecessors so I assume they were looking for a way to boost us.

Obviously I understand things have changed since the Stone Age of FFXI (eg: the introduction of THF/NIN) so I know why Shield skill was there to begin with and, I know they're pretty obsessed with their data sheets on what percentage of X job uses Y as a subjob (think we've all seen those pie charts on Wiki, right?), I'm just hoping they put that into good use.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/derail
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sublimation gear sucks now btw..with the issuing in of refresh with /rdm

Main job SCH with AF and Relic appropriate gives us 4 tick which refresh is 3tick and costs MP to create MP. Sublimation is a superior buff to an extent, but /RDM refresh gives us versatility during weakness or to support other mages who aren't /RDM or sublimating. With more sublimation at maybe 5 a tick, that gives us more MP faster at a 0MP cost. Situational stuff is situational though. I understand your argument, but I still believe Sublimation is superior to an extent. Warranting RDM Refresh 2 isn't 6 a tick (who knows). If that's the case, I might *** myself out to RDMs :).

/Rerail

I don't remember if occult acumen allows Drain to create TP, but even then with an appropriate drain build you'd want to use Dork staff/Pluto's/Macc+4 ToM staff. If they could create a DRK weapon that allows for both Drain related stats and DD stats that don't both suck then we'd see some business with Occult Acumen + Drain :)
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-21 15:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
Damn didn't mean to cause confusion lol. Personally I want to see like..... Enchances Souleater = By a larger percentage than 12% or Enhances Last Resort = Longer duration. Something along those lines. Fast Cast sounds nice too.
Was thinking of something like this being a possiblity. I'd think it would only be restricted to traits or abilities that job gets on it's own though. Considering how current ones are I would lean towards any such augmentations to not be that steller.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:

2) Wouldn't any "Auto-Refresh" gear automatically cancel the effect of Sublimation?

No, it doesn't, Sublimation can only be canceled by the user and the gear refresh stacks with it. If refresh is on it is canceled in favor of sublimation and if sub is running refresh has no effect.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-21 15:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:

I don't remember if occult acumen allows Drain to create TP, but even then with an appropriate drain build you'd want to use Dork staff/Pluto's/Macc+4 ToM staff. If they could create a DRK weapon that allows for both Drain related stats and DD stats that don't both suck then we'd see some business with Occult Acumen + Drain :)

Occult Acumen is the biggest garbage I've ever seen for a job trait.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-08-21 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bismarck.Cordareo said:

It is as I see it now, but think about if it extends to Drain and the ability for DRK to build off that. 5 TP for a 500DMG Drain with the proper build or something. With /SAM and Occult Acumen could maybe get 100 TP every 3 mins with drain spam and meditate.

I'm just hopeful :(

edit: Assuming people just read this post, I'm implying for something similar to bakka or that Rafflesia who spams AOE charm. This would allow DRK to still DD and run in and WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-21 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bismarck.Cordareo said:

It is as I see it now, but think about if it extends to Drain and the ability for DRK to build off that. 5 TP for a 500DMG Drain with the proper build or something. With /SAM and Occult Acumen could maybe get 100 TP every 3 mins with drain spam and meditate.

I'm just hopeful :(

edit: Assuming people just read this post, I'm implying for something similar to bakka or that Rafflesia who spams AOE charm. This would allow DRK to still DD and run in and WS.

Drain does give TP with occult acumen...however, it only gives like 1 TP for Drain, and 2 TP for Drain 2. It is still very disappointing...

My hopeful thinking wants me to believe that there will be at least one more job trait of occult acumen by level 99, which will make it suck less, but who knows-- hopeful thinking, like I said.
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-08-23 00:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

blurplehauberk stats + souleater damage taken - 5% so i can use it like a war uses warriors charge........<.<

and or gear thats makes it so souleater + spinning slash increases souleater to 35% hp a swing for the WS only

i just was use souleater w/o dying
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-08-24 11:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually really think they're gonna let you augment E body, change name when fully upgraded or something and have multiple paths where you can add +2 STR +3 Acc or +2DEX +3 Attack or something but then I dunno if they would be that up for it cus they'd have to do the same for Armadaberk and stuff and they're super lazy