Forum » FFXI » NMs » Vetehinen
Vetehinen
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-19 02:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done Vetehinen with a group of 6 or less people? If so what was your set up and strait?

If not, what's the lowest you've done it with? I'm not exactly sure what to expect since I've never popped the NM but I wanted a general idea of people who are experienced with the NM or have attempted it in a low number. According to wiki it seems to hit pretty hard so I'm a little concerned about doing it in a small group. Let me know.

edit: If it's even possible to low man anyway.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-08-19 07:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We do a couple at the end of our Tahrongi NM runs and we have about 8 or so ppl from doing the other NMs, but should be easy enough to do with 3dd/nin, brd, whm.
It's not that hard, spams two aoe moves, one does damage and gives a powerful burn effect, the other transfers all its debuffs to everyone in range.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-19 20:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
We do a couple at the end of our Tahrongi NM runs and we have about 8 or so ppl from doing the other NMs, but should be easy enough to do with 3dd/nin, brd, whm.
It's not that hard, spams two aoe moves, one does damage and gives a powerful burn effect, the other transfers all its debuffs to everyone in range.

Thanks for the info Altar
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried this NM last night with a setup of 4. Didn't go down too well. It CAN be done but quite difficult with the setup we had. We went in with RDM BRD NIN SAM/THF and wiped twice at roughly 60% both times. Basically came down to bad luck with him hitting the NIN when shadows were down and kicking his *** >.>. The thing hits like a truck and has a massive regen which is really hard to get down with just a tank and 1 DD. What you need to be careful of also is the fact that it does a certain TP move which will give all its debuffs out onto all the players in range as well, so that needs to be taken into account.

On my SAM/THF it was hitting me for around 400-600 normal hits and 700+ crits without any PDT- gear on.

So be wary ^^ I recommended to have BRD do double mambo for a NIN tank, I can't tell you about PLD as I haven't tried it yet with one ^ Good Luck.
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2010-09-15 00:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I also tried this nm with a group of 12, because of Blazing bound you dont want to give it a whole lot of tp. And the other one makes it so you couldnt really debuff him without it screwing with your pt.

I have been working on a strat for just this nm im not sure if you can do it with 6 (least with no deaths) but 8-10 maybe. Try Thf/nin, Pld/nin, Sam/nin or /thf, 2 Rdm/whm, 1-2 Rng/nin, and 1-2 stunners (like blm, drk or rdm/nin) have the thf and pld fight only and have the sam come in on 300 TP or 150 which ever you perfer and then the rangers do ws every 300.

My ls's first attempt we got it down to 30% before we had a total wipe. But good luck i hope it can help some
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-15 00:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info guys :)
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2010-09-15 00:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Np this is one of three nms im currently working on lol. What NMs have you done in abyssea?
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-16 07:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surge said:
Np this is one of three nms im currently working on lol. What NMs have you done in abyssea?

I've been currently working on the new seal ones.
Spider NM(Athamas), Poroggo NM (Heqet) and Bat NM (Asanbosam) is cake, did it with RDM WHM MNK BRD.
Pieste NM is easy, did it with NIN BLU WHM BRD.

I've tried Tuskertrap, we managed to kill it.... However due to an badly timed Sleep the NM did (which it doesnt wake you up when it hits you after it sleeps so if everyone is hit you pretty much wipe) wiped both 'tanks' (did it MNK NIN BRD RDM WHM SCH) which slept the whole group cause the NM shifted positions at the last second getting everyone (it has massive AOE range)... and wiping it died to Bio while in yellow :( it was quite saddening. All in all the NM was very easy though just a bad case of horrid luck.

-- Old zones:
I've done Bakka, Dozing Dorian, Gancanagh, with MNK RDM WHM BRD.
I've done Mikey, Piasa with RNGx2 RDM.
Chukwa with a few BLMs.

Nothing too exciting. :( I'm totally out of stones now though... gotta wait until I restock up. I had 30+ stones before the 85 update and I used them all getting seals. lol :x

EDIT: (reason for all the MNK RDM WHM BRD combos is cause me and my boyfriend always try and dualbox NMs lol seem to have the perfect jobs for a quite a bit of them too)
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-16 07:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pieste NM like the zone boss for lunar abyssite?
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-16 17:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry, forgot to mention the name I thought I did. I was talking about Gukumatz he drops a keyitem Molted Peiste Skin and RDM WHM BLM SCH leg seals. He doesn't drop an abyssite