Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Absolute Virtues
Absolute Virtues
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-01-08 19:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

im not up on AV as much but i read that after its regan is locked it wont regan hp after its in white text again?

if thats the case why do a group of 18 people have have to wait to even fight the beast... how about work on locking 2hr or w/e (call for help) have everyone there go apeshit 50+ people just going at AV like dynamis mobs only thing is it would be more then 36 people... for obvious reasons dont kill while in cfh mode have a group in waiting in the wings at about 2 or 3% of AV life have the people who gained hate on AV under cfh zone out by tele or w/e... ket it turn white and reclaim for kill.
this way seems possible if i havent misread what i "DID" read about AV (havent read alot) only problem i can see with this method is a potential AV steal once back in white phase or giving AV ALOT of tp to work with lol (but then again tp can only cap at 300 and it depends on how quick he would use them, a normal group of 18 will give him TP maybe more then 100 to WS already, it just seems slow because of the time he uses them, so theoretically he'll WS same speed wether or not at 100 or 300, his WS may just be slightly stronger) *shurg sholders* just my 2cent which many mean nothing at this point...
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-08 19:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok... Lots of crazy ideas here.

Watch SEs video.

JP LS has confirmed that locking all 2hrs (last locked by AV obv) will lock meteor and comet (light based).
SE has already proved this, and they didn't say it no. If you notice, AV will use its last 2hr at the end of the fight.

Meaning not all were locked, but bar-that no 2hr was used without it being locked. that means all but 1 need to be locked to prevent meteor and comet.

Double set tank. 2RDM/nin 2 PLD/nin.
NO DD on it. DoT damage by spells TP = death.
Tanks should be only ones hit with spells.
Proper buffs, Shell V 5/5 Barspells capped with proper gear.

Take from it what you want. I have a full theory strategy if anyone wants to try. Excellence or Apathy only groups I think close to being good enough to win, then again I don't know every shell.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Vytiss
Server: Fairy
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-18 17:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

AAAAaaaaaand BUMP!

speculations:
Meteor damage is a formula based on the number of characters on its hate list?
Meteor damage " " " " " " " " Aerns alive in the zone?
Penance proves useful for an easier-to-tank AV?
Characters need only be on the hate list, not in alliance, to use 2hrs to lock AV's?
Is there really not-enough-time to use 2hr once AV's hits the chatlog?

debunk/flame idc.
just tryin' to keep this thread alive.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 17:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vytiss said:
AAAAaaaaaand BUMP!

speculations:
1. Meteor damage is a formula based on the number of characters on its hate list?
2. Meteor damage " " " " " " " " Aerns alive in the zone?
3. Penance proves useful for an easier-to-tank AV?
4. Characters need only be on the hate list, not in alliance, to use 2hrs to lock AV's?
5. Is there really not-enough-time to use 2hr once AV's hits the chatlog?

debunk/flame idc.
just tryin' to keep this thread alive.

1, 2, 3 and 4 I don't know.

5 is certain true.

You need to use your 2hr within a second or 2 of the 'dust cloud' which is 1-2 seconds before it will appear in the chat log. So all you can do is spam and hope.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-02-18 18:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, from the last set of hundreds of posts that i read, the 2hr locking was not considered the "major" problem. That is, by use of the on-event triggers, although they're certainly not intended, they'd at least reliably gotten past the 2hr issues. The current guess was there's probably a better way to lock/prevent 2hrs, but, that hurdle became surmountable after the release of the dev videos.

The final major hurdle was that at ~50%? ~35%? he brings out a set of "red bracelets" that makes him nearly impervious to anything, anyway. There are a variety of ways for plds to survive meteor - but if you can't damage him, all that is irrelevant.
 Asura.Floorboss
Server: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-02-18 19:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone thought of trying to skill chain and magic burst AV at the percentage since hes almost impossible to dmg?
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-18 20:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

- 2hr locking has been determined that you have a short 3s window after AV has used said 2hr to lock it. Thus, locking a 2hr on AV is about 5 times quicker than Stunning Gates of Hades or Fulmination, making it very hard to do.

- KB's spells does not show any of this behavior, so unless SE made the spell unique to AV by changing it up a bit then I don't see how this is right.

- Other Aern's in zone have NOTHING to due with AV. If it did, you would need a team to kill every aern to make AV HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for the fight... That highly unlike - again with the 1 monster specific behavior that is unlike anything else in the game.

If you watch the SE hint video about SE you will see that they use 4 tanks. Each start the fight together each finish the fight, with the exception of the PLD dieing.
You use 4 tanks, 2 PLDs and 2 RDMs as I stated above, why?
Its simple:
RDM masters Hate of time losing very little in the process
PLD masters spike hate regaining it fast if there is a hate spike from a blm.
Keeping both types of hate CAPPED at all times will allow AV to filter through all 4 tanks giving them each enough time to keep shadows and HP up withing out stressing themselves. With 4 continuous targets AV will never focus on 1 tank long enough to kill them, unless something goes wrong.

AV is not a zerg fight by any means. The time limit indeed is a annoying factor on attempting to kill AV.

To reduce the TP givin to AV at all times you should:
- Have PLDs tank in Staff with low skill to avoid hitting AV
- Have RDMs tank also in Staff (same as above)
*This being said Damage doesn't start right away (NAs may have a hard time grasping this concept -_-)
- Use BLM for DoT damage from same day nukes
- Additional DDs should be standing by to lock 2 hours.

Having 14/15 2hours locked by players will force AV to uses its last 2 hour when it feels it necessary. This is force lock itself due to monster behaviour.

If you sit and watch each SE hint video (each language) you will see the difference between whatever you are trying and how SE ment for it to be done.
[+]
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 00:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:

- KB's spells does not show any of this behavior, so unless SE made the spell unique to AV by changing it up a bit then I don't see how this is right.

- Other Aern's in zone have NOTHING to due with AV. If it did, you would need a team to kill every aern to make AV HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for the fight... That highly unlike - again with the 1 monster specific behavior that is unlike anything else in the game.

like when SE nerfed the use of Souleater on Dark Lord, Bahamut v.2, King Vinegarroon, and countless other NM/MBs?
owait, they didn't... AV is particularly unique, and therefore, most likely also will be the answer to killing it...
20bux says the answer was shot down a long time ago for sounding ridiculous.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-19 00:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Legion Legion!!!
 Kujata.Bladerah
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Bladerah 2010-02-19 00:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well if patience is a virtue then u must need alot of patience to beat him....
[+]
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 00:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

confirmed that red-bracelets mode is resistant to ALL damage types? or you think it'd be something crazy like an extension of the Souleater rule... becomes HIGHLY resistant to damage inflicted by type.
i.e. Chi Blast firing squad in red-bracelet mode, GO!
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-19 04:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As with all Aern's When bracelets are on they gain bonuses to Attack power and speed. AV however also gains bonuses to MAB and MDB.

Yes i am aware that AV has been buffed to certain types/modes of damage. Because SE actually wants someone to put some form of strat into a fight vs. the normal 'Lets KC burn it cuz we can't kill it otherwise' plan....
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-02-19 05:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i wanna beat AV one day
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-03-01 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

soooooo, u think 99PLD and 99RDM will be able to survive meteor spammage?
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-01 09:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To me when SE said that "your timing is all wrong" when they showed the videos of beating AV, I clearly see that these characters they had were not lvl 75 but much higher. AV drops will now be available more and still be wonderful to have but wont be game breaking and will be useful 75-99.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-01 09:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vytiss said:
soooooo, u think 99PLD and 99RDM will be able to survive meteor spammage?
Nope
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-01 11:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time will tell . the First Cap increase is about 3 months away . You can bet the Cap will raise to 80+ since 99 is comin over 3 updates . As for AV drops being considered Mid Lv , and this goes for all gear @ 99 , all i have to Say is Carby Mitts , Ele Staves , KC .
[+]