Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Advice on add-on armour for BST
Advice on add-on armour for BST
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-08-16 04:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately I've been thinking about taking BST to 75+ and I'm wondering if I should use my three add-on armour pieces for the job, since the pet bonuses you can get through the augments look pretty useful and somewhat unique to me.

I've done a little research but I feel like I'm still a long ways off understanding how the job plays at higher levels (I'm only BST36 at the moment). So I was wondering if any experienced BSTs could recommend which augments for the add-on armour pieces are the most useful?

I was thinking...
Mirke Wardecors - Pet: Acc and Racc +15, Pet: Att and Ratt+15
Anwig Salade - Acc +3 and Pet: Haste +5%, Att +3 and Pet: Damage taken -10%
Desultor Tassets - Pet: Store TP and Subtle Blow +8, Movement Speed +8%

It's the legs I'm the least sure about really. I thought running faster would be handy if things go wrong and I need to put some distance between myself and the target, and that Subtle Blow would be a nice addition while Store TP would make Sic/Ready that little bit more effective.

If there are any glaring flaws in my thinking, any constructive criticism (or general advice about BST) you can offer would be very welcome.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-16 05:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 look like Solid Options.

I personally use the same Mirke Wardecores, and Anwig Salade, though the Salade is relegated to situations where I am not actively battling with my pet. In the later case, I opt for the Spurrer Beret.

Desulator Tassets I have a hard time recommending like that, I doubt it gets better for BST if you don't have Skadi's feet, they're a situational piece, but if that's the best you can do, that's the best you can do.

If you want to see some set-ups end-game, I have a few bst sets on my profile section.