Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG gear suggestions
DRG gear suggestions
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-13 07:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I reposted cause the other thread turned into some crazy noob fest lol. So the people I expected to give suggestions prolly just gave up on the thread for said 'crazy noob fest'.

TP Set:

-------------------------

WS Set:

WS set there is my Dex build for Drakes. Flame Ring and PCC instead if not using Dex Build.

I know one obvious improvment is a Thew Bomblet.
I don't think I'll ever get a Love Torque so don't suggest that lol.
Working on Stingray with STP+8.
Are Kubira Beads worth it for the DEX Build? Are they worth it over the PCC in a non-Dex Build?
With Stingray (STP+8) do I still need more STP (R.Strap) for 6hit when /sam?
Assault Earring instead of Aesir Earring? I know 3Acc>2atk, but the Conserve TP is nice especially with the new Conserve TP trait.
Zahak's mail worth it for my WS set?
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-13 07:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh in my experience Zahak>perle for drakes for sure without a doubt.

kubira>pcc (obviously depending on your accuracy without pcc)
if your going for a 6 hit then rose.. however the polegrip give a nice extra DA chance and that is sweet enough i presonally prefer pole over rose.

not sure on your gil situation but Tumbler trunks are also nice.

heca feet are also one extra str if u can get hold of them ..

earrings.. brutal and fowling are nice or minuet.

(rest is pretty fine to be honest.. im only going for the set i want and been seen to work nicely)

[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-13 07:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing is get a 6hit.

That means Rose, Goading or finishing your Stingray.

The rest is pretty small in comparison:
* Gorget ideally but PCC/Beads are situational
* Foragers situationally
* Blitz situationally
* 7 acc ring situationally
* Thew Bomblet
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-08-13 07:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If Love Torque is out of your reach you could try going for a sea gorget, most organs are pretty straightforward to farm especially now at 80. Hecatomb feet would also be an improvement over Perle Solerets. If you have it available and accuracy is capped, Ares Flanchards make a nice WS piece.

As for the store tp question, you need 11 stp to get a 6 hit, so your Stingray, Rajas and Brutal Earring cover that.

DEX builds are tricky now, as no one really knows the AGI of the new abyssea mobs, so you might be better off going for more of a STR build.

And yes, Zahak's probably would be worth it if you have the gil, it's a very nice Drakesbane piece.

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-08-13 08:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not sure how tricky it would be to cap dex on abyssean mobs, as we do have an option of +10-20 on str and dex. The way i see it, capping both crit and fstr at the same time will be much easier.

According to my parse from 75-80, my crit rate while tping was very bad with +10 dex, sitting at 8-9%. Still, this was the usual tp crit rate i had at colibris, which could mean my crit rate was very close to cap on ws. And i actually felt this. Drakesbane damage flew all around 250-1400. 500-1000 were pretty much the norm, and crazy spikes over that rarer. If my crit rate wasn't close to cap, ws damage would probably have sat consistently at 500ish.

This was on frogs. Different mobs, different ws response. But i believe the only mobs we could have a hard time capping crit are the usual thf, nin and rng. Or if the mob "race" has A rank agi like mamool.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-08-13 08:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
i'm not sure how tricky it would be to cap dex on abyssean mobs, but here's a bunch of crazy eyeballed guesses about it.
no.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-13 08:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Zahaks alright for Penta Thrust? Or would I pretty much be getting for Drakesbane only.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-08-13 08:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Is Zahaks alright for Penta Thrust? Or would I pretty much be getting for Drakesbane only.
Yes, Zahak's is also very good for penta.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-13 09:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i tend to use very similar set ups for penta and drakes (because i dont have much better! lol)

and yeh i noticed a difference; not as massive a difference as i did for drakesbane whilst using z.mail over perle but enough to say "im using zahaks".

[edit]. has anyone tested the difference between the eva rates on the pink birds in sky and the "good exp" birds in Abyssea - La Theine and tried to calculate agi's etc?

seems a long shot i know but nearest comparison i can think of for drg's and abys
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-08-13 09:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Remora.Laphine said:
i'm not sure how tricky it would be to cap dex on abyssean mobs, but here's a bunch of crazy eyeballed guesses about it.
no.

Yes, uhum, completely eyeballed. There i was. Trying to add something significant to the question, and then someone pops with such a ridiculous reply.