Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » future of drk
future of drk
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys thought to yourselves about where SE wants to go with drk? I have heard rumors from drk getting access to an AM style dark magic to getting an absorb haste making the mob incredibly slow and the drk very fast. I've seen the tier 3 as an elvaan i can pump out around 350 water 3 so its not omg damage but i can help on faust now and do stones in dynamis so i'm not as down on them as most of you. Drk already is the highest single hit attacker in the game and our dmg suffers the least vs high def mobs do to our atk being so high..

But this thread is not about what we have now it's about what we might have later on. Now i'm going to give my thoughts on it but i am more interested in yours.

I think at 99 we can see 3 new JAs

Dark intentions : sacrifices all other magic skills and adds a 20 % matk and macc bonus to dark magic spells.

Mana Rage: Converts mp to tp

Vampiric Strength while active converts 1 hp and 5 mp to 1 atk every second until used functions like sublimation. once charged can be used to buff up your next attack greatly and the dmg tick can be blocked by stoneskin.

Next i think they might consider adding the following spells.

Its a given we get all tier 3 elemental spells so im going to skip that.

Demi: This spell will take a maximum of 20 % of a targets remaining hp subject to heavy resists and costs around 500 mp meanning for most it will take a bit of gearing to even cast. functions as the AM spell for drk. Generates incredibly high emnity with an incredibly high casting time.

Endark :self explained good for OAT weapons.

Mana spikes Dread spikes but coverts dmg to mp instead. good spell for mana dependant situations... can be used with scholar AOE so think slap it on a pld and let him roll.

Dark energy. This spell shoots a bolt of drk energy at the target warping there mind to ragefilled frenzy blocking all ranged and magic thoughts forcing your enemy to melee only for a short duration but increases there attack.
Bio 3. no need to explain.

What do you think?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 08:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you dream big.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-07 08:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't see anything other than Mana Spikes being a possible addition to DRK.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-08-07 08:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

does mab even affect any dark magic spells? Also I cant see drk getting something like Demi instead of blm.
Really all i hope we get is a better ws than guillotine, i am so so sick of guillotine -.-
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
does mab even affect any dark magic spells? Also I cant see drk getting something like Demi instead of blm.
Really all i hope we get is a better ws than guillotine, i am so so sick of guillotine -.-

blm is not the king of drk magic we are as Dark Knights
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

darkchildv86 said:

blm is not the king of drk magic we are as Dark Knights
You wish.
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I really can't see anything other than Mana Spikes being a possible addition to DRK.

i think everything accept demi is still fair. as most everything has a steep trade off. I think demi will finally give drk a use for dark seal and will only be remotely usefull with it.
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

darkchildv86 said:

i think everything accept demi is still fair. as most everything has a steep trade off. I think demi will finally give drk a use for dark seal and will only be remotely usefull with it.
What, 500+ Drain II doesn't give you a good enough excuse to use dark seal?

<~ not a loldrk
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-07 08:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB doesn't even affect stuff like Drain and Aspir so that's not something we need on a JA. We have a Potency JA and a MACC JA already as well.
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

as a drk if you cant get drain 2 to hit without dark seal you are epic fail
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB doesn't even affect stuff like Drain and Aspir so that's not something we need on a JA. We have a Potency JA and a MACC JA already as well.

Nether blast works off of the formula i'm using with DI
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-07 08:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try Draining worms in Abyssea La Theine, they're quite resistant.
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

my bad then.

Although I doubt that they would give something like demi to DRK though...
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
my bad then.

what job should get the best magic in its class blm is the elemental king rdm enfeeble kind drk dark magic king
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Try Draining worms in Abyssea La Theine, they're quite resistant.
... my blm never ever sees a resistant drain on grinders and my drk has better gear. i camped MM a month to get my scythe so...yea i'd know
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

darkchildv86 said:
Randomguy said:
my bad then.

what job should get the best magic in its class blm is the elemental king rdm enfeeble kind drk dark magic king
Do you think that DRKs really have the power or the MP to spam dark magic all the time?

Every time you cast Absorb-whatever, you take away your swinging time.

Even Aspir doesn't work for everything, so if you really try to absorb any/everything, you would be out of mp really quickly....

DRKs are the kings of wiffing and cutting themselves. Thats all they are good for....
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
darkchildv86 said:
Randomguy said:
my bad then.

Do you think that DRKs really have the power or the MP to spam dark magic all the time?

Even Aspir doesn't work for everything, so if you really try to absorb any/everything, you would be out of mp really quickly....

DRKs are the kings of wiffing and cutting themselves. Thats all they are good for....

yea... you keep thinking that i'll stop swinging at mobs in dynamis bet they roast you on your blm (assuming you have one and thats who you assume should get Demi)
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

darkchildv86 said:
Randomguy said:
darkchildv86 said:
Randomguy said:
my bad then.

yea... you keep thinking that i'll stop swinging at mobs in dynamis bet they roast you on your blm (assuming you have one and thats who you assume should get Demi)
Well, depends on your dynamis shell....

see, BLMs could one-shot stones and keep mobs slept, thats basically what a BLM does in dynamis, stones and sleeps.

Now on occasion, when there is a bad pull and we need some mobs down quickly (or at least out of the way), some BLMs can solo mobs by the sleep/nuke method. But you need really good BLMs to do that.

I doubt a DRK can solo a mob....well, maybe KC zerg, but that only works once every 2 hours.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-08-07 08:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you obsessed with Demi? Technically, Demi is already in the game (Gravity). If they did add a separate Demi spell, i see that it would most likely be elemental. If your suggestions, the only possible one that I see are Endark.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-07 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK/SAM can solo a Dynamis mob :/
[+]
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

a good DRK/SAM can solo a Dynamis mob :/
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-08-07 08:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both blm and drk and I dont care if any of them get it, it would be useless anyway. It obviously would not work on nm's, or would be nerfed to the point where its useless on them.
I think at 99 I would rather have something useful that would help overall dot or survivability.
Edit: was talking about demi thar
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
a good DRK/SAM can solo a Dynamis mob :/

man dread spikes sekkanoki and bam a drk/sam will roll anything but a mnk type
By Randomguy 2010-08-07 08:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM/RDMs would have convert, T5s, and Meteor.

DRK/whatevers would have Drain II, Aspir II, better WSs, and probably more attack bonus.

Both are good at what they are, so why change them into something they aren't good at? Demi would "break" the balance if it is given to either job. So it won't be given at all, or at least not in the sense of previous FF games.
By darkchildv86 2010-08-07 08:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both blm and drk and I dont care if any of them get it, it would be useless anyway. It obviously would not work on nm's, or would be nerfed to the point where its useless on them.
I think at 99 I would rather have something useful that would help overall dot or survivability.
Edit: was talking about demi thar

i think you might be thinking to... now. a beastly blm can pump 20% of a non god easily with a nice AM2 and a freeze or burst 2 on a god when MBd is quite powerful so 20 % isnt as omg op as you think
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-07 12:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

refer to page 2+ on the actual Future of DRK thread
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/8486/future-of-drk/2/
better ideas in there