Post Your Impossible/crappy Trials Here!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Post your impossible/crappy trials here!
Post your impossible/crappy trials here!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 01:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ones involving birth coins.
WoE is so easy. I got 30 birth coins in less then 2 days. Same for decay, 3 times, and advance and glory once. About a week of WoE total and i can make 5 weapons. suck less?
Sounds like you got kinda lucky. Plus my lot bot is broken.

WoE is the easiest ***ever lol. Normal non-boss runs usually drop 3-6 coins themselves. Then add the chance for bags in a boss run, id rather do 3 more WoE trials for my masamune then the 50 gems/lanterns.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-26 01:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE is easy.
44+ coins of decay in 3 hours from flux 7, what?

75 colorless souls is pretty crappy compared to piss easy mune's and kanagis.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 01:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
WoE is easy. 44+ coins of decay in 3 hours from flux 7, what? 75 colorless souls is pretty crappy compared to piss easy mune's and kanagis.
Don't have flux 7 unlocked. Only 1, 2, 3, and 5 here
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE is so easy. I got 30 birth coins in less then 2 days. Same for decay, 3 times, and advance and glory once. About a week of WoE total and i can make 5 weapons. suck less?

Yes because getting every coin except birth in your coffers means you suck.

suck less?

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
WoE is the easiest ***ever lol. Normal non-boss runs usually drop 3-6 coins themselves. Then add the chance for bags in a boss run, id rather do 3 more WoE trials for my masamune then the 50 gems/lanterns.
Generally got more like 2-3 per run IF we killed everything but the bosses and had TH. Then about 1/5 chance of it being the one you want and for me about 95% chance of being outlotted... if I was solo/duoing was more like 0-2 per run

And the few times there were enough people to do bosses half the time I dc'd during it so didn't get a chance for top 5 chest. And when I do I get mostly other ones. Heck the only reason I made WoE swd is because in the time it took me to just get the last 15 or so birth I got all the ones I needed for swd in just my chest
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Generally got more like 2-3 per run IF we killed everything but the bosses and had TH. Then about 1/5 chance of it being the one you want and for me about 95% chance of being outlotted... if I was solo/duoing was more like 0-2 per run

And the few times there were enough people to do bosses half the time I dc'd during it so didn't get a chance for top 5 chest. And when I do I get mostly other ones. Heck the only reason I made WoE swd is because in the time it took me to just get the last 15 or so birth I got all the ones I needed for swd in just my chest

Im not sure whats goin on on other servers, but the only ones i wanted were birth and decay, and i ended up with 30 of all of them.

I got first every boss run. on account of dnc is cheating. And on non-boss runs every time(at least 25+ non-boss) we would get at least 3 coins, and got 9 once. Not always mine, but generally 1 or 2 were. I actually had more luck on non-boss runs. Most of the boss runs i did ended up with no pouches at all in coffer or pool.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually gone 5 runs in a row where I just litterally got outlotted on everything. Which is part of the reason I started either only soloing or going with groups that could actually beat the boss. If I didn't Dc I'd always place first on pretty much any job I brought lol.

And yeah I don't think I've ever seen more than 4 coins drop in a run. Actually I don't think I've ever seen 4 drop in a run outside of boss runs and thats with killing everything else sometimes. I've gone thru and solo'd 8 mobs before time ran out before and got nothing. But like I said only 1-3 and 5 are unlocked...
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i hate lotting with others, so i would always solo unless they were after different coins.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What flux are you doing that has such a high droprate?

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And usually flux 3, but if someone is there lotting my coins ill do 1. Wins on 2 and 5. The only bad drop rates i saw was in 5 on the little ones. But the final coffer gave 2 decay and 2 advance pouches.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-26 02:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

75 Colorless souls. FU SE. FU.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you soloing 3-6 coins on flux 3? My average droprate was about 15-25% per mob. Flux 1 was even worse. Only redeeming factor was if I had to I could take on 4 at once lol. But soloing I on average killed 6-7 mobs and on average got .5 coins a run. Usually for staff :(

When i did 5 with ls we always only got 1-3 coins. Not like i ever got to lot them
 Siren.Liquidsilk
Server: Siren
By Siren.Liquidsilk 2011-02-26 02:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No. 2094 since everyone and their mom is doing Kannagi >.>
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
How are you soloing 3-6 coins on flux 3? My average droprate was about 15-25% per mob. Flux 1 was even worse. When i did 5 with ls we always only got 1-3 coins. Not like i ever got to lot them

Well towards the end i stopped soloing cuz i was lazy. Id always wait for other people. But soloing i can kill like 10 of them in #3 before i time out on dnc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
How are you soloing 3-6 coins on flux 3? My average droprate was about 15-25% per mob. Flux 1 was even worse. When i did 5 with ls we always only got 1-3 coins. Not like i ever got to lot them
Well towards the end i stopped soloing cuz i was lazy. Id always wait for other people. But soloing i can kill like 10 of them in #3 before i time out on dnc.
I think you just got really lucky or I'm just really really unlucky.

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think you just got really lucky or I'm just really really unlucky.

Lol idk... I ended up with 90 decay, 45 birth, 37 advance, 30 glory, and i dropped all the ruin so idk about that. In about a week of WoE

Im not sure about your server, but my server is like the least active one in the game during NA time. If you have the means to do something, its gonna be pretty easy competition wise. There was really only ever 2-3 ppl at WoE at any given time, so not much lotting trouble. Im gonna be doing my VNMs for Masamune tomorrow, then hopping straight to Carabosse. Playing 5-6 hours a day, im gonna be aiming for masamune by tuesday(80, not 85).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I did 3 a few times with a thf and even with TH and duoing like that we'd be lucky to get 2-3 coins a run.

Also pretty much 1 person at any given time was trouble...

So in about a week or 2 of doing 3-5 runs a day I got around 30 birth 10 glory and 16 decay...

On the otherhand we were getting 5-12 carabosse gems and briarerus helms a day trioing for 3-4 hours
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Im gonna be doing my carabosse duo. Any tips for me? My jobs are in my profile, and my buds are MNK and SMN. Kinda separated on how to get KI's for it atm, so any advice would be great. Im thinking i go war for red on little ones, then smn x2 for kill.

As far as TH in WoE, i went as thf a few times too and never really noticed a difference. Im not gonna say for 100% sure TH doesnt help...but it was the same for me lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Buds? That makes it sound like trioing not duoing...

Tips... by pops droprate is kinda random but never good and just a waste of time and well they are cheap. War can tank pretty easy probably. Make sure to stun the flies agas. It's not that they hurt so much as it just spams it's tp move like 6 times after that and you can't proc the whole time.... the fairy... um make sure you don't kill it before proccing it's kinda weak.

Cara herself I'd definitely reccomend thf. If you got enough hp maybe even /war since she doesn't melee much and misses most the time anyways. However a tornado can just one shot me as a taru lol. Th matters alot on 2nd gem. Pretty tame unless in war mode really. Just very very annoying and slow. If you can find out red proc with a little luck and timing you can try to terror lock it till you kill before it benedictions. Hard to do since each time you do it it last less time and it can bene at any hp... but well you do almost twice as much dmg before as after and it's moves are less annoying before etc etc... plus recovering 30k hp is just mean. Um use the monarchs drinks it gives you. With abyssea of cosmos it will drop another 90% of the time you kill it. Also stealing its buffs is fun. If you get lucky you can steal 10 regain which last a good 2-3 min usually.

Only should really need healing on the agas and that one tp move in war mode. And then a way to remove petri and wake people up since it will sleep you often.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only one bud, he has mnk and smn. So you suggest THF and SMN?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only one bud, he has mnk and smn. So you suggest THF and SMN?
Sure just make sure he has /whm lvld for haste and stona lol
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol he actually leveld /whm just for our duo ***. Duoing fuath and stuff. I dont have atma of dread, So RR/VV/C&D?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 02:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't use dread anyways. I only use it when brewing stuff or rdm/thf soloing in which the small loss of time from not using another 30mab atma doesn't outweight the extra time of another pop... though in all reality probably be better off using another 30 MAB... but meh I really hate seeing only 1 lantern and TH2 is only so good. But thf you pretty much gunna get at least 5 or 6 even with only TK that you switch out after first hit

Also wouldn't use VV on thf um pretty much ever. Pretty much on thf you should be doing RR and GH no matter what and then the 3rd depending on weather you want more offense or defense. There is very little I've found and nothing in the first 2 expansions so far that is so accuracte that you need an evasion atma over GH or more gear than a single dagger. Actually I rarely bust out even 1 evasion dagger. And this includes soloing ie no haste no slow no cures so I really can't take any melee hits etc.

In this case as long as you have over 2.2kish hp I'd say offense and go with apoc if not go with SS. I say that much cause tornado can hit for that much and well sometime it likes to do that stun move right into tornado... though I suppose if your smn is watching closely he could stun tornado...

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-26 02:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont thf much, but im pretty sure i have somewhere around 2.5k hp or so. Also, i dont thf much outside of TH. So i dont have EVA daggers and stuff. I have eva gear from dancer though.

AND.

I like VV. >.>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 03:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said I rarely even use even 1 of my daggers and I use 0 in gear other than my daggers. And that's on harder stuff cara itself has horrible acc. The nin I was with was capping evasion in tp gear on it lol. And also the whole it doesn't even melee that much. Like to put it perspective most non body seal mobs I can get by with no daggers at most 1. If I really still needed more I'd put on Dark depths over C&D anyways unless you needed the resist death or acc. Slightly less evasion but another 20% crit rate

GH is quiet possibly as useful sometimes more so than RR for a thf nin dnc mnk, or lol blu tank.

On the other hand VV loses alot of utility to the first 3 to an extent to non victory smite mnks and also to CDC blus.

Basically all those jobs are capping fstr with jsut cruor buffs naked. And with the exception of Victory smite no good ws with strong str mods. So str becomes a +25 att.

Double attack/regain ok but most those jobs can already pack decent amounts of double attack and/or triple attack making that less... and well 15% triple attack is kinda awesome. I'd probably put stout arm higher except in situations where you have to wait some and regain becomes more useful... which is the only reason I still set it in cruor pts on blu. That and my spells that I occasionally cast get some use out of it
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7