Post Your Impossible/crappy Trials Here!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Post your impossible/crappy trials here!
Post your impossible/crappy trials here!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2010-09-19 19:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff Trial 2195 kill 250 Wyverns with 250+ ice dmg killshot
[+]
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2010-10-07 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For those on Piestes, two things to remember if you don't already know;

You can avoid their para move by turning around in time (helps to stay unlocked when fighting).

If they're blind, they won't use their petra gaze (if it's in use already, blinding them will cancel it, although that's hard if you're solo and relying on bolts to blind em). Blind bolts ftw!

Hated piestes so bad. Really it's more like "400 Piestes + 230 quadavs that have a large hearing aggro radius". I thought I was going to hate Puks but there's always been people hunting them (especially on windsday).

Thunder/Golems sucks... I was able to get an alliance in sky on one thundersday, but most days I check there's not a group going. Ro'Maeve gets thunder weather (especially during months 4-6 or so), but there's only one EP golem accessible unless it's a full moon (in which case, the number jumps to 3). I tried the DC ones behind moongate, but they're annoying to solo.

I've been working on 4 daggers, and just switching depending on the day or if I get burned out on one... finished my Fusetto +1 (ws%) and STR, need Golems+Beasts/Thunder for DEX and Buffalo/Arcana for OAT.

I think I'll finish Buffalo asap, and try to get my fiance's rdm in the central path for Ro'Maeve during the next full moon (if I'm online). Then I can work on the 700 Arcana for OAT, and pull the 3 central golems when thunder weather pops. I'm @150 on golems, so in the time it takes for the 700 arcana it should put a pretty decent dent in the trial (unless I see another sky alliance going golem stomping on lightningsday).
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-10-07 11:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

2000 Metatron Torment killshots on Dragons -_-
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-10-07 11:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Septroth said:
Staff Trial 2195 kill 250 Wyverns with 250+ ice dmg killshot

That was quite bad yea lol, 2 others for staffs I would say are

Kubera staff+1 250 earth dmg killshot 250 magic pots.

Would be totally ridiculous to have to solo this with the only 2 jobs I can do it on blm or rdm. Luckily 3 friends, 2 smn Mozhat and Sureaboutthis and blu Anthonidur basically did it all for me >< I just buffed them and silenced the pots.

Problem with this trial is all nukes on pots are always 50% resist so 420ish max dmg stone4 as rdm and Blm 650ish stone5 I only went once as blm nuked once and warped. Also problem if you team up as blm or rdm with a melee is it will feed it tp and it may do spectral barrier which is 100% magic resist on anything cast for about 15ish seconds.

All of Titan's BPs worked for killshot, megalith throw and geocrush as they are magical I believe still did only 50% potential dmg but at least they worked through spectral barrier still. As for mountain buster that was best smns were doing upto 3.3k dmg and was alot easier to make sure it was the killshot. Blu raped them too, naturally Quad doing upto 3.5k dmg as is well known.

Oh and Soma staff+1 trial 250 manticore 250 water dmg killshot took a while too, luckily its still far easier solo on my jobs than magic pots but still worse than wyverns hp wise they have about 8.5k, and move fast under gravity like wyverns do.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-07 11:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

50 Fistule Discharge. Considering you have to lottery pop the flan NM first before you can even target Fistule, and then wait for both NMs to repop.......***.

I also have 800 WS's on Raptors. ***, they hit hard. But I've been able to restock on tabs on Cape terrigan so i guess it evens it out.

450 pet kills on bombs for 2 axes in ifrit's cauldron. The worst part wasn't the self destruct, it was being over camped. It would have been 600 kills, but my next trial after bombs was arcana, so I was able to do 2 axes at once. I'm comin across this again with my 150 diremite kills and 150 vermin kills now. Works for me.

The amount of damn merits I've got doing these trials was amazing.
 Cerberus.Raddmage
Server: Cerberus
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2010-10-07 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i couldnt imagine getting all the WSs for the claustrum trial, especially the killshots
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-07 12:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
2000 Metatron Torment killshots on Dragons -_-

Puks are dragons(Superfamily).

The Trials for the Magian Earth Affinity Damage staff are the worst "Realistic" Trials I've seen. Obviously ***like Empyrean upgrades are just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, especially for the first tier, that don't give you anything worthwhile.

25"Bees" for the start of the Darkness-Aligned Axe Trials (Weather) Are terrible too, there's you need a Lvl' Sync to do it.

Phoenix.Zeotah
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-10-13 11:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Urd x6 followed by Lamprey Lord x6 then Chesma x8. Been stuck on the VNMs for like 4 months now.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-10-13 11:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

doing indra+1 staff (thunder dmg path). did 200 slimes with killshot performed by a thunder spell of 150+ dmg... was a total pain, slimes are not a usual target for trials so i NEVER got help, and since i have to get killshot, i couldn't team up with other blms. camps always taken and slimes themselves are squishy ***. Weather trick doesn't work for this type of trial, so even if i got thunder weather in caedarva mire, it gave me always 1 credit.

Now for the last trial i have 250 TREANTS (always thunder killshot but 250+ dmg) but since the staff now has more mab than jupiter (but less macc, like a thunder staff) is somehow easier...
 Sylph.Vestal
Server: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-10-13 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1500 blade metsu killing blows was miserable to arcana simply because the entire zone was teamed up except
Me, so i would get claim once every ten minutes..... Then miss metsu and QQ!
 Leviathan.Shadowflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Shadowflame 2010-10-13 12:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kogenta I did this trial solo in ayddewa subterrane under the same impressions you are and it took damn forever ; ;. Not only can you team up with anyone on kill shots, as long as you all need same elemental killshot, but you can also go to the den of rancore and destroy the EP Mouse there. definitely more than 30 Mouse(slimes) dowm there.
 Caitsith.Enygma
Server: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-10-13 12:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau...
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2010-10-13 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
and since i have to get killshot, i couldn't team up with other blms

This is not true. You can team up with any number of other BLM, RDM, SMN, etc. The only condition that must be met is that the mob has to die by thunder based damage that meets or exceeds 250 damage. It doesn't matter which person (or avatar) is doing the damage.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-10-13 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:

This is not true. You can team up with any number of other BLM, RDM, SMN, etc. The only condition that must be met is that the mob has to die by thunder based damage that meets or exceeds 250 damage. It doesn't matter which person (or avatar) is doing the damage.

O_O *melts on the floor blurbing...*

this is not clearly explained by the moogle when u take the trial... T_T and now that i read better on wiki, there is a note about it.
I guess many of the blm busy with this kind of trial are thinking the same as me, cuz when they saw me at Aydeewa soloing, they warped saying "ill go to another camp, gl ^^"
ill try to tell all my friends about it D:
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-13 13:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
doing indra+1 staff (thunder dmg path). did 200 slimes with killshot performed by a thunder spell of 150+ dmg... was a total pain, slimes are not a usual target for trials so i NEVER got help, and since i have to get killshot, i couldn't team up with other blms. camps always taken and slimes themselves are squishy ***. Weather trick doesn't work for this type of trial, so even if i got thunder weather in caedarva mire, it gave me always 1 credit. Now for the last trial i have 250 TREANTS (always thunder killshot but 250+ dmg) but since the staff now has more mab than jupiter (but less macc, like a thunder staff) is somehow easier...

I am in the process of doing this trial and I have teamed up with other BLM, RDM, and SMN. If Ramuh did his move and got the kill (sorry I dont know what the little move is) then I also got credit. And if the RDM did Thunder III, I also got the credit.

I have teamed up with whoever wanted to help, as long as they pull back and let me get a Thunder shot in at the end. Or I try to nuke to kill once health gets lowish.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-10-13 13:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Cerberus.Kaht said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:

this is not clearly explained by the moogle when u take the trial... T_T and now that i read better on wiki, there is a note about it.
I guess many of the blm busy with this kind of trial are thinking the same as me, cuz when they saw me at Aydeewa soloing, they warped saying "ill go to another camp, gl ^^"

Well, it was changed only on the last update. Before then, you had to get the killshot yourself, now it doesn't matter as long as the killshot fulfills the trial requirement.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-10-13 13:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Cerberus.Kaht said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:

Well, it was changed only on the last update. Before then, you had to get the killshot yourself, now it doesn't matter as long as the killshot fulfills the trial requirement.

Oooooh now i understand :o thanks a lot guys :D this gonna help me for the staff dark macc and the blizzy staff dmg <_<...

Cerberus.Nutt
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-13 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Uggggh for Dark Staff, it's going to be a miracle....
 Cerberus.Nequito
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2010-10-13 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikoku-
Trial 1033: 1500 Blade: Metsu against Birds
Trial 1034: 1500 Blade: Metsu killing blows against Arcana
Trial 1846: 1500 Blade: Metsu killing blows against Amorphs
Trial 1847: 2000 Blade: Metsu killing blows against Aquans
Trial 2263: 2000 Blade: Metsu killing blows against Undead

Currently on last 800 of undead, needless to say i am way behind on AF3 :(
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-10-13 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on some Staves for my SMN.

I'm not too happy about killing 1,050 mobs, with my avatar getting the killing blow on all of those :X (just for 1 staff)

1 Staff done.. 3 to go..

EDIT: I wish I'd run to someone actually doing these trials. Its not something that can be easily done w/ a large group.. unless they are summoners.. either that or sit there solo for 8 hours + at a time per trial.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-10-13 17:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:

Yeah i still have to figure out how to do consistently 250+ dmg on a drain to killshot mobs...

Any suggestions is welcome for this trial <_<
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 17:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Yeah i still have to figure out how to do consistently 250+ dmg on a drain to killshot mobs...

Any suggestions is welcome for this trial <_<
Do the macc version instead? I still haven't seen anything on if the potency or macc on would result in overall higher drain/aspirs lol.

Actually 250+ drains aren't really that hard to do on weaker mobs even fairly consistently. Especially since the staff is already at +25% dark dmg at that point I think. The annoying part I'd think is getting it down low enough for that to finish it without killing it and ya know drain recast.

Noctohelix if you got sch. Vidohunir if you have blm. Random smn moves if you have smn. Maybe that new ws cataclysm not sure who can use it. Or get help from something listed or someone else that can do darkness dmg well like blu.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-13 17:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

600 arcana. Wouldn't be so bad, except I'm Blue Mage. And no, I don't have /DNC
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 18:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
2-3 swd? Can actually burn thru them solo in ro'maeve pretty fast. But back when I did it there were so many people we just allainced up and did ones in moon section. Especially on certain days when other trial people were there. Like lightning I think
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-10-14 09:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

2 words...

Tottering Toby. I personally HATE that guy. It's not really difficult, he's just hard to pop because of the unsureness of the PH.

**Edit: Drooling Daisy takes FOREVER to pop. I've literally been here for 8+hours and nothing. I have so many dodge headbands it's not even funny.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2010-10-18 11:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kresaera said:
2 words...

Tottering Toby. I personally HATE that guy. It's not really difficult, he's just hard to pop because of the unsureness of the PH.

If you read Toby's discussion page on the wiki, it's very specific about which mob is his placeholder. I just did this trial this weekend, only killing the sapling listed on the discussion page, and I was able to pop him each time.
 Bahamut.Nixak
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2010-10-18 11:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kresaera said:
2 words...

**Edit: Drooling Daisy takes FOREVER to pop. I've literally been here for 8+hours and nothing. I have so many dodge headbands it's not even funny.

TT has only one place holder. Like Kaht said, just look at the discussion page and you will find it.

When I did DD it popped twice right on the hour mark and then took 6 hours for the last pop. Just hang in there.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-18 11:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
bombs in halvung aren't too bad.
wamouras are going to be worse anyway...at least over arcana.
bombs are at least a bit more solo-able for the arcana.
 Cerberus.Nutt
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-18 11:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Yeah i still have to figure out how to do consistently 250+ dmg on a drain to killshot mobs... Any suggestions is welcome for this trial <_<
Do the macc version instead? I still haven't seen anything on if the potency or macc on would result in overall higher drain/aspirs lol. Actually 250+ drains aren't really that hard to do on weaker mobs even fairly consistently. Especially since the staff is already at +25% dark dmg at that point I think. The annoying part I'd think is getting it down low enough for that to finish it without killing it and ya know drain recast. Noctohelix if you got sch. Vidohunir if you have blm. Random smn moves if you have smn. Maybe that new ws cataclysm not sure who can use it. Or get help from something listed or someone else that can do darkness dmg well like blu.

In other news, The Staff WS Cataclysm deals AOE dark elemental damage. I wonder if that weaponskill will put out the damage needed for the trial. Has anyone skilled Staff to 290 for this Weaponskill?
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-18 16:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Day/Weather: FireFire
Trial 18: Any monster x50
Trial 19: Aquans x75
Trial 20: Beasts x100
Trial 21: Flans x200
Trial 1100: Vermin x200
Trial 1101: Manticores x250
Trial 1891: BirdsT x300

Eevery of them fire day only...
(cause fire weather never pop anymore in ff ;x )
so solo its up to 30/40 each day...
1000/20 = 50 days
1000/40 = 25 days (if ure a killer solo)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7