Post Your Impossible/crappy Trials Here!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Post your impossible/crappy trials here!
Post your impossible/crappy trials here!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Nesya
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-08-05 16:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I got STR+ Absolution, worst trial was 150 raptors (did it before it was easy) under weather in terigan, followed by 250 manticores under fire and 200 flans under fire.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-08-05 21:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Black Triple Stars x3 That mob was a pain in the ***, then 300 hippos, glad that's over, Now 400(?) Amorph's? FML, Now I HAVE to rank up to get access to the sandy castle... fml
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-08-05 21:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Leyla said:
whats the worst most rediculus trials u have encountered? make me feel better about mine now go!

SOULFLAYER ON LIGHTNINGS DAY, because no on else seems to need them..

I was thinking of doing a staff that gives pets Acc. Then I saw I needed to do this. And pet needs to give kill shot.

I decided to do a MAB staff instead.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-05 21:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Thunderlips said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:
lol theres one that requires killshot with Leaden Salute like about 1000 time or something daft.

pow! have that >.>

To get the level 80 relics\mythics the last trial is 2000 killshots with the relic\mythic ws D:

The worst part (so far) has been having to get 1500 Kill shots using Leaden Salute on Undead. Yes thats right a dark based magic WS on mobs that resist dark damage by 50% baring any other resists.

***took forever.

Rofl, that sounds like it was sooooo much fun :P
Idk if I wanna envy people with relics anymore...
Like you allready didnt go through enough to get it, but now you gotta do a shitload of work to make it worthwhile?
I mean.. come on...
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-05 21:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god it's over.

Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 21:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
Not looking forward to 200 cactaur during earth element/day. Gonna have to bring my npc and /bst to help deal with 1000 needles if nobody else is in the zone.
Everytime I went there were like 6+ peeps doing it.
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Wamoura x450 was a little rough, very resistant to melee and blaze spikes spam sucked. By blaze spikes i mean, 50-60 dmg a hit blaze spikes, and putting up enfire at the same time so you had to dispel x2 most times.... With my wife we pulled off 40-50 kills a night with our little pt.
If you go on firesday there are generally other people doing it for elemental path stuff
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-05 21:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

black triple stars has to be the worst NM of all mine
started off decent with b2b night pops, then that 3rd one i waited for 16 more nights -.-

soloing 300 hippos as THF is a pain in the *** too,
been working on them at such a slow pace, that i will have 10/10 eyes prior to finishing i think (6/10 now lol)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-08-05 21:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Wamoura x450 was a little rough, very resistant to melee and blaze spikes spam sucked. By blaze spikes i mean, 50-60 dmg a hit blaze spikes, and putting up enfire at the same time so you had to dispel x2 most times.... With my wife we pulled off 40-50 kills a night with our little pt.
If you go on firesday there are generally other people doing it for elemental path stuff

Ya got it done on a sat morning, whole bunch of JP on doing fireday kills, were actually waiting on spawns.

JP players have been my life blood doing these trials, always easier to slap a group together if you have a proper /sea comment.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 21:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I try to go on days I think other people are going on those kill 1 billion things and constantly search seacoms or get invited from my own
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-08-05 21:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah I try to go on days I think other people are going on those kill 1 billion things and constantly search seacoms or get invited from my own

You doing 2-3 times sword?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 21:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Among others. Luckily I could just nuke sleep and stuff on rdm. But that toook forever and is boring. Finished it the other week. It appears to help our droprate alot more than thfs knife ;)
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-08-05 22:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Black Triple Stars x3 That mob was a pain in the ***, then 300 hippos, glad that's over, Now 400(?) Amorph's? FML, Now I HAVE to rank up to get access to the sandy castle... fml

When I had to do 800 amorphs I went to the lake in Caedarva Mire for a bit.

but for about 500 of them I did Red Kissers in Wajaom with a whm helper. Dunno about yours, but our sewers inside sandy castle were way too busy.

I don't need killshots for my trial thank god. Busy = yes, please (is it bad I went to hit tab to auto-translate yes, please)
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-08-05 22:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
Not looking forward to 200 cactaur during earth element/day. Gonna have to bring my npc and /bst to help deal with 1000 needles if nobody else is in the zone.

That's easy prey, at least 6 ppl will be joining you in kuftal (or at least that was the least i encountered) should only take you about 4 earthdays.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-08-05 22:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Among others. Luckily I could just nuke sleep and stuff on rdm. But that toook forever and is boring. Finished it the other week. It appears to help our droprate alot more than thfs knife ;)

Khanda TH failed dasva, used that and TH3 on LoO once no drop....?! think you need further testing ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 22:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Khanda TH failed dasva, used that and TH3 on LoO once no drop....?! think you need further testing ^^
Oh I know it's not good but at least it's better than thief knife ;).

Also so far every NM that had drops I didn't want has dropped if I meleed it on rdm... even after the peopel I was with went 0/9 lol. The key is actually hitting in idle gear with enspell!
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-05 22:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
black triple stars has to be the worst NM of all mine
started off decent with b2b night pops, then that 3rd one i waited for 16 more nights -.-

soloing 300 hippos as THF is a pain in the *** too,
been working on them at such a slow pace, that i will have 10/10 eyes prior to finishing i think (6/10 now lol)

I, too, hated Black Triple Stars. A LOT. Took a couple days just to get three kills.

Hippos wasn't fun either, but I'm on Peistes now and it feels worse (the extra 100 doesn't help). I'm taking it a little bit at a time so I don't lose my mind. After two sittings I'm at 321/400 to go. FUUUUUUUUUUU-
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-08-05 23:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

800 weaponskills on vermin
250 golems on lightningday

those took a while
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2010-08-05 23:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial 303 for Axe

Target: 150 apkallu during fire day or weather while having trial axe equipped and pet give finish blow.

May not sound so horrible, but I've been at it for months now, and ever since the new trials were included it's been worse, since jobs other than bst melee these birds, they become inmune to physical damage too fast, leaving my pet dealing 0 damage and me having to run to zone to save my ***.

I have encountered parties of ninja's having one or two bsts with their pets doing all the tanking/dmg along with them using ninjutsu at same time. Leads to some slow numbers because have to compete for either their pet or mine finish the mob off. /sigh at least i'm @ 2 to finish, and reward is pet: attk +15 so i'm very much looking forward to my pimp axe :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Cloverkitty
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cloverkitty 2010-09-19 13:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The trial I am on is 50 Chloris buds.
This is insane.
It is a tier 3 nm in abyssea which means you need several pop items, and it takes a skilled alliance to take down and only drops UP TO 2 buds? I need 50 of them.
For starters getting a group that wants to get all the nm pops together is hard enough, then to get a group to fight the monster and fight over the measly 2 buds among 18 people. SE advertised this weapon as if it was a reward for Visions of Abyssea only to make it near impossible to get, unless you have an hnmls that does nothing but fight them.
It is like a slap in the face for those who bought it thinking it would be like the previous addons, however i have enjoyed abyssea so I guess I will not worry too much about it, just drool over what i cant have I guess.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-19 13:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm trying to make armeggedon... 50 Carbosse Gems /rage. As if all the really annoying nms weren't enough. Like 1 took 16 hours for the first one to pop and I need 4 kills lol. Not looking forward to hovering hoverpot which I'm on now
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-19 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

this path is hell!
Trial for daggers 2-3:

Trial 10: Arcana x400
Trial 11: Hippogryphs x300 /joy
Trial 13: Amorphs x500
Trial 14: Plantoids x600
Trial 15: Peistes x400 /orz
Trial 1097: DragonSF x600
Trial 1098: Buffalo x450 /suicide
Trial 1889: Arcana x700 /loljps...

+4200 mobs to kill!
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-19 13:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to kill 200 Slimes for my Staff now. Not hard. Just very time consuming.
Since I gotta do finishing blow with Thunder DMG I basicly have to solo.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-19 13:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
this path is hell!
Trial for daggers 2-3:

Trial 10: Arcana x400
Trial 11: Hippogryphs x300 /joy
Trial 13: Amorphs x500
Trial 14: Plantoids x600
Trial 15: Peistes x400 /orz
Trial 1097: DragonSF x600
Trial 1098: Buffalo x450 /suicide
Trial 1889: Arcana x700 /loljps...

+4200 mobs to kill!

Plantoids x600 just do Abyssea Tahrongi on mandies.
Arcana go by so fast since there are loads of trials requiring them.
Amorphs, have fun, they're not exactly fun and exciting. I'm stuck on Peiste myself they're a real pain in the *** with their petrify move. Not psyched for the 600 Puks or the 450 Buffalo.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-09-19 14:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Annihilator killshots >.>

just time consuming, stupid, and boring... there's way better ***to do in this game. I'd rather get 50 carabosse gems... that ***is easy lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-19 18:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Annihilator killshots >.> just time consuming, stupid, and boring... there's way better ***to do in this game. I'd rather get 50 carabosse gems... that ***is easy lol
Are you kidding me? If it's so easy can you get me 50? And almost rather make anni
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2010-09-19 18:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

gkt 25 opo kills in fire wind lightning or light weather... youd think this be easier but fire weather is hard to find in ifrits =/
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-19 18:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol camping Hovering hoverpot. Kill placeholders for like 8 hours and nothing. Go to take a nap for shorttime sure enough next spawn it pops. Get several tells about it but gf who is right next to comp doesn't do anything.

/wrist

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Gemah 2010-09-19 19:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

To all known Peistes,
*** you, *** all of you straight in the ***!

oh yeah and 20 hours waiting for Hovering pot to freaking pop... screw everyone who said they got the ENTIRE trial done in 5 hours.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7