Perle Really Better?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Perle really better?
Perle really better?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-04 02:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Post Parse results between your sets Jurai.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
what do you mean 'superior'?
Better total damage in a given timeframe, and for ***'s sake it's more than just attack.

Just stop, he is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and won't listen.

I'm trying to listen :(
I want to know why it's better so I can use what's best

I've no one to help me other that posting here to ask about things- sry for causing so much trouble trying to learn :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 02:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Better total damage in a given timeframe, and for ***'s sake it's more than just attack.

Feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall here...

if you don't stop beating stupid people over the head with the right answers i'm not going to have anyone left to feel superior to :(
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

But that's what I'm trying to say! My "total damage in a given timeframe" is better with my old double attack items.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 02:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

But that's what I'm trying to say! My "total damage in a given timeframe" is better with my old double attack items.

i sense an eyeballer
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 02:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

No, it's not. Stop *** eyeballing plzkthx.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

i sense an eyeballer

Yea, wont deny that. If I could post details I would. No one else is posting 'evidence' though either (saying Perle gives +x str, dex, w/e doesn't count because those are only applicable for the situation in which it was tested).
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 02:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The extra str will add more max dmg to your weapon, among other things, the atk will make you hit harder per hit(you are eyeballing this, stop right now, it's boosting it you just have to parse it), the dex will raise your acc and crit, you also get +2% crit boost.

4% DA is ONLY 4 hits every time you swing 100 times. So instead of swinging 104 times, you swing 100 times but ALL 100 swings will do more dmg per hit than it would have without the perle atk/str boost.

Idk why people want to ride DA's ***, it's biggest boost is brutal earring, everything after that initial 5% is still a BOOST, but a 5% > 7% DA increased rate is much smaller than a 0% > 5% boost. It's not the same as adding more brutal earrings.

Honestly parse and you will see. That's all I can tell you if you want to eyeball ***and argue with math. There is no argument perle is better, you just want to believe otherwise which is making it hard to explain.

I'm pretty damn sure you're trolling but it's not like I'm busy or have anything better to do.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 02:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Yea, wont deny that. If I could post details I would. No one else is posting 'evidence' though either (saying Perle gives +x str, dex, w/e doesn't count because those are only applicable for the situation in which it was tested).
wat

ITT: math lies and the stats on a given piece of gear change
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 02:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

i sense an eyeballer

homam is way better keep using it all that double attack is super hot
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

No, it's not. Stop *** eyeballing plzkthx.

:( idk how to parse it but would try it if I could- send link to help me do it and I will! I'm not trying to 'eyeball' I was just sharing my experience with it.

If I could get better data I'd love to :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 02:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

if you don't stop beating stupid people over the head with the right answers i'm not going to have anyone left to feel superior to :(
Reasons to stop posting in this thread: your ego and my sanity.

Good enough for me... ugh.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

i sense an eyeballer

Cool beans thx man will do /highfive
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 02:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not meaning this in an insulting way, seriously, but are you a *** woman? I mean the way you argue you really do sound like how women try to argue in rl.... just sayin'.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 02:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
:( idk how to parse it but would try it if I could- send link to help me do it and I will! I'm not trying to 'eyeball' I was just sharing my experience with it.

If I could get better data I'd love to :(
Breaking my own decision already.

It doesn't need to be parsed. Math can be done and has been done on the subject by Raenryong, myself, and others. We all arrived at the same conclusion: full Perle wins.

If you're serious about getting past your hardon for DA, look into the terms I used in my earlier post and figure out how they interact with your DPS. I'm done here.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-04 02:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

i sense an eyeballer

Cool beans thx man will do /highfive

I think he was being sarcastic and download kparser.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 02:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

Reasons to stop posting in this thread: your ego and my sanity.

Good enough for me... ugh.

<3
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fun to stir up the pot and see what comes of it :D Peeps gave up too early :( I think I was being too stupid :\

But really I want to get a parse that works >< I can't get memloc for the one I used to use XD
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 02:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been done a lot legitimately without the trolling before. Some people actually think 4% DA is better. It ends fast with math and proof otherwise or gtfo.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 02:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i take it back
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 02:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been done a lot legitimately without the trolling before. Some people actually think 4% DA is better. It ends fast with math and proof otherwise or gtfo.

This is what I ask since page one- all I needed to know is if I should be concerned or not losing it- since at that current time in my playing it was better.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 02:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
It's fun to stir up the pot and see what comes of it :D Peeps gave up too early :( I think I was being too stupid :\

But really I want to get a parse that works >< I can't get memloc for the one I used to use XD

my kparser works

tried the bg thread "working parser"?
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 03:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

i want to claim you are just trying to safeface but the missions/blitz ring say otherwise

7/10
I like my Blitz ring lol and I don't want to do any mission except Windy. Bast/Sandy is not FF to me so I never try to do them.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 03:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

my kparser works

tried the bg thread "working parser"?
I tried bg and everything but they don't work >< just not copy the right memlock idk just it's not working :\
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-04 03:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:

Quote:
I'm seeing hardly any dmg increse and no add increase from Perle, only a loss in my DA- which adds more dmg than the att boost from Perle.

This made me wonder if you was serious. As you are 77 and can't wear the set yet.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 03:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kparser is *** ***, terrible, terrible interface. It works, yes, but I don't like how it works. I used to run an old simple one that was perfect back in the day and it broke a few years back. Idr name but it was like FFParser or FFXIParser I think. Someone should fix it, was the best.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 03:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Right I am 77 and just got 78 in fov as I was typing in this thread.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 03:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kparser is *** ***, terrible, terrible interface. It works, yes, but I don't like how it works. I used to run an old simple one that was perfect back in the day and it broke a few years back. Idr name but it was like FFParser or FFXIParser I think. Someone should fix it, was the best.
Yes, that is what I used and it never worked anymore. I never got another since then.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 03:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if you give me a skype name i'll send the file i'm using

if that doesn't work might be an issue with your comp?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 03:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i liked app parser :/
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12