Ramuh.Ragni
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2010-08-03 09:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it yesterday 8 ppl.

RDM WHM PLD MNK SAM BLU THF DRG

I was tanking on PLD/NIN with MNK/NIN. RDM WHM was doing their jobs rest of party was dead. We took from 70% to 0 duo. Easy NM just need to have good healing ^^ Butt tanking is the best method. *** droped only angelstone lol. Fight took 25 mins. Just need remember about dispelling him when he will do George TP move, also we had him few times on 1% then he did Drain HP move and back to 12% lol.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-03 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Im looking to kill this, and no one will help. So im wondering whats the least you can kill it with a normal setup(not rdm/nin x2). Pld whm aaand.....
PLD WHM RDM BRD and assorted DD will work for the most part, its just a question of how good the DD are with keeping attention away from them. Ranged DD are extremely helpful in this case, especially if you're looking to keep MP usage low. (I typically RNG for him.) Can pretty much avoid any TP moves, or take advantage of higher ground just NE (correct me if I'm wrong. I rarely pay attention to compass, I just know where to go) of where he pops. Numerous cliffs up there and you generally wont aggro much, if anything at all up there.

His movement speed I'd say would be 12% or so. (Eyeballing it.) Even with it he still caught up to members who had it, so possibly even more.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-03 13:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok well looks like after this nyzul run ill have PLD RDM BRD SAM BLM, is kiting or straight tanking the best strategy?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-03 18:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well we went PLD SAM RDM BLM. We got it down to 20% easy, but after 20% we had trouble when it started using gorge. We couldnt do enough damage to stop that from recovering it. I couldnt melee it constantly to get TP or it would keep doing it, but if i did melee it would just recover all its HP with gorge. We had it 10% when we wiped.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-03 18:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
well we went PLD SAM RDM BLM. We got it down to 20% easy, but after 20% we had trouble when it started using gorge.
This is where ranged DD becomes a plus.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-03 18:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol well i couldnt go rng, i was helping tank on sam