Dear People Who Build Abyssea Parties (You're Doin

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-02 21:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

(You're doing it wrong)

Stop *** choosing to build 30 pearlescent lights first 30 times... you want BLUE chests for time extensions before anything else period.

This is the third time in a row today that some hotshot who doesn't listen to anyone other than #1 won't listen. Continuing to think building pearl first is key... what happens? Half the alliance times out.... Imagine that.

When you build up pearlescent light first ALL chest rates are increased... once you build up 30 pearl all chests are fair game on pop rates... you'll get tons of red, gold, and blue all at once.

If you build up azure first to 30 you have very high blue chest rates. Once you cap out azure and start to increase pearl... pearl increases all chests BUT you already have tons of blue rates built up... which results in nearly every chest spawn being blue with ONCE in awhile being red or gold...

It's not that *** hard.

I think the reason people also do mandies is becuase you can't build ruby light off WS kills. 2/3 times today on mobs building pearlescent light first... they kept WS killing for ruby light........... So we were getting tons of red chests with barely any blue... not a single extension in the entire 90 minutes.

Sorry to rant but i guess i enjoy abyssea because it really shows who has ANY attention span or knows what they are doing.

Force DC people also lose all their time and can't enter for an hour... since time still ticks away even logged out in abyssea.

It's not hard guys... azure light to 30 first. /endrant

[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 21:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

HUH!??!!? WHO DONES CALL GOOD OL DERFIE FOR YO?!?!! IS THIS A ABISSEE PARDEH INVTIETS?!?!! I CAN GO WAR YO!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-08-02 21:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay thirsty my friends.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-02 21:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And i'm not 100% on this part, but if you build pearlescent to 30 first... you won't have top tier blue chests with time extensions anyways... so the entire 30+ minutes you build up pearlescent you aren't even qualifying for 10 minute extensions.... By the time you start azure and get 10 minutes you've already been in there almost 50-60. The simple fact also remains you are getting as much red chests and gold chests as blue... so chances are even LESS for time... which is why half the alliance times out.

If you were doing azure light first you would start seeing them after 20-30 minutes at the MOST.
Derfthegalka said:
HUH!??!!? WHO DONES CALL GOOD OL DERFIE FOR YO?!?!! IS THIS A ABISSEE PARDEH INVTIETS?!?!! I CAN GO WAR YO!!
and lol hai derf...
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-02 21:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Have nukers kill their own mobs simultaneously. Problem solved. Don't involve meathead DD because they are sure to *** it up.
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 21:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

Derfthegalka said:
and lol hai derf...

SUPS MAH BRODERR YEP i AM ROOTIN FOR YA MAN GETS PPL DO ABSIEEE MOBBIES THE RIGHT YO CUZ THEY SUCK IF THEY DONE CANTS GET DEM MOBBIES TRESURES TO DROP MAN HELL IC AN TAKE MAH MOTH AXE AND WACK DEM MOBBIES LIKE NUTHIN YO GIVE MEH UR TRESURES!!!!!!!!

ANYWAYS
PS(POSTSCRIPT): I AM A GALKERS AND I NEED MAH EXPEIRUCES SOOOOOO PLZ LISTEN TO MAH BRODER AND DOES DEM EVENTERS RIGHT!! SOOOO WHEN DERFIE GETS THRIRTH I CAN LVL ON UPS TO GOOD OL 9565 IN ONE VANADELLA DAY YO!!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-02 21:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Have nukers kill their own mobs simultaneously. Problem solved. Don't involve meathead DD because they are sure to *** it up.
I did this method once and it was probably one of the best groups i had... a full PT of BLM + 1 RDM manaburn style did their own thing... while ONE party of DD's + healer + support did another for pearl light.

we only had 12 people and managed to stay in there for over 7 hours and only quit because people got tired. But that was my dynamis group who are ALL skilled players with a brain.

It's just mind blowing when you do a pickup group who decide to do pearlescent light first... and then the melee don't pay attention and ruby light constantly instead by "accident" from not watching what they do.

[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-02 21:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Derfthegalka said:
and lol hai derf...

SUPS MAH BRODERR YEP i AM ROOTIN FOR YA MAN GETS PPL DO ABSIEEE MOBBIES THE RIGHT YO CUZ THEY SUCK IF THEY DONE CANTS GET DEM MOBBIES TRESURES TO DROP MAN HELL IC AN TAKE MAH MOTH AXE AND WACK DEM MOBBIES LIKE NUTHIN YO GIVE MEH UR TRESURES!!!!!!!!

ANYWAYS
PS(POSTSCRIPT): I AM A GALKERS AND I NEED MAH EXPEIRUCES SOOOOOO PLZ LISTEN TO MAH BRODER AND DOES DEM EVENTERS RIGHT!! SOOOO WHEN DERFIE GETS THRIRTH I CAN LVL ON UPS TO GOOD OL 9565 IN ONE VANADELLA DAY YO!!!!!
You know... i almost never understand what you say... but i still giggle trying to understand it and fully support your galkaness.

lmao.
[+]
By Datruthuhate 2010-08-02 21:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks you dude for posting this,.. I'm not gonna say any names, but someone thougth to do a run building perle lights first...
I thought to myself .. WTF!!!!
Why in hell would you doing something so god dam HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as that?
It's like they dont realize the F***ing clock is ticking the minute u trade ur stones!?

Azure lights first!! (so u can get blue chest= TE's)

Like seriously some ppl really,.. & I mean REALLY lack common sense.. its a dam tragedy!!

I couldn't of said it better Clinpachi!!!

BIG UP & WOOT WOOT TO YOU MY BROTHER!!!
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 22:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Datruthuhate said:
Thanks you dude for posting this,.. I'm not gonna say any names, but someone thougth to do a run building perle lights first...
I thought to myself .. WTF!!!!
Why in hell would you doing something so god dam HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as that?
It's like they dont realize the F***ing clock is ticking the minute u trade ur stones!?

Azure lights first!! (so u can get blue chest= TE's)

Like seriously some ppl really,.. & I mean REALLY lack common sense.. its a dam tragedy!!

I couldn't of said it better Clinpachi!!!

BIG UP & WOOT WOOT TO YOU MY BROTHER!!!

YAH!!!! WUT YA SAIDS BRODER! THEY SUCK AND NEEDS TO GIVE DERFIE EXPERIUNCES TO GET BUFFIST!!!!

[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-08-02 22:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

On this note people please realize you need ruby light to max exp and bats and mandies in tahrongi don't give it @ all.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-02 22:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And before anyone says it....

yeah I'm hella mad...

It's just frustrating to get 3 stones then have some leader who has NO idea what they are doing run you all into the ground on time.

Azure (blue) = time extensions... which are only reached on a top tier azure light build up.

Pearlescent (white) = all chest rates slowly... red, gold blue.

Even when you cap out azure time chests STILL don't rain... you might get 1-2 in a row once in a good bit to put you back up over the top... or you may even get lucky and end up with 300 minutes+ like a friend of mine did...

But why would you want red + gold chests to equally drop with blue when it's ALREADY hard for time extensions on pure top tier azure?

I dunno i'm done bitching now lol.... gnight FFXIAH... stay thirsty.
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 22:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
And before anyone says it....

yeah I'm hella mad...

It's just frustrating to get 3 stones then have some leader who has NO idea what they are doing run you all into the ground on time.

Azure (blue) = time extensions... which are only reached on a top tier azure light build up.

Pearlescent (white) = all chest rates slowly... red, gold blue.

Even when you cap out azure time chests STILL don't rain... you might get 1-2 in a row once in a good bit to put you back up over the top... or you may even get lucky and end up with 300 minutes+ like a friend of mine did...

But why would you want red + gold chests to equally drop with blue when it's ALREADY hard for time extensions on pure top tier azure?

I dunno i'm done bitching now lol.... gnight FFXIAH... stay thirsty.

ENJOY UR NAP NAPS BRODER! u DON GOOOOOD NOWS! YO
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-02 22:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll remember this when I finally reach Abyssea levels.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-02 22:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said:
On this note people please realize you need ruby light to max exp and bats and mandies in tahrongi don't give it @ all.
Pearlescent = an increase in all chests so when you cap out 30/30 after azure 30/30 you'll still see red chests once in awhile with golden or ebon light which increase the exp/cap.

But it's a very slow process to get to 600 that way true.
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 22:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CONSIDERAIN THAT WERE IN SAME FISHTANK WE SHUD GET A PRDEH AND GETS ABISSEE LVLS SO WE CAN LVL ON UPS!! {INVITE TO JOIN A PARDEH}
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-02 22:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CONSIDERAIN THAT WERE IN SAME FISHTANK WE SHUD GET A PRDEH AND GETS ABISSEE LVLS SO WE CAN LVL ON UPS!! {INVITE TO JOIN A PARDEH}
YOUS ON RAMOOOH BRUDDEH!?
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 22:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I HAVE A TRANSMUTATION STONE SOMEWHERE BRODERR I GEST NEEDS 5K FOR THE SHIPING AND HANDLIN YO!
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-02 22:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I HAVE A TRANSMUTATION STONE SOMEWHERE BRODERR I GEST NEEDS 5K FOR THE SHIPING AND HANDLIN YO!
DATS TOO BAD BROOOO, GOOD LUCK N ALL DAT!
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-02 22:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

DATS TOO BAD BROOOO, GOOD LUCK N ALL DAT!

BUUUTTTS ACCRUNDING TO DEM OFFIAL FFXI BIBLE:

Quote:
Broder
(n.) another name for a buddy or really good friend who helps on FFXI missions, quests, character advancement and advice.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO UR MAH BRODER OR WUTS YO!!! 4K?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-02 22:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DEM 4KS IS EQUAL TO 25 BUCKS FO REALZ, SO YOUS BAH BRO BUT NOT THAT MUCH MAH BRO.

Sorry. :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
Server: Bismarck
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2010-08-02 22:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda disagree, I've ran numerous 10hr + abyssea pts by killing pearl first. So to say it's wrong... leads me to say... "Um. No."

Leaders need to speed up building the lights, not necessarily change the order they do it in. Pearl is slow, and doesn't always yield pearl light on a melee kill. Azure on the other hand is fast, and seems to always yield azure on the kill.

Building pearl first can indeed yield red chests to start, and at lower tier red chests, you will only see amber, pearl or azure. Avoid amber, open the other two. This can increase the rate in which you build your other lights.

Speed up the pearl kills by having the mages push it closer to death, and if they do kill the mob, who cares? Less you have to do to cap azure later. Adjust the mages firing power if this becomes a problem, or let a blue take it down from 50% since their spells are much more consistent.

I've been in 90 min abyssea pt's where people build up 10-15 pearls, then do nothing but azure and time out after 2-3 TE. Point is simple, you need both, you need them both fast. Blue chest contents are still 100% random. You can cap your "30" azure kills, and never see a time extension. Increasing pearl increases the odds of seeing the TE's. Long story longer, I don't care which one you pick, just do it fast.

A good leader just needs to keep track, if you're getting 1250 exp,intense soothing light, enormous amount of temp items, 1,000 cruor, or a stone, you're capped... move on... If 4/5 mobs are dropping chests, you're capped... move on...

Fail abyssea leaders are people who spend too much time on 1 light type and don't pay enough attention to when a light is capped.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 11:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Shaidolas said:
I kinda disagree, I've ran numerous 10hr + abyssea pts by killing pearl first. So to say it's wrong... leads me to say... "Um. No."

Leaders need to speed up building the lights, not necessarily change the order they do it in. Pearl is slow, and doesn't always yield pearl light on a melee kill. Azure on the other hand is fast, and seems to always yield azure on the kill.

Building pearl first can indeed yield red chests to start, and at lower tier red chests, you will only see amber, pearl or azure. Avoid amber, open the other two. This can increase the rate in which you build your other lights.

Speed up the pearl kills by having the mages push it closer to death, and if they do kill the mob, who cares? Less you have to do to cap azure later. Adjust the mages firing power if this becomes a problem, or let a blue take it down from 50% since their spells are much more consistent.

I've been in 90 min abyssea pt's where people build up 10-15 pearls, then do nothing but azure and time out after 2-3 TE. Point is simple, you need both, you need them both fast. Blue chest contents are still 100% random. You can cap your "30" azure kills, and never see a time extension. Increasing pearl increases the odds of seeing the TE's. Long story longer, I don't care which one you pick, just do it fast.

A good leader just needs to keep track, if you're getting 1250 exp,intense soothing light, enormous amount of temp items, 1,000 cruor, or a stone, you're capped... move on... If 4/5 mobs are dropping chests, you're capped... move on...

Fail abyssea leaders are people who spend too much time on 1 light type and don't pay enough attention to when a light is capped.
See and i knew someone would come in and point this out... and if you have a linkshell of skilled people who do it this way and it works that's great.... but shout groups in whitegate or random pickups lack the skill/attention span.

But if your group is a random thrown together group then why even chance going for pearl first if your DD are going to "accidentally" WS kill becuase they don't pay attention.

If it literally makes no difference if done right as you state... why not go for azure first then?

In one of the few replys above the BEST way i've ever seen it done/done myself was have a PT of BLM manaburn their own mob... and a PT of DD's/healer kill their own mob. Allowing your group to build up both lights at the same time.

It's indeed all about the leader and paying attention though. But random pickups/shout groups in whitegate at least on MY server (Siren) lack the competency or attention span to know what the hell they are doing... If they just did azure first they could at LEAST get some time extensions and be sloppy but successful.
[+]
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-08-03 11:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Really this needs to be said? I would have swore this was common knowledge... but then again I've done all of my runs with like 2 groups time and time again
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-03 11:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to post something but..
Bismarck.Shaidolas said:

5th paragraph said everything I had to say.
 Phoenix.Sketchkat
Server: Phoenix
user: sketchkat
By Phoenix.Sketchkat 2010-08-03 11:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I don't give a crap what the leader wants to do in Abyssea, I just answer the WG shouts and go, lol. I haven't read up on any of the 'light' stuff and I don't care, I just attack what they tell me to attack, and if I end up with decent xp by the time it's done, I'm happy! :p

On a side note, I love Derf!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 11:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shaidolas is right. Kill speed matters far more than your choice of light order provided you cap both azure and pearlescent. If you don't have kills rolling in fast enough it doesn't matter which approach you take, you're still ***.

EDIT: If anything I'd yell at the people who come in with only one or two stones and expect to not time out. I've gotten continuous TEs after ~50 minutes with good groups (odd TE 20 minutes notwithstanding), but the idiots doing that aren't in good groups, they're in shitty shout parties.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 11:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
Stay thirsty my friends.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 11:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
(You're doing it wrong)

Stop *** choosing to build 30 pearlescent lights first 30 times... you want BLUE chests for time extensions before anything else period.

This is the third time in a row today that some hotshot who doesn't listen to anyone other than #1 won't listen. Continuing to think building pearl first is key... what happens? Half the alliance times out.... Imagine that.

When you build up pearlescent light first ALL chest rates are increased... once you build up 30 pearl all chests are fair game on pop rates... you'll get tons of red, gold, and blue all at once.

If you build up azure first to 30 you have very high blue chest rates. Once you cap out azure and start to increase pearl... pearl increases all chests BUT you already have tons of blue rates built up... which results in nearly every chest spawn being blue with ONCE in awhile being red or gold...

It's not that *** hard.

I think the reason people also do mandies is becuase you can't build ruby light off WS kills. 2/3 times today on mobs building pearlescent light first... they kept WS killing for ruby light........... So we were getting tons of red chests with barely any blue... not a single extension in the entire 90 minutes.

Sorry to rant but i guess i enjoy abyssea because it really shows who has ANY attention span or knows what they are doing.

Force DC people also lose all their time and can't enter for an hour... since time still ticks away even logged out in abyssea.

It's not hard guys... azure light to 30 first. /endrant
pearlescent = mage kill right? or is that melee?

The way i've done it the last 2 times was:
melee kill for about 30 mins, then mage kill, then a bit of WS kill for like 10 mins if time boxes don't pop alot, then back to mage kill.

got 110min after i left yesterday's abyssea run. started with 99 and was in there for about 4 hours doing it this way.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 11:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shaidolas is right. Kill speed matters far more than your choice of light order provided you cap both azure and pearlescent. If you don't have kills rolling in fast enough it doesn't matter which approach you take, you're still ***.

EDIT: If anything I'd yell at the people who come in with only one or two stones and expect to not time out. I've gotten continuous TEs after ~50 minutes with good groups (odd TE 20 minutes notwithstanding), but the idiots doing that aren't in good groups, they're in shitty shout parties.
Nah i've been in 1-2 shouts last week that did azure first but killed slow as ***... we never saw top tier/time extenions until about 70 minutes into it... but once we hit that point we stayed hovering slowly around 60-70 minutes for about 3-4 hours.

If we did pearl first... we would have had too many red and gold chests getting in the way and making time less of a chance.

At least by doing azure first we stood SOME chance of staying in even with slow *** kills.
First Page 2 3 4 5