Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Accuracy Question
Accuracy Question
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've mentioned this in some other threads before I think. With the new content adding newer, higher level mobs, the ammount of accuracy needed to remain capped has increased.
I'm curious if anyone knows how much accuracy you need on average to remain capped on most mobs in abysea?

I'm also curious if anyone knows anything about relic weaponskill accuracy bonus values. I've been digging for some tests that were done on them quite some time ago, but I can't find them.

Thanks for any input.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-30 20:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a 95% Acc rating w/ Cata in the Vangarian Helm Exc, I know thats what you are getting too :) Use it up
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
I have a 95% Acc rating w/ Cata in the Vangarian Helm Exc, I know thats what you are getting too :) Use it up

You know me so well D: You know sometimes you miss like *** 5 times in a row it makes u wanna throw away your apoc.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-30 20:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea dude... Thats with any one hit WS though, think about the 110 you hit in a row though XD
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But yea, that was one question I had. I also was wondering how much accuracy you really need in abysea. A lot of the mobs seem a bit harder for me to hit using about 450ish accuracy. I'm talking melee here, not WS.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-30 20:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's dependent on the mobs level AND job type so even if I knew the acc needed for every one of them I wouldn't be able to give you an average.

You will need to pick a mob you kill most in there, which here is usually mandies. They are mnks so I'd pull a number out of my *** and say just being level 80 with your current set will prolly do it. Especially with relic's +25acc.

Just pull the parser out I'm sure you have and check your acc at the end. Adjust accordingly ect.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 20:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
It's dependent on the mobs level AND job type so even if I knew the acc needed for every one of them I wouldn't be able to give you an average. You will need to pick a mob you kill most in there, which here is usually mandies. They are mnks so I'd pull a number out of my *** and say just being level 80 with your current set will prolly do it. Especially with relic's +25acc. Just pull the parser out I'm sure you have and check your acc at the end. Adjust accordingly ect.

Do parses count attacks that have been countered as misses?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-30 20:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
It's dependent on the mobs level AND job type so even if I knew the acc needed for every one of them I wouldn't be able to give you an average. You will need to pick a mob you kill most in there, which here is usually mandies. They are mnks so I'd pull a number out of my *** and say just being level 80 with your current set will prolly do it. Especially with relic's +25acc. Just pull the parser out I'm sure you have and check your acc at the end. Adjust accordingly ect.

I haven't found a working parser THAT I like since I came back so idk what they count and don't count now days. Counters may count as misses though if I had to guess, but that isn't an answer. No way your not going to pull hate with a triple dmg proc either. I pull hate with 2-3 plaga swings even after a pld/war has voked and flashed...

Go in as blu80 or some ***and fight behind the mob w/o pulling hate. Compare the acc difference and adjust accordingly is all I can say.

Edit: Assuming you leveled blu the last 5 levels and capped off sword. You prolly did from pld though at least.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-30 20:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They count attacks you've countered and missed so I would assume they could
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 20:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
I haven't found a working parser THAT I like since I came back so idk what they count and don't count now days. Counters may count as misses though if I had to guess, but that isn't an answer. No way your not going to pull hate with a triple dmg proc either. I pull hate with 2-3 plaga swings even after a pld/war has voked and flashed... Go in as blu80 or some ***and fight behind the mob w/o pulling hate. Compare the acc difference and adjust accordingly is all I can say. Edit: Assuming you leveled blu the last 5 levels and capped off sword. You prolly did from pld though at least.

Nah I'm not taking any jobs up past 75 but pld and drk. Most LSs never make use a mage job anyways.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-30 20:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
I haven't found a working parser THAT I like since I came back so idk what they count and don't count now days. Counters may count as misses though if I had to guess, but that isn't an answer. No way your not going to pull hate with a triple dmg proc either. I pull hate with 2-3 plaga swings even after a pld/war has voked and flashed... Go in as blu80 or some ***and fight behind the mob w/o pulling hate. Compare the acc difference and adjust accordingly is all I can say. Edit: Assuming you leveled blu the last 5 levels and capped off sword. You prolly did from pld though at least.

Nah I'm not taking any jobs up past 75 but pld and drk. Most LSs never make use a mage job anyways.

Your gonna have to wait till someone gives a ***to parse it then lol.

http://ninjafada.com/ffxi/ still technically works for level 80 if you enter proper info, but you would need to find the mobs level/evasion skill to get it to calculate.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 20:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

See that's the issue. I could calculate it myself if I had the mob info. I just dont know where to get it. I assumed somebody had already tested it and calculated it by now.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-30 20:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the thing is it's not hard to cap it on these mobs and other than abyssea most mobs that were added can be capped with either just gear, or with the popular pizza.

Next update I'm sure there will be a lot of testing, which would make these tests right now useless. 75-80 will be just like 65-70. People don't give a *** to gear properly while leveling, only at max level. If people are missing in exp pts they just eat sushi and overkill. :/
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-30 20:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Calc has been updated for lv80
dunno what mobs they are using, but im assuming its the ones in abyssea

Statistics >> Accuracy >> Melee Acc

uses a lv87 mob with 357eva