Lvling /DRK Past 37?? Benefits?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Lvling /DRK past 37?? Benefits?
Lvling /DRK past 37?? Benefits?
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-30 18:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
catabolic, have you tried to land abs-stat spells as say nin/drk with a dark/pluto staff on a level 75 monster? do this on any 75-80 job with no native dark magic skill, let us know how it works out.

lvl 75 mob would be T++ con to a lvl 75. Of course you arent landing those spells on 98% of T++'s. Wasn't anywhere near what i was suggesting trying it on.

a level 75 mob would be even match to a 75 brochacho
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-30 18:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
tw mobs aside. What of easy-decent con mobs at 90. Not everything has insanely high natural resist rates. The thought is more for someone who is bored and isn't opposed to messing around. I've learned some cool things from just messing around on the game before.
Then by all means try it out.
The general message is that SAM is already a TP ***, why would it need to be more TP on TW mobs that you almost instantly kill?
It's just morbidly impractical.
lots of other jobs to try though.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-30 18:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

morbidly impractical is amusing when you're bored sometimes :P
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-30 18:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
morbidly impractical is amusing when you're bored sometimes :P
you know what's better to do when your bored?
not play ffxi or farm...lol.
 Phoenix.Dooom
Server: Phoenix
user: Dooom
By Phoenix.Dooom 2010-07-30 18:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
well in the case of sam its not the fear of it using ws's but rather sam gaining more tp faster than it already does.

A few moments thought will tell you that /war (double attack) or /drg (5% haste from wyvern earring), or even /dnc (Reverse Flourish) will help you gain TP faster than some incredibly weak Absorb-TPs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-30 19:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
I don't think Absorb-TP suppresses enemy TP tbh.... I've absorbed from 70 to 90 and the mobs still WSs in 1-3 hits.

Actually Absorb-TP does reduce the mob's TP. That's been tested and proven.

Absorbing 70 to 90 TP and then seeing the mob use a TP move after 1-3 hits doesn't mean that you didn't take away from the mob's TP... if you're ignoring other factors such as: the mob having a lot more TP than what you absorbed, or players feeding the mob a lot of TP etc.

As for Absorb-TP's use... it's actually a really good spell, but really only good for DRK main, and even then... only if you use it appropriately.

SAM/DRK for Absorb-TP wouldn't be "effective" considering the lower Dark magic skill, and also that other subs will just be better....

Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-30 19:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

mostly what i was saying is in situations like endgame /blm > /drk @90+. Solo or low man messing around though, why not mess around with some trial and error. You don't have to base your in game experiences solely off wiki and other players. Go out and find out for yourself why some sjs won't work as well as others.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-30 19:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol just stop
[+]