Suggestions On Improvement.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Suggestions on improvement.
Suggestions on improvement.
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Lostprophet
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Lostprophet 2010-07-29 20:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp Set

WS Set

Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-29 20:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Without any STP, get a 528 delay scythe.
Landing 2 hits on guillotine will net you a 6hit when \sam then, but if you \sam and add in 1 more stp, like Brutal earring, you got a 6hit no matter what.

For your WS set, you wont hit much if you allways ws in that.
I recommend atleast two guillotine sets, with different amounts of accuracy, to make sure you cap accuracy on whatever you'r fighting to maintain a good avarage damage.

And you should WS in Amemet+1 over that Smilodon mantle, as attack helps you alot on weaponskills without attack-bonuses.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-29 21:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say... Rajas ring, Foragers mantle. A better scythe
sea gorget. someone is bound to say fire bomblet
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-29 21:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hauby+1 > Perleberk for Guillotine
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-29 21:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
perleberk doesn't kill the wallet
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-29 21:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A better scythe should be at the top of your Priority list. Reckoning in particular, is easy to get and quite powerful, even if you're not looking to get the fabled 5 hit setup (Which requires significant sacrifices or the Goading belt from TIII Abyssean NM Lacovie)

Brutal earring is the second most important upgrade you can make after the scythe. You're either a liar, or really do have a Velocious belt, so the thought that you do not have a Brutal earring already is more confusing than a room full of trensgender bisexuals.

Snow Gorget will get you slightly more power on Guillotine with roughly the same Accuracy boost. If you're capped on Accuracy, Justice Torque will (Slightly) outperform a Snow Gorget on Guillotine, only because fTP bonus is only applied to the first strike.

Fire Bomblet is probably the weakest upgrade you can make in that set. If you are capping accuracy, the Bomb Core will outperform the Fire Bomblet, without any questions, and if someone says otherwise, they have severe brain damage. Still, it's an item you should look into getting, since that setup suggests you haven't invested the merits into DRK to make it a capped-accuracy on all targets (With pizza).

People have already said it, but get an Attack cape for Guillotine. Smily Mantle is fine for Greatsword or Spiral Hell, but Guilltoine, being a Four-hit attack needs to calculate attack scores and generate the damage four times, combined with the fact it doesn't recieve a pDIF(Attack) bonus like the aforementioned Spiral Fail and Spinning Slash.

For your TP set, Rajas and Blitz are a better combination than Kusha/Luva. If you are lacking Rajas because of another ring choice, Blitz and Toreador's(Any acc ring) will be an improvement, Assuming you are using Pizza like any good DD nowadays.

Finally, if you pursue the Reckoning or get a Rajas, you can switch your Grip to a Sword Strap, and still maintain a 6hit /SAM with a 528 Scythe. If you have the reckoning with StoreTP augment, you obviously wouldn't need the Rajas to use the Sword Strap.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-07-29 21:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

seriously? there like 600k now >.>; compared to the 2.5m+ they once were pre lv 75 cap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-29 21:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiral hell does not get a pdif bonus. Attack cape for that aswell!
[+]
 Caitsith.Lostprophet
By Caitsith.Lostprophet 2010-07-29 21:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice. My gear is all out of sorts because my work schedule changed so much. Currently my play times consist of anytime from 1am to about 1pm PST. I'm running with a UK shell at the moment... And in regards to no having brutal it is because I just finally got access to sea yet I still need to beat the 3 nm's for palace entry.....
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-29 21:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He asked for improvements, not improvements based on a budget.
[+]
 Caitsith.Lostprophet
By Caitsith.Lostprophet 2010-07-29 21:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL that is correct. My gear points towards budget though haha. Right now I'm leaning more towards gear you can get w/o buying since I don't have any money making things going on.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-29 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lostprophet said:
LOL that is correct. My gear points towards budget though haha. Right now I'm leaning more towards gear you can get w/o buying since I don't have any money making things going on.

I feel ya, have a few abjurations just sitting in my storage.... I is broke
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-29 21:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jovant said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
seriously? there like 600k now >.>; compared to the 2.5m+ they once were pre lv 75 cap.
not on quetz...still like 800k~1mil +
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-29 22:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With 7 STP Enforcer, you get a 5hit. Sub SAM, with this gear and hasso, you have 92.8% hit rate without food. So 5hit, 17% haste, and "near" capped ACC seems good to me.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-29 22:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jovant said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

lol no...

Look it up. Last few Hauberk +1 that have sold in WG AH, in our server (Quetzacoatl), have sold for 350k-400k.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-29 22:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
With 7 STP Enforcer, you get a 5hit. Sub SAM, with this gear and hasso, you have 92.8% hit rate without food. So 5hit, 17% haste, and "near" capped ACC seems good to me.

92.8% Hit rate against what? Somehow I doubt that includes anything that isn't pink and bird-like.

Also, a 6hit with Sword Strap and full Perle is superior to that set, and is easier to obtain, bot from a financial perspective, and a drop perspective.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-29 22:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

92.8% Hit rate against what? Somehow I doubt that includes anything that isn't pink and bird-like.

Also, a 6hit with Sword Strap and full Perle is superior to that set, and is easier to obtain, bot from a financial perspective, and a drop perspective.

Whatever ffxi calc uses as a level 87 mob with 357 evasion. I figured the programmer knew something I didn't about the mobs in abyssea or something.

Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-30 00:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Level sam. *** drk.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-30 00:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I am using atm to 5-hit my scythe atm.

Without Goading Belt Aurum seems to be your next best bet for the 5-hit, anything else you just start to give up way too much ACC in my honest opinion.

I also like being able to use my Homam instead of looking like a Clone Trooper from Star Wars X:
 Odin.Dryzt
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-07-30 02:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed the OP shows swapping in hecatomb hands for WS. Are they better than using perle hands?
Also, which would be better for the waist assuming it's for Guillotine, warwolf or potent?

btw I'm not judging, I'm just curious myself :o
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-30 03:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Warwolf and Potent are both very situational it depends on the Evasion of the mobs you are fighting.
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-30 03:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait.. ruby rings and a vbelt.. this guy trollin'?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-30 03:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
I know you think you sound funny accusing everyone of trolling, but just think about it for half a second. It's hard to make gil now. V Belt is free, Vulcan's Rings are not. You don't think, in the current depression that FFXI is in, that there's a small chance that someone might go for rare/ex items rather than sitting and wallowing in self-pity over how hard it is to make gil?
[+]
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-30 03:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
I know you think you sound funny accusing everyone of trolling, but just think about it for half a second. It's hard to make gil now. V Belt is free, Vulcan's Rings are not. You don't think, in the current depression that FFXI is in, that there's a small chance that someone might go for rare/ex items rather than sitting and wallowing in self-pity over how hard it is to make gil?

Rajas ring is free.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-30 04:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

changes i would make right off the bat would be keep the mantle+1 and pearle gloves for guillotine.

The ruby rings can stay if you have the acc, you would need to calculate or parser it and what not for that. otherwise keep on acc rings. the same will go for warwolf vs any acc belt options(such as life/potent/etc).

Other then that change the scythe, i do not think havok scythe has ever been a good choice.

Without wasting time, i would advocate prioritizing CoP missions(for rajas and brutal) as these changes should not have you doing other stuff. Hope this helps~
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-30 04:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My order would be:
* 6 Hit with a new scythe, ie get rajas or rose and any scythe over lvl 75 (pretty much 'new' scythe will beat the one you have).
* New WS set... Amememt+1, Virtuoso belt/Potent/New DRK belt, Hauby (NQ will beat Perle), Probably an accuracy ring (situational)
* Brutal

After that you get into the finer detail (bomblet, foragers, tuning sTP).
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-30 04:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
It's hard to make gil now.

coulda fooled me
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-07-30 13:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

lol no...

Look it up. Last few Hauberk +1 that have sold in WG AH, in our server (Quetzacoatl), have sold for 350k-400k.

we talking about Haubergeon +1, not Hauberk +1... but still, 800k-1m isnt as nearly as bad as the 2.5-3m price tag before... thats a BIG drop difference like 66%

Edit: and gil making isnt hard hard at all with the right trades or if u know what to look for or whats in need in stock on your server and ffxiah.com is perfect for that. with the price decrease on major buyable armor items many things are easier to obtain now.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-30 14:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hauby or Berk for drk whats the differnce? I am pretty sure the dude did mean Berk+1.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-30 17:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Hauby or Berk for drk whats the differnce? I am pretty sure the dude did mean Berk+1.
meant hauby+1
First Page 2