Opinions On Perle Body For DRK Tp?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Opinions on Perle body for DRK Tp?
Opinions on Perle body for DRK Tp?
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-25 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
I still think will beat out the belt Aftermath build

It would be

9str, 5dex, 1% DA, .5% haste vs 17 attack, 4 accuracy, 2% crit rate. Yea I think that build you listed would beat it, but if you don't have absolutely max gear for drk then perle is going to be a better aftermath set.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-25 16:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't think so, I've been using these two (testing) and I dont see perle beating them
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-25 16:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
I still don't think so, I've been using these two (testing) and I dont see perle beating them

The top set vs perle aftermath would be:
+2dex +4 accuracy vs 3 str, 14attack, 1% DA, 2% crit

The second set would be:
+1 dex vs 2 str, 12 attack, 2 accuracy, 1% Da, 2% crit.

So yea perle beats both of those sets easily
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-25 18:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even going to bother hurting my head with the apoc ***, I really can't say what's best for it since you don't need capped haste. The main general point was for non-apoc and non-dusk hands+1 builds, perle is the best for 'right now'.

In the future when the +4% haste pants/hands are found, or if you have the 2 items mentioned above it's different, otherwise 99% of drks should be using full perle to tp in atm. Even EBody drks. :(
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 18:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol at the fact that E-body became useless outside of Dusk+1 for drk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-25 18:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Still excellent for WS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-25 18:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, E-body/Hauberk +1 still better than Perle body for Guillotine.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-25 19:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
I'm not even going to bother hurting my head with the apoc ***, I really can't say what's best for it since you don't need capped haste. The main general point was for non-apoc and non-dusk hands+1 builds, perle is the best for 'right now'. In the future when the +4% haste pants/hands are found, or if you have the 2 items mentioned above it's different, otherwise 99% of drks should be using full perle to tp in atm. Even EBody drks. :(

I need to do some more research regarding haste values.
I know that a lot of haste pieces aren't really correct values.
For example Blitz ring is .9% haste. I'm curious if gearing up only 25% haste will really only be .5% haste below cap or if due to rounding I might actually parse less.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-25 20:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
I'm not even going to bother hurting my head with the apoc ***, I really can't say what's best for it since you don't need capped haste. The main general point was for non-apoc and non-dusk hands+1 builds, perle is the best for 'right now'. In the future when the +4% haste pants/hands are found, or if you have the 2 items mentioned above it's different, otherwise 99% of drks should be using full perle to tp in atm. Even EBody drks. :(

For example Blitz ring is .9% haste. I'm curious if gearing up only 25% haste will really only be .5% haste below cap or if due to rounding I might actually parse less.
Are you sure about the .9% haste on Blitz? Not calling you wrong just curious since I've always heard it's 1% but is used to get the last .9% when your at the gear haste cap.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-25 20:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Yes, E-body/Hauberk +1 still better than Perle body for Guillotine.

Hecatomb?
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-25 20:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hauberk+1 > Heca, Heca is kinda ***
 Siren.Firedevil
Server: Siren
user: Firedevil
By Siren.Firedevil 2010-07-25 20:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Heca is crap for DRK, any of the other options are better
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-25 20:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant over perle, the others are obviously better
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-25 21:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

It's safe to aim for 26% in general, usually it will be over 25 if only slightly with the rounded down values. Though gearing it exactly for Apoc is a different story since you don't need the cap anyway.

For the most part though only a few jobs reach 25%+ anyway to even worry about that.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-25 22:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's safe to aim for 26% in general, usually it will be over 25 if only slightly with the rounded down values. Though gearing it exactly for Apoc is a different story since you don't need the cap anyway.

For the most part though only a few jobs reach 25%+ anyway to even worry about that.

No. Haste values are slightly less than they say on various pieces. 25% is the cap, but you need 26% in gear to hit the 25% cap.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-25 23:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

No. Haste values are slightly less than they say on various pieces. 25% is the cap, but you need 26% in gear to hit the 25% cap.

That's my point... which is why u aim for 26... bright one aren't you. :/
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-25 23:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

^ This.

The cap for gear haste is still 25%, but various pieces have slightly less than they say in the description due to haste working on n/1024 scale. Thus you need ~26% in gear to reach the real 25% gear haste cap.

Even wiki actually has it right.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Haste_%28Status_Effect%29

Edit: I'm not directing this at you SK... just trying to make it clearer <.<
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-25 23:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

^ This.

The cap for gear haste is still 25%, but various pieces have slightly less than they say in the description due to haste working on n/1024 scale. Thus you need ~26% in gear to reach the real 25% gear haste cap.

Even wiki actually has it right.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Haste_%28Status_Effect%29

Edit: I'm not directing this at you SK... just trying to make it clearer <.<

It's fine, but he was. I'm not sure how he could have thought I meant anything else besides that though.

Perle head is actually 2.86 I believe one test came up with. If exc was interested, he will have to dig into the drk threads for more detail, and iirc I'm pretty sure he was there lol...
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-25 23:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

That's my point... which is why u aim for 26... bright one aren't you. :/

Lol okay. You said "usually it will be over 25" making it sound like you thought the cap was 26%. If you meant otherwise then it doesn't really matter.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-07-26 00:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Firedevil said:
Heca is crap for DRK, any of the other options are better

Heca has the Bunny, Evil Bunny > ALL
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-26 00:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you want to get technical...

Hecatomb body does have its use for GS WS.

For Spinning Slash/Ground Strike: Heca body > Hauby/hauby+1

But then again, if you already have an E-body... that's just 2 less STR than heca body, but E-body has more attack, which would be nice for HNMs, where your Cratio on Spinning Slash won't be capped.

Furthermore, if you have Ares's body...then your Ares's body would be even better than heca body or E-body for GS spinning Slash WS. (And the new Grim Cuirass/Grim Cuirass +1 is even better than Ares's body for Spinning Slash)

But for Scythe multi-hit WSs like Guillotine: E-body/Hauberk+1 is better. (Ares's body and similar bodies would be good if you are capping your hit rate without the accuracy from the body, but that is situational...won't really happen on mobs that matter etc.)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-26 13:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

/bump
What about this for an Apoc set? 93.3% accuracy (assuming 70 base dex) without hasso/food, but in abyssea you can pretty much ride hasso full time.

(level 80 relic, not 75.... this set gives str +50 and attack +45ish while keeping capped accuracy with hasso and haste gear)
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-26 14:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Bomb core and Cerb+1 (or Aesir Mantle if you are capping attack) when DE is up... And HQ the body :P