Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 06:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderblaze said:
NA onry servers please. I'm sick of euros(italians in particular)/jps/etc

You shure seem to like to act like a JP player.

always in broken engrish, an adding a W at the end of just about everything :]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-18 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderblaze said:

Whats wrong with europeans? >.< lol
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Banefulsamurai 2009-01-18 11:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Khaty said:
i think its coz they dont want u to see them... or something like that

Then cast invis. ._.'

I just read this whole thread, and this is the best post by far. XD

I check people all the time. I understand it's rude to some, but honestly they have all the means to stop that message from popping up. I've checked tons of people and have never had someone switch gear on me or tell me it's rude. If they were JP I'd probably say (I'm sorry), but NA/EU I'd ask them why they don't just change the chat filter and why they think they are so special as to not be checked.

Whenever I obtain some new R/EX gear I actually hope someone checks me and sees it. I'm proud of what I wear, it's not anything spectacular by any means but I earned it.

If your a BST BRD SMN on Fenrir walking around, expect to be checked by me. I can't help but look at my favorite jobs and admire their gear and think "I can't wait till I can get that" or something to that effect.

Oh, and if your on your 75Whatever in the Dunes or starting cities, then expect to be checked by new players.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-20 21:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually dont /check ppl unless im checking bazaars. I see no reason to check them. whatever stuff they got on them is their business, if im intrested in a specific piece of gear, i check it up wiki. much easier that way, coz if its something you want, all the info on how to get it is right there. just my opinion.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-20 21:42:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

So, if you saw a Pld/Nin (like it says you are atm) and he/she had an unknown piece on that you've never seen, you'd just look around wiki all day to try to find it instead of a quick /check?
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-01-20 23:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a game of cat and mouse. There's nothing saying you can't /check everyone in the zone, and there's nothing saying you can't change gear when someone checks you. Obsessing over whether it's 'allowed' or not will just manifest as a neurosis and make you crazy.

With all the new patch gear the last few months I've been checking people left and right to see what names go with what new shinies. :3
 Midgardsormr.Soulstar
By Midgardsormr.Soulstar 2009-01-21 00:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell is wrong with europeans now??

Thunderblaze said:

this game is INCREDIBLE in the sense that you can meet japanese, americans and europeans, were WOW only has localized servers. Gawd we take a chill pill bish :D
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-21 19:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
So, if you saw a Pld/Nin (like it says you are atm) and he/she had an unknown piece on that you've never seen, you'd just look around wiki all day to try to find it instead of a quick /check?

No i dont do a quick /check, and most likely I wont spend a whole day trying to figure out what it is on wiki. I'm just not that curious, specially not when it comes to PLD gear.
 Ragnarok.Neojoe
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neojoe
By Ragnarok.Neojoe 2009-01-21 19:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I don't really care if you want to check me have at it, want to ask me questions feel free, let's put the MM back in MMO
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-21 19:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Neojoe said:
let's put the MM back in MMO

They just introduced MMM, how many more M's do you want?!

Scrabble bag only has so many!
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-21 20:14:58

Well according to the new ESPN commercial, Shaq has found many Q's in his scrabble :x
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-01-21 21:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderblaze said:

Oh, my favorite person in the world again.

Anyways, does Fairy have a large Italian population? I can't find them on Midgard, would love to join an IT shell to get more used to the language.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-21 22:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Anyways, does Fairy have a large Italian population? I can't find them on Midgard, would love to join an IT shell to get more used to the language.

I see Italian in /say in jeuno, not often, but I'd say every few days. (What would Italian prime time be in NA? I'm on from 5p-9p usually) TBH, I don't know that I've heard of any particular server with a large Italian population.

At any rate, there may not be many on Fairy, but at least they're talking to each other ^^
 Alexander.Keldewis
Server: Alexander
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2009-01-26 11:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I /check ppl if I think they are in one of the other LS's that I am in but don't currently have the pearl for cause I would like a quick update on what is happening in the LS w/o switching pearls. I also /check for gear setups or ideas on jobs that I am curious about. I am also guilty of multichecks on bazaars, because one I forget who has what, and two sometimes I am undecided if I want to buy a particular item because if I decide I don't want it later, how long will it take me to sell or pass it off, like the NPC training manuals which I still have. As for being /checked I personally don't care, but I heard that ppl being checked frequently that had particularly nice equipment, later had their account hacked, but there were other factors with those cases to consider. Only problem I have with other region players is if they invite you to a mission or event or join with a group you are in and have an entire conversation around you in their native language.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-26 12:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

who cares? Is this really an issue? Whether or not someone looks at you?

I wish people put this much time and energy into learning how to play their job properly, learning how to party correctly without a PL and learning to play regardless of whether the perfect party set up is available or not.
 Fairy.Ninelives
user: Ninelives
By Fairy.Ninelives 2009-01-26 13:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit to hitting a gear swap macro now and then when someone is trying to /check me. Does it bother me they check my gear? Nope. Is it hilarious to discover that someone can get upset to the point where they shout obscenities because of it? Absolutely.

I also have a random Cattleya up in my bazaar 24/7 with "I just wasted your time having you check my bazaar for a flower" as my bazaar message.

It takes all kinds of random amusement to keep someone on this game for 4+ years, so I take advantage of it when I can. :3
 Odin.Foxxie
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Foxxie 2009-01-26 13:30:01

I don't get why ppl are so upset over being checked... its just a game.

Some ppl should take i as a complement if being examined. maybe someone is trying to use your setup and a goal or example.

Now if someone is spamming it then that a different story and i can understand the upset, but to get pissed over someone seeing your setup is silly and childish.

This is not real life, no one should get offended about being checked. i see a lot of ppl are having a hard time separating real life from a video game..
 Fairy.Magitek
user: Magitek
By Fairy.Magitek 2009-01-26 13:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get pissy about it unless the person examines you every time they see you. Some of my real life friends tend to do that, makes me want to go punch them in the face. They know every piece gear I have, they even have access to my account. Another instance is Marco. What a nublet! I especially hate being examined by people I dislike, they don't deserve to check me out!