Teiwaz Spiders & Weather?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Teiwaz Spiders & Weather?
Teiwaz Spiders & Weather?
 Siren.Mareo
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Mareo
By Siren.Mareo 2010-07-10 04:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started on the 2nd trial, need to 50 experience-yielding monsters of the spider family. Under, Fire, Wind, Lightning, and Light Weather? What would be the best spot to Achieve this trial? Any thoughts?
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-07-10 04:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mareo said:
Just started on the 2nd trial, need to 50 experience-yielding monsters of the spider family. Under, Fire, Wind, Lightning, and Light Weather? What would be the best spot to Achieve this trial? Any thoughts?

Tree.

This trial is pretty easy, esp if you can find someone to duo with. Just round up 4-6 of them and -ga them down. You can do it solo but it isn't as safe/fast.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-07-10 06:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Or can do it in Bhaflau Thickets/Wajaom Woodlands outside Whitegate , Can wait in Whitegate till you see weather change , go out slay some , or can hold 3~4 @1%HP or something whenever the weather pop , just finish them off with -aga .

Tree works too , but I find it more convenient to do it in whitegate while readin shouts , crafting or something .
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-10 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tree tends to have the weather more often and last longer so I do that. Plus the thunder and even double thunder weather makes the aga killing go so much easier.

Whatever you use remember to check weather npcs first. THat way you don't wait for hours and you can prep ahead of time since you know it will pop
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-10 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this trial a while ago, and I agree with Dasva. Duo or trio will be much better than solo.

Check your weather NPCs and see where the weather will be before heading out.

Boyahda Tree (Zi'Tah) -- NPC in Upper Jeuno near the Market and dancer troupe. Want "Thunder" or "Thunderstorms".

Kuftal Tunnel (Terrigan) -- NPC in Rabao. Want "Hot Spells", "Heat Waves", "Winds", or "Gales".

Bhaflau Thickets -- NPC in Whitegate, upper level, overlooking the central fountain. Want "Winds" or "Gales".
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-10 09:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I meant the thunder weather helped in aga killing. But yeah soloing is a bit harder. With 9 or so spiders in tow the odds of 1 of them half resisting sleep are pretty high and if that happens just keeping them slept could make your mp go down forget actually doing dmg to them lol.

Also if you want to conserve mp a little you can put full buffs up and let them attack you in jse so they curse themselves. When they uncurse they should be at like 91% I think
 Ragnarok.Deathshift
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Deathshift 2010-07-10 09:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuftal tunnel, and the boyahda tree
 Leviathan.Tsolamogola
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tsolamogola 2010-07-10 10:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrarium also works now. Thunder and wind weather happens there daily, but the mobs are VT-IT. Just another option if the NPCs say that the tree/tunnel/bhaflau won't have weather for a few hours.