Zerging Weapons
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-01 13:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this thread is two parts.

Does anyone have a chart that compares apocalypse to KC, Mkris and ridill in zerging? I'm well aware of raen's guide but it is not listed there. I of course know apoc is not the best weapon to zerg with atm but I am curious where it falls in comparison.

Secondly:

Anyone who has leveled up has noticed a decrease in HP returns per level and a dramatic increase in base damage on weapons. Should this trend continue does anyone think that weapons like Mkris and KC will be out dated EVENTUALLY by weapons with incredibly high base damage? I'm sure most people are aware that almost all the damage from KC and Mkris in a zerg is from the 12% HP souleater and not the weapon itself. If this is indeed the case how would you go about calculating estimated damage on a weapon with high base damage while zerging in general? Obviously your melee damage will vary depending on Pdif/fstr etc.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-07-01 13:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraken>MKris>Ridill I believe. Apoc is below them simply because it can only attack once per round.

Weapon damage doesn't matter all that much, it's the number of attacks you can cram into one round.

I'm pretty much guessing though, so don't take it to heart
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-07-01 13:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i thought the damage was down to your HP, not anything to do with the damage on your weapon, which is why KC etc is used as you can hit as many times as possible in that 30 seconds.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-01 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you guys are missing the discussion here. When you use a weapon with high base damage it does very much add the base damage into account. For example Mkris is 200 damage per hit in a zerg typically and apoc is 400 damage per hit. Obviously apoc still loses but eventually the difference between the zerg HP damage the weapon damage itself is going to skew in favor of the weapon damage because each level up is not increasing HP values as high.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-07-01 13:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

True a Kclub might hit several times with high dmg due to hp, but eventuly with a high enoug base dmg it would beomce equal. The question would be when and how it can be effected
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-01 13:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bano Del Sol or Gtfo.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-01 13:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial 1468: Maleficence (DMG: 51 Delay: 528 Occ. atk. 2-3 times)

I would like to know where these 2 weapons fit in the zerging spreadsheet :)
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-07-01 13:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A super high base dmg weapon will win over time.

But the entire point of a zerg is to pump the most dmg you can in 30 seconds.

So, do both imo.

Have your k-club/m.kris, 2-hr zerg, die.

If the mob is still alive when you unweaken.

Whip out your high dmg scythe and go to town:p
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-01 14:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are still missing the point lol. We arent talking under current standards.

Question:

Zerg damage is comprised of two parts; Melee damage and soul eater damage. Soul eater damage is a % of your HP and melee damage is a function of your weapon. When does the weapon damage begin to out weigh the soul eater damage enough to beat KC/MK. Currently no weapon exists to my knowledge that can do this but eventually because our HP values arent sky rocketting and base damage weapons are, it will inevitably happen.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-01 14:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oa3x should outdo Fortitude Axe and potentially Bzagh but still be below the onehanders. OaT will be below Fortitude Axe. Apoc I would estimate to do below Fortitude Axe.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Jewkitten said:

So, do both imo.

Go to town with weakened speed reduction, no SV buffs, Haste if you're lucky?

lolwat

The zerg will be over by the time you're able to get back in there, much less contribute even quadruple digits post-Raise.

For Exc, not sure. Base damage is scaling up a lot faster than HP, I'd certainly expect KC zerg to lose a bit of its luster in the coming months.
 Sylph.Bowserx
Server: Sylph
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2010-07-01 14:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Jewkitten said:

So, do both imo.

You missed the point also though what they are saying is Kclub/Mkris do about 200ish a hit with souleater as apoc does around 400ish with souleater

What they are getting at is , at some point the base dmg of the new weapons are increasing more than HP is so hitting less times in 30 seconds but with higher dmg reutrns will eventually out do Mkris/Ridill/Kclub and other zerg weapons.

I can see maybe Mkris/Ridill getting out done eventually but not Kclub , unless they add a new 2-8 attacks weapon with a higher base dmg Kclub will remain the king of zerg weapons.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bowserx said:
You missed the point also though what they are saying is Kclub/Mkris do about 200ish a hit with souleater as apoc does around 400ish with souleater

What they are getting at is , at some point the base dmg of the new weapons are increasing more than HP is so hitting less times in 30 seconds but with higher dmg reutrns will eventually out do Mkris/Ridill/Kclub and other zerg weapons.

I can see maybe Mkris/Ridill getting out done eventually but not Kclub , unless they add a new 2-8 attacks weapon with a higher base dmg Kclub will remain the king of zerg weapons.
Assuming you're not bringing a DNC, Apoc is running a much higher haste value (78.75 to 80% instead of 68.75%) and can also WS.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-01 14:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not taking delay into account. I would say the KC is in a class of it's own considering the number of times it is possible to attack with per round. But the ridill and m.kris can only do 2-3 per round. So I would think if base damage is higher with a weapon that does hit 2-3 times per round, that it would make that weapon better than those weapons. Now I am not but sure how much delay and such would change this. But I figure if you do enough damage per hit (with 2-3 hits), even if you have to wait just slightly longer between rounds, you would at some point come out on top.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-01 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bowserx said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
A super high base dmg weapon will win over time. But the entire point of a zerg is to pump the most dmg you can in 30 seconds. So, do both imo. Have your k-club/m.kris, 2-hr zerg, die. If the mob is still alive when you unweaken. Whip out your high dmg scythe and go to town:p
You missed the point also though what they are saying is Kclub/Mkris do about 200ish a hit with souleater as apoc does around 400ish with souleater What they are getting at is , at some point the base dmg of the new weapons are increasing more than HP is so hitting less times in 30 seconds but with higher dmg reutrns will eventually out do Mkris/Ridill/Kclub and other zerg weapons. I can see maybe Mkris/Ridill getting out done eventually but not Kclub , unless they add a new 2-8 attacks weapon with a higher base dmg Kclub will remain the king of zerg weapons.

Thank you for explaining what I meant lol. Perhaps my wording was confusing.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-01 14:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If apoc would be hitting at 400ish and kc/mkris do 200ish than Apoc would need a massive dmg boost to be anywhere close to kc, and that boost would need to make it hit for 500+ per hit... atleast i'd think so lol, I'm not a genius to figure the formula of how much dmg Apoc would need to beat atleast Mkris :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-01 14:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

According to raens guide, Mkris with /drg and buffs yields about 51 hits in 30 seconds for 200 damage each or so.

51x200= 10,200 damage in 30 seconds average.

Apoc would be:
513-85%(haste cap)= 76.9/60= 1.2 seconds per attack round

30secs/1.2 seconds= 25

25x 400 damage = 10,000 damage.

Obviously this is not very accurate math and I'm sure there are errors but its an aproximation. The longer the zerg would go after blood weapon wears the higher I think apoc would be. I'm in no way saying this is accurate but that's my "theory" so to speak atm.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd probably reach closer to the 15k range using those figures. JA delay is approximately 2 seconds, weapon delay is 109 with 78.75% haste (102.6 with capped) so you're only giving up ~1.1-1.17 hits per WS, you can Med -> Sekka-> Cata -> Guillo (or reverse) to start and you'll get ~3 more WS in before BW wears (can refresh Cata on the last one).

EDIT: cap is 80%, so you'd have to rework your numbers around that fact then add WS in. ~12k as a more accurate figure.
 Remora.Sei
Server: Remora
user: Nui
By Remora.Sei 2010-07-01 14:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

http://tubbers.livejournal.com/7576.html
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc is notably absent from that posting.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-01 15:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is from...somewhere. It's old and I don't know if it's completely accurate. I'm sure someone else here can tell just by glancing and I'm too lazy to read through it all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 15:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is WS damage accounted for in that spreadsheet? Apoc's new base damage?

EDIT: nvm, not your work. I'm willing to bet Apoc is severely underrated by that spreadsheet, even pre-update. It should be fairly close to MKris by some rough math.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-01 15:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc, that's from when total 80% haste cap first came out.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 15:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Fairly old then.

KC hit/round value looks a little high to my eyes, but I'm not sure that was ever parsed with any seriousness so I can't really bring any concrete data to the table there.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 15:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I probably should have asked before now.

How does SE fare against the new content? If the new NMs and WoE mobs build resistance it's a moot point and Apoc wins by default.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-01 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why I thought the cap was 85% o.O
By darkchildv86 2010-07-03 13:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

my ls had a novel idea when we did Nyzul and i m kinda wondering if it will work in other situations. i was drk 75/sam full db merits etc. what we did was used SE without a zerg haste deal. basically i would WS with body boost the sam would sekka ws and pass me tp i'd get cure bomb close light or drk tp wing cure ws. i would do about 2k a WS and i know i can and have hit harder on gods or HNM. what im saying is can you spam enough TP to equal a zerg or serpass it?
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-05 17:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Is WS damage accounted for in that spreadsheet? Apoc's new base damage? EDIT: nvm, not your work. I'm willing to bet Apoc is severely underrated by that spreadsheet, even pre-update. It should be fairly close to MKris by some rough math.

Well none of them account for WS damage. They also dont account for when blood weapon wears off. The second one being a massive drain on MKris damage even with cure bombs.

Raen sent me a PM and I just now got it almost 9 days later. Hence the bump on this thread. He seems to think it would fall below fort axe but that's assuming you use identical gearsets. Obviously you're going to use Brutal earring with apoc, you're going to use a lot more HP gear(cause you have max haste a lot easier), and you can WS which stacks on top of soul eater so you dont lose HP.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-05 17:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

darkchildv86 said:
my ls had a novel idea when we did Nyzul and i m kinda wondering if it will work in other situations. i was drk 75/sam full db merits etc. what we did was used SE without a zerg haste deal. basically i would WS with body boost the sam would sekka ws and pass me tp i'd get cure bomb close light or drk tp wing cure ws. i would do about 2k a WS and i know i can and have hit harder on gods or HNM. what im saying is can you spam enough TP to equal a zerg or serpass it?
No. You'd need somebody passing you TP every 2 seconds to even have a chance, and given that 1) you can only do that for so long 2) the potential for human error is massive under such circumstances and 3) it's damage they're not doing as a result, a standard zerg strat will be far more efficient and also more damaging as time goes on. It's also far more durable since your damage is ironically less concentrated.