King Arthro Question
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-01-05 00:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a Nin/dnc solo King Arthro and kill it before rage mode?
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-01-05 01:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you'd be able to do enough DMG, but I've never tried or witnessed, you might could duo it if you were in a ton of haste gear... hmm~
[+]
 Bahamut.Danagon
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-01-05 04:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

imo not enough DMG happened if got a SAM to help then hell yeah
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-05 05:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen it done by a very notoriously good Ninja on our server, with very respectable gear and Kikoku. Don't know about even "the near best" Ninjas though, he took 22 minutes to kill.
 Cerberus.Toabea
Server: Cerberus
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-01-05 05:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the NIN's on our LS was talking about this yesterday, apparently with the right gear, a NIN can solo him in about 17 Mins which is before the rage timer goes off. This is just what he said though, I personally have no idea because I'm a mage lol =P
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-01-05 08:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes a decent gear'd Nin can Solo this its Soloable by mulitable jobs, Inc Sam Rdm Mnk
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-05 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, a WHM/NIN in my LS solos it on a regular basis (when he can get claim =p lol)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-01-05 10:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

no.

Basically, for the MOST part, impossible to solo, outside of using medications (hi-potions, etc) as well as your NPC, as a high-damaging job (Warrior, Monk, Dark Knight, Samurai, Dragoon... possibly Blue Mage?).
[+]
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-05 10:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The NIN I was referring too isn't what you'd call a heavy DD. Also reading the comments above it seems several people agree that you can. If you were to theoretically multiply this to a game-wide estimate, I'd say that saying "It is, for the most part, impossible" would be grossly inaccurate?

Also, typo above, a NIN/WHM, not a WHM/NIN sorry ^^;
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-01-05 10:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ive seen with my own eyes a jp thf almost primely geared minus a relic solo KA with an npc. I wanna say he used blau+rdl.

regaurdless thf is far from the best damage in comparison to other jobs, so i wouldnt be surprised if a farily well geared NIN with some skill could pull it off.
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-05 11:00:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Seen a lot of people solo it, usually NINs, SAMs, THFs. Some without NPC.

It's not that hard, 35000 HP is joke... only problem is dispelling and the occasionnal para you may get.
 Pandemonium.Maxx
user: Maxx
By Pandemonium.Maxx 2009-01-06 23:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, a good NIN/DNC can kill KA, won't be easy but it has been done before. Gear and luck allowing of course.
 Garuda.Fishheadman
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Fishheadman 2009-01-07 00:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is guilly any good on this here crab? and how hard does he hit lol.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-01-07 00:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bungie said:
ive seen with my own eyes a jp thf almost primely geared minus a relic solo KA with an npc. I wanna say he used blau+rdl.

THF/NIN, outclaiming everybody... yeah that's some luck right there. And 35,000 HP, without the defense boost dispelled?

For a commoner, example, that would begin a thread such as this... I wouldn't count on them being able to solo it as Ninja. /WAR with an NPC sounds alot more realistic, but /DNC restricts you almost entirely for the most part.

Impossible is perhaps an overstatement, but hence, "for the most part".
Wooooodum said:
Seen it done by a very notoriously good Ninja on our server, with very respectable gear and Kikoku. Don't know about even "the near best" Ninjas though, he took 22 minutes to kill.

--Somewhat helps grasp the concept, I'd say, although:
Quote:
Scissor Guard - Defense Up (+100% defense boost) Overwrites and is overwritten by 'Defense Down' effect from Acid Bolts.

Can explain how a Thief can do it, atleast.

Edit: To the above, ehh... hits for about 70~ (Protect IV, no serious defense equipment put on though), but I'd imagine would be slightly more accurate on non-far Eastern jobs (or Thieves). Guillotine though, without the defense boost against you, ROUGHLY off the top of my head (when geared atleast correctly) would be about 700~?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-01-07 02:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:

THF/NIN, outclaiming everybody... yeah that's some luck right there.

Me and some other thf's I know have good claim rate on KA as THF/NIN and that include some claims in very crowded moment. Do not underestimate flee+mug, especially at KA. And when we claim we get 2-3k gils right at start to cover our acid bolts and meat food. ^^
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-01-07 03:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Take Note: KA is lv55, Kuf Crabs are Lv60-62!
just posted that 2 give a prospective of the differnce!

His Acc is sh!t (1/6hits?+-)
His Att is sh!t(50dmg+- exc, counterstance)
His -ga's only deal around 100-200dmg(99%oftime) i can't remember what i was taken'ing last time!

MNK wouldnt have any problem with few Hi-Pots, to Solo KA HP Wise untill Rage, Counterstance+Dodge Would Make mnk almost take no Dmg other than the small dmg -ga's he does, witch can be countered with a well gear'd Charka Mnk for 300hp(+-) +200Hp(+-)Regen from it!(merit based)
 Bismarck.Mafai
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Mafai 2009-01-07 08:33:00
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
THF/NIN, outclaiming everybody... yeah that's some luck right there. And 35,000 HP, without the defense boost dispelled?

THF can dispel with acid bolts.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-01-07 09:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mafai said:
Ironguy said:

Someone isn't a fan of reading, are they.

Liquidz said:
Me and some other thf's I know have good claim rate on KA as THF/NIN and that include some claims in very crowded moment. Do not underestimate flee+mug, especially at KA. And when we claim we get 2-3k gils right at start to cover our acid bolts and meat food. ^^

Oh, I don't doubt you could claim with Steal or Mug at times, but you'd have to have it spawn within arms' reach of you basically. That, is something that doesn't always happen. Heck, even Provoke/Animated Flourish isn't enough sometimes (due to popping in the left or right pocket near the water, out of range unless you scram over there in time).
 Seraph.Zavala
Server: Seraph
user: Zavala
By Seraph.Zavala 2009-01-07 09:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Before i got my V-Belt i soloed KA on my MNK/NIN with NPC set as soothing healer. First time it took around 19 min, next two times it landed around 15 min. If you are unlucky though u get claim on a watersday, which makes his waterga spells do way more dmg if he gets u with shadows down. (Should be mentioned my MNK isn't uber geared, well equiped but still not super, imo.)

I've seen some Nin/Dnc try soloin him, but they died at around 40% due to rage mode.
I'm not sayin Nin/Dnc or Thf/Nin with Npc cant solo. but as people mentioned above, they must be really good equiped + merits to be able to do it.
 Titan.Exhile
Server: Titan
user: Clax
By Titan.Exhile 2009-01-07 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

All you have to have is a DECENTLY geared Ninja, and all you need is haste.
I duoed with my Ninja, which is gear pretty well, and my alt. Rdm.
I only used the Rdm to Put haste on me.
Other than that i soloed it.
It's really not too bad.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [332 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Bulleta
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 17:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mafai said:
Ironguy said:

Did we forget about Aura Steal? XD

To say that it is impossible for thf to solo King Arthro is very debatable.

Average player ~> Impossible
Decent player ~> Possible

But this thread was about NIN/DNC <.<

I've solo'd KA without a NPC as NIN/DNC so it can be done.

I've never tried it as thf.

Shouldn't be too hard for someone who can solo Serket as THF.

Seraph.Corleonis
By Seraph.Corleonis 2009-12-05 19:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy @#$%ing necro bump O_o
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-12-05 20:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I look back on this thread just now due to recent topics, to realize what I said originally was mostly clueless, but that was also a good year ago apparently, and I've witnessed many more random job combos kill with awkward equipment.

I wouldn't expect a mediocre Thief to solo the thing, but with an NPC they'd at least be very close, and a THF/WAR with a Ridill spamming Vorpal Blade can (and will) smash it.

Let's just say, if you ever wanted to camp this thing, leveling your NPC just exclusively for it is a good idea, since it most likely frees up your support job (NIN/DNC can go NIN/WAR instead, example). Still, for how good of an item it drops, I kind of wish it were a little bit harder to kill at least.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-05 20:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How are all your guys npcs making such a difference? Mine is like 68 and runs out of mp faster than I would as a thf/sch!!! Hell thing runs out of mp even when I refresh it.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-12-05 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea; I've never had a problem with mine running out of MP unless I was getting murder-raped by something pretty much (in-turn sinking MP like nobody's business).
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-05 20:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol hell even when I'm purposefully keeping my hp high the occasional dip murders my npcs mp. Partly cause the damn thing likes to constantly buff/debuff. Need to give it autorefresh or something.

Then again I don't like resting so maybe I just need to rest every 3-4 fights I guess. Or kill it off and smn a new one lol
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-12-05 21:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

use a tactics pearl, when its out of mp just let it go and cast it back in, it will have full mp again.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL know whats funny this thread is old and got bumped, but when I do it I get called out by some sped of a retard named dracondria.

Get off my ball sack bro... I think you are too attached to them.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-06 01:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference is you posted something extremely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE whereas Bulleta posted information about THF solo. No one gives a ***about the salvage bans anymore and posting in a thread about it saying "that's too bad" is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 02:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No there is not a difference, ^^b so again go *** your self. what you said went out my left ear and through my right.

KV can be soloed by thf well trust me when I say this, one of my dreams of doing.

Oh also idiot. did you know she is a troll that no one likes also? or do you feel stupid. as dumb as you are I did not make a comment ab out here in this thread, so there you have it.. you are the one starting ***with me. So again get off my Nuts I do not go that way.
First Page 2