Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how many she drops per kill? Thanks :D
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-06-26 19:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki has it listed but no info on number -- Just sitting here waiting for Seww to pop :s
[+]
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-06-26 19:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There's not much info on it yet, but it's speculated to be 1-2 like in VNM, but from what I hear the drops aren't guaranteed as opposed to VNM's.

It's a new type of relic/mythic weapon, it's going to take much more time like in dynamis to finish one, possibly months/years depending on the amount of drops + how many times you can enter per week + how many times you find it up.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-06-26 19:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

D: dont ruin my dreams lol Well my LS (Hopefully) will it fairly often so maybe ill have it soon
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Server: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-06-26 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth mentioning that the drops from Tier 3 VNMs aren't guaranteed. ^^; I've seen 3 VNMs drop 0 of the items needed for the Magian trials.

However, my group just killed Chasmic Hornet and it dropped 2 Stingers (for the Kurodachi trial, 1557), so it may be possible Carabosse drops more then 1 at a time!
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-06-26 20:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Kaomii said:
It's worth mentioning that the drops from Tier 3 VNMs aren't guaranteed. ^^; I've seen 3 VNMs drop 0 of the items needed for the Magian trials.

However, my group just killed Chasmic Hornet and it dropped 2 Stingers (for the Kurodachi trial, 1557), so it may be possible Carabosse drops more then 1 at a time!

Oh? I didn't know that. ^^

I've never seen a T3 never drop a trial item before, always dropped at least one for us... must be quite rare.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 10:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

From BG (Cichy)
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-06-28 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

wow only 2?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-28 17:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xynthios said:
It's a new type of relic/mythic weapon, it's going to take much more time like in dynamis to finish one, possibly months/years depending on the amount of drops how many times you can enter per week how many times you find it up.

This. I can't understand why I hear so many people assuming they were going to be easy, and complaining when they find out it isn't. Carabosse is spawned using the key items from Baga Yaga and La Theine Liege (Pixie and Fly NMs that are popped using triggers that drop from their respective family). Abyssea NMs are in a tiered structure, like most systems in this game.

You'd need a linkshell to basically "sponsor" you like Dynamis relic weapons. If the full focus isn't just one Empyrean weapon at a time, you're not going to get any of them done. Get lucky and assuming your linkshell goes in with 3 stones twice a week, and you're probably looking at popping 0-1 a week. If you buy the triggers for Baga Yaga/La Theine Liege instead of farm them, it'd be a lot easier (but these NMs probably take 20 minutes each with 12 people just to kill, and key items aren't 100%, so you'd have to be extremely lucky to get two pop sets in one week). Carabosse herself took 40 minutes with 15 people.

In any case, I'd expect close to 2 gems average a week if your linkshell is incredibly efficient, lucky, and strictly dedicates their limited time in Abyssea for you. The nice thing about Dynamis sponsorships is you get currency for farming AF2 anyway. This would be like doing Dynamis and only fighting statues for the hope of 100 pieces dropping.

Not saying that this will be more time consuming (as in time actively spent, not how much time goes by since start to finish) than a relic or mythic. I mean, you only need 50 of these items. Look at how much currency and alexandrite/tokens/ampoules/wasteoftimeassaults you need for relics/mythics. But you're probably looking at more than just 25-50 weeks since I'm sure your linkshell will want to spend time in Abyssea doing something other than Carabosse. I don't expect anyone to be done with an Empyrean weapon by the time the next update/addon/expansion of trials comes around.