Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Perle
Perle
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-06-24 06:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the consensus on this set? Worthwhile time investment? Offers some fairly substantial bonus at the cost of -1% Haste, hindered by the requirement to wear it all to benefit though.

'Standard': +1% Haste | +7 Acc (Offset by extra DEX on Perle?)

Perle: +16 STR | +8 DEX | +13 Atk | +2% Crit

Could be potentially alot easier to aquire, the legs are definitely a nice stop gap until Homam drops.

Also, Perle wouldn't accommodate these additions depending on how obtainable they are:

Timarli Dastanas
Timarli Jawshan
Ace's Hose

Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-24 07:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some of the pearl pieces are nice..the legs in particular are just fancy..i'd definitely get them first..big ACC+ as well as 2% haste and dex mod/vit mod which are always nice to have
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-24 09:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a very nice set if you are Lacking homam I say go for it, it seems easy enough to attain the set, free haste pants are ftw aswell.

I am Definatley picking up the Helm for my DRG seems like it would be an amazing piece for Jumps.

Depending on ACC the New Timarli body would be a very nice Diabolic Eye piece helping to push you closer to the haste cap.

With Vbelt, Dusk+1/TimarliHands, Turban, Timarli Body,Homam Pants/feet, Blitz Ring youd be sitting on 24% haste in the Diabolic Eye stage... but thats only assuming you have the ACC to support it, could be a pretty nasty combo considering its only 1% haste less than apoc and your spamming guillotine instead of Cata which is a fairly gimp WS to begin with.

With Ace's hose youd be at 25% Haste... but the -10 ACC is really what kills it, even with Diabolic eye im pretty sure you couldnt support that ACC loss.

Just my thoughts on the topic, the Perle set does seem pretty good to go~
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-24 14:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fully buffed on drk 1% haste is about +3% damage, so the question here is -7acc, +18str, +8dex, +12 attack going to be equal to a 3% increase? I doubt it. While some people may argue that the +attack could benefit you in cases where your pdif is floored I would counter argue that you can reach acceptable levels of Pdif with buffs + food, whereas you can never reach enough haste. I think overall though for the average player you wont notice much difference between the two sets unless you're an avid parser.

@ gradius

not nitpicking but I really don't understand why people say cata is weaker than guilliotine. In situations where you have capped FSTR and PDif guiliotine parses at about a 25% increase in damage. Against anything more difficult they are basically equal due to the nature of multi hit WSs being inherintely more accuracy dependent for full damage. For all purposes they parse very simliar values against end game mobs.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-06-29 18:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

the leg peice is quite nice. I would deffenitly want one. Granted im running on dusk atm, so this is a clear winner of the NQ version, plus the main attration of +10 acc!!
 Shiva.Kasui
Server: Shiva
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-06-29 18:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Now we just need a necklace for this set.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 18:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already have the homam, stick with the homam. If you don't have the homam, get the Perle. (assuming you're talking about non-byakko jobs)

Personally, if I were given the choice between either set up... I'd get the Perle myself for DRK or DRG (or DD PLD?) because unless soul eater is the center of attention at the moment, 1% haste doesn't outweigh every other possible stat boost you could have. But I guess we'll need to wait for a parse to see eh?

If you don't like my opinion, cool, gear however the hell yah want.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-29 18:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Individual pieces of this set I plan on using in my Aftermath build for DRK, and remember Graddykins ! Apoc would be at the 25.56% or w/e so 26% haste, which is 2% over but yea, Cata sucks nough said, its a extremely efficient WS, cant argue that, but being a extremely good DD option compared to Guillotine, I dont see how you could compare the two with a straight face. Exc you know if you could get the aftermath with Guillotine on merit mobs you would spam it over Cata.
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 21:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh indeed I would mankey lol. I'm just saying its not as horrible as some people try to make it out to be. Oh well maybe they'll pitty us and make it 40%str 40% int mod at 80 so I can laugh at all those amano sam's WSs. Not holding my breath though :/

Edit: Missed 3 catas in a row on EP lizards in kuftal tunnel just now. *** this weaponskill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-29 22:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i like my ASA legs str2 vit2 acc 7 haste 3 :3
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-30 00:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Mankey Boss o.o
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-30 00:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I will take the head for ws piece on sam, drk, war and drg. Do not have anything better yet. The feet for sam ws piece.
The legs for drk/drg homam not dropping. The legs are also a nice ws piece for drg.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 00:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I may get the head for WS. Though I wonder if it's worth losing the 10 ACC I already get from O-Hat in my set.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-04 00:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
I may get the head for WS. Though I wonder if it's worth losing the 10 ACC I already get from O-Hat in my set.

It would depend on your WS hit rate in respect to your current target etc.

For pure damage, the Perle helm will definitely be better than your 0-hat... unless you really need the accuracy.

Working on an AMKd helm for multi-WSs (champion's Galea) is also a good idea.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 02:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I already have a WS/Spell helm for my BLU from AMK, and I'm not really inclined to change it. Perhaps there's an alternative with similar stats? In any case I'll probably go for Perle.

Edit: I just remembered about those ACC+12/(Combat)Skill+5/ConserveTP+5 Headpieces that came out. Perhaps that may serve as such once we find out how they're obtained.

I'm talking about this of course.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-13 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A little bit of an update on this, Perle has an error on the Salade that places it @ 3% haste rather than the listed 2% haste. That would put the set at 14% haste, The same as Homam+Turban. This changes the game up a bit.

Using my current sets:Using a 501 Delay scythe+ pole grip

(1)Normal Set(current):

6 hit build(swift)
18% haste
+48 acc +9(57)
+12 dex
+13 Att+13.5(26.50)
+18 Str
+7% double attack

(2)W goading belt:
6 Hit Build
20% haste
+46 Acc+9=(55)
+12 Dex
+18 attack+11.25=(29.25)
+15 Str
+7% double attack

(3)Goading Belt+ perle set:

6 hit build
20% haste
+39 acc+15(54)
+20 Dex
+31 att+23.25(54.25)
+31 Str
+7% Double attack
+2% crit

(4)Perle + swift:
6hit build
18% Haste
+41 acc+15=(56)
+20 dex
+26 attack+25.5=(51.5)
+34 Str
7% double attack
2% crit

(5)Perle+goading Vs normal+swift
-4 acc
+8 Dex
+27.75 att
+13 Str
+2% crit
+1% haste

(6)Perle Vs Normal :

-1 Acc
+8 Dex
+25 Attack
+16 Str
+2% crit

So we lose 1 total acc(Dex+acc)
but gain a good bit more stuff.

Now I know this isn't all HQ stuff, but the average Drk should have access to most of the this gear. Adding stuff like E-body and a V belt will make some changes, but the point still stands. Perle should parse

I ran the number with FFXICalc and my findings are:
I used my Drk which is currently 78 Vs 87 with 357 eva
Perle+goading= 412.7 total acc @ 84.8%
Homam+Hauby+1+goading= 413.7 @ 85.3%
Either way we are using food to cap acc.
 Phoenix.Brexx
Server: Phoenix
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2010-07-13 15:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK if its been said in this thread... as it has in others but here goes. Perle set has the same haste as w.turban,homam legs,homam hands,homam feet. This being the case... full perle set even beats Adaburk/turban/3homam sets. As it turns out perle head actually has 3%haste not 2.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 15:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd put the Ebody build above full Perle when you need the 7 extra acc it provides, but not by much... scary how good the new gear is given how easy it is to get. Anything less than an Ebody and full Perle is definitely the way to go.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-13 16:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Adaman+Vbelt+homam(Use Rose strap to keep 6 hit)
6Hit build
21% haste
+49acc+12=61
+16Dex
+21att+12=37
+16Str

Using the perle numbers above

Perle Vs Adaman+Vbelt Build

-1% Haste
-7 acc
+4 Dex
+14.5 attack
+4 Str
+2% double attack
+2% crit rate

With either build you will be using Food.

Perle = 412.7 @84.8%
Adaman= 419.7 @88.3
So a 3.5% acc difference
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-13 16:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'd put the Ebody build above full Perle when you need the 7 extra acc it provides, but not by much... scary how good the new gear is given how easy it is to get. Anything less than an Ebody and full Perle is definitely the way to go.

Yeah I don't have an Ebody for my DRK, but I do have a Hauberk +1... Perle should be better =/

Still, Hauberk +1... I can still use on my multi-hit Scythe WSs. (like guillotine specially which feeds on more attack and accuracy, no crit mods on Guillotine etc.. so the crit+ from perle body also does nothing for Guillotine)
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-13 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no Haste difference. Perle head actually has 3% Haste.

So it's 4.1% damage increase from 7 ACC against 4 DEX, 14-15 ATT, 1 fSTR and 2% Crit rate.

EDIT: Oh, why would you change the belt? There's no point to that. Keep accessories the same and compare the relevant parts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-13 16:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Adaman+Vbelt+homam(Use Rose strap to keep 6 hit)
6Hit build
21% haste
+49acc+12=61
+16Dex
+21att+12=37
+16Str

Using the perle numbers above

Perle Vs Adaman+Vbelt Build

-1% Haste
-7 acc
+4 Dex
+14.5 attack
+4 Str
+2% double attack
+2% crit rate

Actually, Perle has the same haste as Homam X3 + Turban.
 Asura.Steam
Server: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-07-13 16:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

you could just do: turban, nocturn mail/Ebody, dusk hands +1 (or the other % version), bliz legs with 3% and 7 acc, homam feet. Would seem like one of the best things to do if not the best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-13 16:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
you could just do: turban, nocturn mail/Ebody, dusk hands +1 (or the other % version), bliz legs with 3% and 7 acc, homam feet.

True, but not everyone is running around with Dusk +1 hands.

I'm also kinda holding out on finishing ASA add-on because something tells me there will probably be something better for the legs in the next update <.< (I did complete ACP and AMKd though)

Your point is valid though.
 Asura.Steam
Server: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-07-13 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They will most likely screw up more of the previous pieces in the next update but thats still in the future ^.^.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-13 16:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ya'll misunderstood my post.

The adaman set included a Vbelt in the equation. While the perle set had a Goading belt. That is where the -1% haste comes from. Not the set Haste.

I changed the belt to show the difference of your average E-body user, normally they have a V belt. But in doing so you would have to switch to rose strap in order to keep your 6-hit with a 501 delay weapon.

Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-13 16:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And I edited my post to account for that. Why the hell would you do that? 1% haste > 2% DA hands down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-13 17:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
I think ya'll misunderstood my post.

The adaman set included a Vbelt in the equation. While the perle set had a Goading belt. That is where the -1% haste comes from. Not the set Haste.

Why would you make a comparison like that?

I thought this was about comparing Perle set to the other gear options...

If the mix/match set can wear Vbelt... so can the Perle set.

Edit:

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
I changed the belt to show the difference of your average E-body user, normally they have a V belt. But in doing so you would have to switch to rose strap in order to keep your 6-hit with a 501 delay weapon. .

Still don't get why you would "logically" do that...

You need +23 StoreTP for TP and +22 StoreTP for WS for a true 6hit/5hit rebuild with a 501 delay weapon.

You can just do that with: /sam, rajas, brutal, and white tathlum, or chivalrous chain + ecphoria ring, or attila's earring + epchoria ring. And then just WS in: /sam, rajs, brutal, attila's earring for the +22 STP for WS.

It's worth noting that if you're using Guillotine, all you need is +21 StoreTP and you will get to 100% TP in 5hits after a WS. As long as you land at least 3 hits on Guillotine.

Then, of course, if you want the easy true 6hit/5hit rebuild... just put Rose strap on... and you'll have more than enough.

Going back on topic... Perle set has the same haste as Homam X3 + Turban.

And both can wear any belt.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-14 03:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, what this says is: Homam if you like Accuracy, Perle if you like the idea of STR and Attack?
First Page 2 3