Forum » FFXI » General » FARMING
FARMING
 Pandemonium.Anwata
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Anwata
By Pandemonium.Anwata 2009-01-02 16:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

mother effer SE dropped the prices on beastmen blood on those lesser gaylas and i used to farm that ish and now i got no gil and im sad...help me out? lvl 75 thf.

:)
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-02 16:51:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

ISNM, ENM, BCNM, KSNM, NM... like, seriously?
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-02 16:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Craft or fish.

ISNM is easy money, can do one every day if you have the Imperial Standing for it.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-01-02 17:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

*points to the xNM link to the left*
 Asura.Mikerocca
Server: Asura
user: kord
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-02 17:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sell rare/ex ***from sky/limbus/salvage/nyzul/etc...

It's all the rage nowadays.
 Seraph.Kep
Server: Seraph
user: Kepnerd1
By Seraph.Kep 2009-01-02 18:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikerocca said:
sell rare/ex ***from sky/limbus/salvage/nyzul/etc... It's all the rage nowadays.

So lame....but its the truth...if u buy r/ex gear from sky/sea you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE....sky ls's are so abundant now. Free? What?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-01-02 22:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Time is money. Why spend x amount of time earning an item when you can just pay for it? Most sky items don't go for much, don't rely so heavily on you joining an LS with competent players (which can be a rarity in your run-of-the-mill sky LS), and of course save you a LOT of time, which you could make more than the abjuration/item's costing you in anyway, should you choose to spend the time that way.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-02 23:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no1 wanna work for their stuff these days, buy the gil, then buy the gear. pathetic
 Cerberus.Smokedit
Server: Cerberus
user: Smokedit
By Cerberus.Smokedit 2009-01-02 23:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No more farming Bugards in Misareaux Coast. The HQ use to NPC for 16**, now they are 4**. WHY.....
I got other ways to make gil but dam. On the plus side, Oqdan is an easy camp lately.
 Phoenix.Azuzu
Server: Phoenix
user: Azuzu
By Phoenix.Azuzu 2009-01-03 01:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming used to be one of my ways to relieve the stress from work and "omg" i used to be able to make money doing it. Over the past 8months its become a joke. anything that used to be worth spending the time to farm is now overfarmed and the prices plummited, and now that SE has gotten so paranoid with banning RMT's that they've started to destroy the NPC resale prices I've halfway decided to quit. I had my mule account banned for supposed 3rd party involvement, and all i ever did with that mule was have it /follow me in my pt while i was farming for the extra space... on my PS2, meaning i couldnt even be using a 3rd party windower or w/e.... {Good Job!} Square Enix.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-03 01:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle rocks!

Angel skins~
Great to farm.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-01-03 01:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
lol, no1 wanna work for their stuff these days, buy the gil, then buy the gear. pathetic

You're presuming that I have to buy the gil to get said gear.

I was in an LS which did sky for about 14 months and never got certain pieces because of various reasons involving unlucky drop rates and using up my lotting in other places. I would argue that I did in fact invest work to get these items yet never got them.

I could either spend months with a likely amateur LS performing work I have already done, or for a low price (most abjs/items are pretty cheap) finally get the items I worked for. I've done the work and I've got the item indirectly. I do not see the problem here.

For a game with such a large time requirement as it is, it is wise to make the most of your time investment and achieve more.
 Bahamut.Blooodyangel
user:
By Bahamut.Blooodyangel 2009-01-03 07:18:41

you can farm the gil and buy the gear..... why buying? and you can farm buy killing tw mobs while watching a movie... 0 time wasted, you can go with a sky ls to get pieces, AND buy pieces from sky from another ls to cut the time needed to get all pieces

anyway... so SE couldnt be efficient enough to get rid of most of RMTs.... so we ALL have to pay, that is just wrong, a lot of the items they reduced the npc resale price were basic farming items for people who play solo or just like farming, now we have to find other items to farm which increase the competition on those items which affect the prices.... chain of effect? it sucks what they done and i dont think they gonna fix it -_-
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-03 12:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just. Play. The. Game.

All because you can't get gil as FAST as you used to, doesn't mean you can't MAKE gil, period. People have made suggestions--you could follow those, or you can continue farming for gil, with less of a profit than before, but at least it's a profit.
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-03 12:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try farming zones that have mining, excavating, logging around and do both killing and harvesting. Also you can start fishing, that makes gil. Clam digging can be profitable especially considering the mobs drops in that zone. There is a repeatable ladybug quest in (S) you can take advantage of, those ladybugs are an easy kill for 75 thf. Gardening isnt bad either.

If you have some valueable gear you can go ahead and sell it to lvl up a craft. Then you'll make your gil back, get your shirt back, and won't have to farm for gil, just sit there collecting items and synthing in the moghouse, or wherever.
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
Server: Unicorn
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-03 12:42:56

Anwata said:
mother effer SE dropped the prices on beastmen blood on those lesser gaylas and i used to farm that ish and now i got no gil and im sad...help me out? lvl 75 thf. :)

75 THF and Honey or Coerl Skins or Cockatrice meat never came to mind?Theres so much stuff you can farm its silly.But than again it can be very difficult if you do not have the patience for it,once you learn patience the gil will start coming in...but only if you learn patience.Most of the ppl on this thread have already answered tho,like all the KSNM,BSNM,etc.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-04 00:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Zanno said:
You're presuming that I have to buy the gil to get said gear. I was in an LS which did sky for about 14 months and never got certain pieces because of various reasons involving unlucky drop rates and using up my lotting in other places. I would argue that I did in fact invest work to get these items yet never got them. I could either spend months with a likely amateur LS performing work I have already done, or for a low price (most abjs/items are pretty cheap) finally get the items I worked for. I've done the work and I've got the item indirectly. I do not see the problem here. For a game with such a large time requirement as it is, it is wise to make the most of your time investment and achieve more.

I'm not accusing anyone for anything, but by reading threads in this forum (not just this thread) ppl are just plain lazy. obviously ppl do buy gil, or there would be no RMT's, blame it on SE if you want, its still a a person that decides that he/she is gonna buy gil coz its easier and dont take up any time, I just say that it seems to not be far off to buy gil to save time if you are willing to buy gear to save time. idk how it is these days, but couple of years ago on my server, most ls's that did sell sky stuff were RMT's. ppl argued that fact back then, that buying gear from them arent the same as buying gil from them. BS, you give them your gil that they turn around and sell. same thing imo. (again, not accusing you or anyone else of buying sky gear from RMT's, just saying it's been done on my server)
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-04 01:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of something funny from Monty Pythons Holy Grail..

Quote:
Scene 30 ~ Looking for a Shrubber~

Roger:There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing
is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
considerable economic stress at this period in history.

RMT maybe our Pestilence and even though "WE" are all under "ECONOMIC STRESS", LOL, we still continue to peddle on doing what we have to do.. but good job SE, we all know you did what you had to do.. but legitably, i'm sure we will find other ways to make a living!!!

Nice quote though!!! LOL
=D