users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Herculean Slash and
Herculean Slash and
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-22 20:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some Testing on Infernal Scythe and Herculean Slash to see if MAB was a mod. I did each WS Ten Times with just normal Gear on, then 10 Times wearing Abyss Cuirass for MAB +10.

Each Time I did WS with no MAB the numbers were exactly the same.

No MAB Equiped.

Herculean Slash: 265

Infernal Scythe: 297

With MAB +10 Abyss Cuirass

Herculean Slash: 279

Infernal Scythe: 321

This was on Gigantobugards right outside Misraex Coast.

MAB Does seem to effect the WS even though its not that big of a boost...

This is just my testing that I did, im not sure what the exact mods are unless somebody else has done something to test them out?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-22 20:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Im doing RNG to 80 instead of DRK after DRG is there :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-25 01:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

try just loading int and str and mab
then do 10ws at 100% 10ws at 200% and 10ws at 300%
cuz i think its just a increased version of freezebite
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-25 01:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A shame, I had such high hopes for Herculean slash...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-25 01:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ws looks cool, but from what people are experiencing it seems like crap. maybe were getting ws mods wrong..maybe its all chr xD

herculean [ˌhɜːkjʊˈliːən]
adj
1. requiring tremendous effort, strength, etc. a herculean task
2. (sometimes capital) resembling Hercules in strength, courage, etc.
souce: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Herculean

maybe str isn't a mod....maybe its like pure attack or something weird...
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-25 02:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack and STR dont seem to change the numbers of the WS, I have Onyx pants and Feet the attk literally did nothing to the dmg at all.

Screwing around with the only thing ive seemed to get to up the Damage is Magic Attack bonus and even then its a very minor improvement... on BG Kirschy deemed the WS useless. Who knows though it might be broken and not working how intended? Theres also reports saying that the attk down effect isnt working.

I also tried out stacking Dark Magic skill to see if that would effect it, I have 327 total skill atm didnt seem to do anything to the damage ouput.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-25 05:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Attack and STR dont seem to change the numbers of the WS, I have Onyx pants and Feet the attk literally did nothing to the dmg at all.

Screwing around with the only thing ive seemed to get to up the Damage is Magic Attack bonus and even then its a very minor improvement... on BG Kirschy deemed the WS useless. Who knows though it might be broken and not working how intended? Theres also reports saying that the attk down effect isnt working.

I also tried out stacking Dark Magic skill to see if that would effect it, I have 327 total skill atm didnt seem to do anything to the damage ouput.

Went into ballista with a friend to test Infernal since it's supposed to have an attack down effect but it didn't work at all, tested several times and it never gave him any attack down.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-25 05:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Went into ballista with a friend to test Infernal since it's supposed to have an attack down effect but it didn't work at all, tested several times and it never gave him any attack down.

Yea the WS is most definatley broken then, BG has similar reports, Aspir seems to be broke aswell~ Emergency maintenance sometime next week goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-08 15:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was reading up on wiki today and apparently modifier in question now is vit...So i ran out side nethervoid...black cuisses. absorb vit a lesser colibri.
my herculean slash went from avg of 225 to 260...so lol...i don't think this is a real modifier -_-' but paralyze seemed a tad bit more potent with more vitality...but iono. anyone have ideas on this?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-08 21:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Black Gear will only increase the time of the Absorbed Stat, it doesn't increase the amount taken.

I Believe its +10 Second increase per piece.

Even if VIT is a known mod... I really doubt that will help the WS be worthwhile just seems really lame that SE would give us a lv 80 WS and make it suck...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-08 22:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Black Gear will only increase the time of the Absorbed Stat, it doesn't increase the amount taken
yeah I wanted a longer duration to test :D
Anywho went out testing again on lesser colibri..
wore abyss cuirass,abyss gauntlets, nimue's tights, moldavite earring, chaos sollerets, and omega ring
*testing mnd/int* and i know its a lot of MAB...but anywho lol raised the dmg up by 150 :D
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-08 22:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I really doubt that will help the WS be worthwhile just seems really lame that SE would give us a lv 80 WS and make it suck...

I agree it sucks...i was hoping for a good drk WS. But you have to think, all the jobs will probably get 2-4 more WSes by 99, they cant ALL be good
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-08 23:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I really doubt that will help the WS be worthwhile just seems really lame that SE would give us a lv 80 WS and make it suck...
I agree it sucks...i was hoping for a good drk WS. But you have to think, all the jobs will probably get 2-4 more WSes by 99, they cant ALL be good
right...but remember when tachi:rana came out for sam...only thing it was good for was just opening darkness...but if you stack attack can do 1k+ ranas which makes darkness SC's epic...i'm just hoping theres like a secret to this ws is all .__.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-07-08 23:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

im starting to think the main point of these new ws are for the sole purpose that they are magical based.

I dunno for what exactly, but i know that certain dmg whether it is magic, magic ws, or reg ws changes certain things from abyssea mobs. some npc said something about hitting there weakness to expose most treasure blah blah.

Without doing a wall of text, gonna say that maybe these new ws are just a way for a drk in this example to meet this criteria.

Also they have add effect attack down and para, and maybe its enhanced to a greater extent when exposing an abyssean mobs weakness. just a thought ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-08 23:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said:
.... Also they have add effect attack down and para, and maybe its enhanced to a greater extent when exposing an abyssean mobs weakness. just a thought ^^
para activation rate on this ws is crap
atleast from my experience so far
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-08 23:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Infernal gives a nice atk down should focus on seeing if the atk down is just tp based or MAB effects the atk down. We have guillotine and spiral hell, why would we want another high dmg ws? If something starts around 300 dmg even adding mods won't make it's dmg go up much or be worth it, need to focus on the atk down effect which can be nice in certain situations.

Idc about herc slash but gl with that I guess?
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-09 01:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would we want another High Dmg WS?

Maybe because compared to Raging Rush and Kings Justice Guillotine is *** fail in comparision?

Drk needs a Multi-Hit Weaponskill that can Crit, insurgency was just complete fail on SE part... They had a chance to give us something nice and instead shat all over us just like they did with Infernal scythe once again.

I love DRK it will always be my favorite job but compared to what WAR can do with Raging Rush, Guillotine doesn't even compare.

On BG with Kirschy's testing she deemed the new Scythe WS useless, and that's what i'm sticking with.

I really doubt there is some hidden effect, and no Attack doesn't improve it like Rana.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-09 01:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the new WS's seem to be designed for abyssea to trigger Atma Sourcing. That would explain all the shitty AOE and Elemental WS's we get.

It seems to trigger Atma Source you need to strike the target with one of the following

An elemental Weapon Skill of one of the 8 elements
An Elemental Nuke of one of the 8 elements
A physical Weapon skill that Criticals, AOE's, or Multi Strikes.

Still a little finicky on the exact details, Circle Blade Triggered Atma Source once, though there was a vorpal blade before that did not, and a Fire II triggered Atma Source when Blizzard IV did not, so It's either random or dependent on a specific Type.

Anyway, that's the only reason I can see for there being such useless additions

HOWEVER Infernal Scythe has what seems to be a hidden Effect of Cumulative and Volatile Enmity Spike greater than a Cure IV. On Dark Ixion I smashed Ixion with an Infernal Scythe for a whopping thirty-three(33) Points of damage, and after, held hate through a flash, cure IV and finally turned it with another Cure IV from the PLD, more testing is needed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-09 01:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
We have guillotine and spiral hell, why would we want another high dmg ws?

Except Spiral Hell is useless compared to Guillotine for general use. And also the fact that Spiral Hell has no Cratio bonus either...

There is also Insurgency, but that is basically Guillotine -1, in terms of damage.

It would only be logical for us to want to have a new high damage WS for lv76-80+ ...

Why would we NOT want 'another high dmg WS' ?
[+]