Forum » FFXI » General » Finding a job to play
Finding a job to play
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-01 21:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i use to play a while back, i quit and came back but lost my old account. im looking for a job to play, cause i cant seem to decide on my own. class: Mithra,
right now im working on ninja yet again lvl 44 with prolly a mil+ in equip, but other jobs i have are blm 60(which i will NEVER go back to) brd 35 whm thf 37 war30 rdm28 mnk18 pld15 so yea, iono i just cant decide on what to play so any thoughts or advice would be greatly appriciated
 Odin.Synyster
Server: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2009-01-01 22:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

find a job you like leveling, go from there. dont care what other people are gonna say like loldrg and lolpup, enjoy it.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-01 22:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

well its not that its the sitting lfp days on end, cause ive love to lvl thf to 75 and my wife is doing it on asura and shes like 66ish and it took her forever and then some to get there lol
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-01 22:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm if lfp is a concern then jobs i'd reccommend becuase of high invite rate are Pld,Sam,rdm,brd.

Every job has its plus points, personally I dont like pet jobs but love tanking and just fell in love with sam so people will probably suggest a variety of jobs.

Probably a good idea to think about your playing style to find a job you will enjoy: Do you enjoy healing? Do you enjoy tanking? Do you enjoy soloing? Maybe read up on the jobs on ffxiclopedia or something to see if anything interests you.

Hope you find something, good luck :)
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-01 23:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

thank, ive chosen bard for now, do rdm after cause i love to solo and that is the pimp soloer XD.
 Leviathan.Scid
By Leviathan.Scid 2009-01-02 00:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Correction: BST is the "pimp soloer".
Real Correction: Have BST and RDM at 75 if you want to be really be a "Pimp" soloer.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-02 00:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

XD i love bst but i did it to like 49 and it was a pain but that was back in the day, maybe its changed since then but iono
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-02 00:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If all you want is to get to 75 fast, go BRD. took me less than 2 weeks lv 1-75. If you'd rather do something you think is fun, (like thf?)it takes longer but you get more out of it. thf was my first job to 75 and it took me forever, but i enjoyed playing it back then. And you dont HAVE to sit around a lfp, you can make your own pt's. Sometimes ppl just seem lazy, rather sit and lfp 2 days straight than see whats out there and make their own. If you lv THF you'd have a nice boost on the DEX as well, beeing a mithra. good luck
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-02 01:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finding DNC a lot of fun at the moment,the class is so versatile :) They can tank,damage deal,and main heal depending on gear set ups. All the +Evasion and +Accuracy gear can be a bit expensive though depending on your World's economy/AH prices.
 Leviathan.Scid
By Leviathan.Scid 2009-01-02 01:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you EVER want to use another job.. don't level brd. You'll be stuck on it for 99.7% Of events. Its a fun job, but its rather frustrating always being on it.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-02 02:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

XD i assumed id be on bard 24/7 for endgame events, its a given, also as for the makeing parties, i swear to god, somehow, everyone knows when im trying to make a party and theres either no tank or no mage healing class lol. bard isnt that bard, always busy it seems, better then standing there smacking at things i would presume >.> well see how it goes
 Shiva.Easygermany
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-01-02 03:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Which role u wanna play????

Healer??? Level WHM highest Invite rate ever

You want to Nuke and Heal then Level RDM or SCH=>
I personelly enjoy to play SCH in EXP partys and im only 10% Main Healer 10% Support and 80% Nuker to Level 60 and the Spells are Cheap.

All Jobs are good but u need to find out which job u enjoy to play........
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-02 03:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Easygermany said:
Healer??? Level WHM highest Invite rate ever

That stops in Aht Urgan XD

With Level Sync now though WHM can get invites a lot faster, I just normally made my own PT's as WHM ><
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-02 05:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i just want to be able to kill things, altho i know bard cant do much, i intend on useing it for other jobs, get things,merit ect. guess thats what alot of people do so ill try it out. Mainly i want to take rdm to 75 and just bash things(aka run around like a pussy with bio and poison on target lol)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-02 05:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard does a surprisingly good job at meleeing XD

Not something I'd recommend in a PT, but outside a PT it's not bad.

Get a Joyeuse, a dagger (I use Heart Snatcher because I'm cheap >.>) and you're set! Few choice pieces of ACC+ gear and Haste+ and you'll hold your own better than any WAR thanks to Lullaby, Songs and Elegy!
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2009-01-02 05:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

well in my personal opinion i just got hooked up with COR :/ like it more than brd, got brd to 10 in 2 days and cor in 1 day to 12. thats how much i loved it ;/ its VERY EXTREMLY expensive but doesnt scare me im willing to farm >level > dynamis > repeat this cycle
and just a 70 thief 75 rdm here... next is 75 COR :D
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Midnightmemory 2009-01-02 05:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I myself go for fun factor in a job, whatever fits your personality and makes yourself feel very useful, i myself go for the multitasking jobs like PUP, SCH, and COR those jobs are very fun to play as because NO MATTER what people say those jobs WILL fit into just about any situation you'll need.

Yes PUP, people say lolpup but screw them it shows their ignorance to the job itself. Being able to self skill chain for 2800+ dmg and then magic burst your own skill chain for more then the black mages do with AMII with no MP makes everyone turn thier head.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-02 11:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I to am leveling Dancer like Shayala, but as for a subjob only for my Sam, to play around with. Wikia and a few other places I have read says that if you play Nin as a primary job with DNC as a sub, you can pretty much solo anything with the right gear ( and I do mean certian gods..if you can.. Don't quote me.. I'm not here posting this to get flamed, could have misread, I'm only hume!)

But its all what you feel like doing. Freemdom is the best thing about this game... and its all about fun as well! =D
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-02 11:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Midnightmemory said:
Being able to self skill chain for 2800+ dmg and then magic burst your own skill chain for more then the black mages do with AMII with no MP makes everyone turn their head.

HAHAHA wait till i show & tell this to my BLM friend.. I'd rub this into him. Our Blms had to do AM2 on Eardnarche ..Man took us a while but we got him!
 Phoenix.Strongside
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-02 11:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD fun fast easy to level and cheap yadada!!
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-02 11:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongside said:
PLD fun fast easy to level and cheap yadada!!

Fact! lol Plus really handy in lots of situations ;)