users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » B.Subligar Aug: Discuss
B.Subligar Aug: Discuss
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-14 03:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shitty waste of 150k, What do you think forum?
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 03:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think 2 STR will significantly hurt your dps in TP phase since those pants only serve the purpose of ranged attacks (which your AGI will aid) and haste. Not a bad pre-homam/barbarossa piece.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-14 03:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
I don't think 2 STR will significantly hurt your dps in TP phase since those pants only serve the purpose of ranged attacks (which your AGI will aid) and haste. Not a bad pre-homam/barbarossa piece.

Not to mention I could get a strigoi ring or something of the sorts to balance out the loss overall.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 03:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're gonna TP in one gimp piece(Stringoi ring) to balance out the other -2 str gimp piece? I don't see the logic....

Keep for TA macro if you want, but I would get another pair for tping in. -2str won't make a large change in your dps but that is technically bad.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-14 03:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
So you're gonna TP in one gimp piece(Stringoi ring) to balance out the other -2 str gimp piece? I don't see the logic....

Keep for TA macro if you want, but I would get another pair for tping in. -2str won't make a large change in your dps but that is technically bad.

The strigoi was just an idea, Not something I've set my mind to do to balance out the aug, I'd rather just buy b.sub's over and over and keep trying rather than hunt down that ring that isn't worth my time.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-14 03:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Good in RACC macro for quite a while.
The -STR wont really matter at all for TPing- should have dif pants to WS in anyway.
Need to get something better than Bravo, even with augments, once higher level.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 03:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Strigoi is fine for SAM WS and such, but as a thf you are going to have very low acc compared to 2handers so tping in str ring is a terrible idea. I'm sure you already know dex is going to be better for ws too.

GL with the augs, I spam cheap items and in about 20 i've gotten nothing but -stats and +resistance. I would not waste 150k a pop, but if you got the gil go for it.

While unrelated saw you in a flamecore thread, talking about fulltiming AF on certain jobs... tbh instead of burning B.subs i'd buy decent gear for those jobs, as well as work on homam pants. Anything short of 3acc 20ish hp isnt gonna beat them, not to mention I don't think you can get fast cast which is nice bonus for your utsu timers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-14 03:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Strigoi is fine for SAM WS and such, but as a thf you are going to have very low acc compared to 2handers so tping in str ring is a terrible idea. I'm sure you already know dex is going to be better for ws too.

GL with the augs, I spam cheap items and in about 20 i've gotten nothing but -stats and resistance. I would not waste 150k a pop, but if you got the gil go for it.

While unrelated saw you in a flamecore thread, talking about fulltiming AF on certain jobs... tbh instead of burning B.subs i'd buy decent gear for those jobs, as well as work on homam pants. Anything short of 3acc 20ish hp isnt gonna beat them, not to mention I don't think you can get fast cast which is nice bonus for your utsu timers.

I don't full time gear on anything besides SMN, and that's Carby mitts, evoker pants and boots because I dont have a end-game ls for getting +1 af boots, or marduk's shalwar.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-15 22:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why were ppl advocating not caring for the str loss? Str affects Thf like no other job in the game. The reason for this is because daggers got the lowest base damage of all weapons. Any increment or decrement will be significant. If the -str does indeed decrease your base damage (50% chance of happening without taking a target into consideration) it will completely negate the benefit from haste+2 until a much higher value of total haste is reached. You would need close to 40% haste to actually break even.

To get these numbers i used taru str, gcolibri vit and blau/sk. Your are at lvl 50. -str on your lvl will affect you even more. If you were able to increase the corsair's knife base damage by 1, it would increase your dps by 4.7%. You would actually need nearly 50% haste stacked on top of the bravo's and rapparee harness to get the same benefit 4 str (amount usually necessary to increase the base damage of a weapon) would give.

If you are still curious about anything, hit me up on the game (if you catch me lol - i haven't been playing much).
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-16 00:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, this information makes me want to drop my bravo's right now. Time to start farming like crazy again ><
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-16 00:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Laphine is absolutely correct on what he says and does great justice to redhead Mithra. -STR is a big, big deal for THF in the TP phase. Similarly, so is +STR... (hint hint wear a 2nd STR ring when Feint is up, Rajas > 2nd acc ring for standard TP etc).
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-16 01:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Laphine is absolutely correct on what he says and does great justice to redhead Mithra. -STR is a big, big deal for THF in the TP phase. Similarly, so is STR... (hint hint wear a 2nd STR ring when Feint is up, Rajas > 2nd acc ring for standard TP etc).

Working on PM to get done so I can have Rajas lol :P
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-06-16 01:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the Augments items so bad? and the good augments are r/e?

is there a secret to getting good augment items? like day/weather conditions/time to hit chest/TH/Game timer to hit chest/other superstitious beliefs?
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-16 02:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Why are the Augments items so bad? and the good augments are r/e?

is there a secret to getting good augment items? like day/weather conditions/time to hit chest/TH/Game timer to hit chest/other superstitious beliefs?

I hear if you eat a rhino penis while fapping to cesil pictures on FFXIAH.com once you open your next aug chest you should get epix augs
[+]
 Leviathan.Ojor
user: Rojo
By Leviathan.Ojor 2010-06-17 09:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
I hear if you eat a rhino penis while fapping to cesil pictures on FFXIAH.com once you open your next aug chest you should get epix augs
Tested, didn't work.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-06-27 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Ojor said:
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Tested, didn't work.

Darn, I was sure about that rumor... It came directly from FFXIAH staff :\