Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Leviathan Beast coin suppliers
Leviathan Beast coin suppliers
By Helix 2010-06-10 17:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks...is it just me or have we suffered a quiet nerf? I used to could go to Beadeaux and farm a stack of mythril's in say and hour to an hour and a half and a stack of gold in a little over two hours...but not lately!

The last three times I have been here there has been something terribly wrong with stealing coins...no gear changes, i come during the right moon, etc...I know all the old wives tales...

So what gives? Nothing here has changed as far as gear and set up but something has apparently changed somewhere....changed alot it seems

What used to take 1 hour to an hour and fifteen minutes is now taking 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get.

I dont know about you guys but time is money to me and since I (we) am (are) providing a service to crafters by providing raw materials for them to do their thing with...we need to take a hard look at what we are charging for our resources.

If 1.5 hours for a stack of mythril coins used to = 15k gil...well...I think it needs to be looking more like 20k now after the invisible nerf...gold needs to go to 6.5k each or 72k a stack ...crafters dont wail at us...thank SE once again for murdering our time....Our time and your money

Remember...money talks and B.S. walks

Anyone in disagreement?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-11 02:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop farming like a noob ? I believe most of gold beast coins/mythril beastcoin come from chocobo digging and bcnms..
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 02:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Stop farming like a noob ? I believe most of gold beast coins/mythril beastcoin come from chocobo digging and bcnms..

stop being such a *** nugget.
[+]
By Helix 2010-06-11 07:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

stop being such a **** nugget.

Thank you Flionheart

And how is farming noobish? Last I checked farming and crafting only reliable and steady means of income in the game...Someone has to provide raw materials and rescources.

That is unless you buying or duping gil... >.<
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-11 11:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Helix said:
Last I checked farming and crafting only reliable and steady means of income in the game...

You checked wrong, hence why you do a pathetic 30k an hour.

Quote:

Typical noob excuse, did you really think you were doing good money ¿ This is FFXI, 95% of players are noobs, and if one sees you doing decent profit, you will get 10 noobs doing the same thing with twice less profit the week after and so on until the well tarishes. Move on to something else.

Since I pity you, I'll advice you to start with farming kindred seals doing random magian quests or farming EP mobs (like spiders). 30 KS= 250k with royale ramble. I'm not saying it's good money maker, but for you it's clearly zomg 10x better.

Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-06-11 11:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to calm down and use the word 'noob' a lot less.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 11:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he is french.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-11 12:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Borealis said:

Gotta love elitis mentality

Although I partly do agree with him, so he has a point.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 12:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Shiva.Borealis said:

Gotta love elitis mentality

Although I partly do agree with him, so he has a point.

There's a way to say things though. Clearly Pimpchan has the social skills of a melon.

Go back to Wow Pimpchan, it suits you more.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-11 12:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

in order to make farming worth it, you can't focus on one dimension. you're in beadough sp already, farm old helms. farm sheep skins and convert them to sheep leather. check on the nms intermittently. imo though, the slimes are kinda personal taste... if slime oil price is high, they're worth it, but otherwise it works out to be a waste of time. dodge earrings just drop too rarely and aren't worth much any more.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 12:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and btw Ghlin, your end game barding guide is sexy hawt.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-11 12:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of giving advice, I am going to attempt to answer the actual question of the OP:

It has been rumored, with small amounts of backup data, that moon phase doesnt effect drop rate as much as time of year in game. It has been rumored that certain times of year have better drop rates (i.e. around holidays).

Weather rates are greatly effected by time of year, and as complicated as this game is, I do not see why drop rates can also be attributed to time of year.

Now, this is not fact, but simply speculation based on loose facts. This has been rumored but never tested as it would be VERY difficult to actually test. I would say to give it a week or 2 break and see if it picks up when you get back at it.
[+]
By Helix 2010-06-15 21:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice. It's not like I have been totally unsuccessful, I eek out a decent living on the coinage I get.

As I said above, mythril's are 15k a stack and golds are 5k each or so right now and 60-65 a stack. My actual point was that it seems like the drop rate and steal success rate have just dropped off...alot.

What I used to do in a couple hours now takes twice as long, so yeah, it is time to change. I used to farm the gold beast coins off saphire's, platinum's darksteel and ancient and could count on a decent scroll or two to drop (flood, water 3, waterga2 or watega3) and I'd pull anywhere from 20 to 60k each off those plus the coinage.

Long story short, an afternoon or evening mindlessly smashing quadav's would net me a pretty decent day's pay.

I was basically asking if anyone else had experienced this drop off in success.

Thanks for the tips and advice tho, Beadaux has become less than productive it would seem.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-15 21:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Helix said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

stop being such a **** nugget.

Thank you Flionheart

And how is farming noobish? Last I checked farming and crafting only reliable and steady means of income in the game...Someone has to provide raw materials and rescources.

Ignore Pimpchan...he is an obvious herp with low self esteem. He does nothing aside from bash others. Not even a decent member of this forum tbh, but w/e.
[+]
 Leviathan.Terriel
user: Terriel
By Leviathan.Terriel 2010-06-20 00:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Yeah, I'd totally spend 60 BSs to get one gold beastcoin.....If that were the case don't you think they'd be worth far more than 60-70k/stack?

Really though, as a fellow thief and farmer, I've noticed a somewhat significant drop in steal/drop rates in Beadeaux, so it's not just you. Quad helms are still ok, but scroll drops have suffered for sure.
[+]
By Helix 2010-06-20 11:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Terriel, I'm pretty sure I've ran into you a time or two in Beadeaux.

Glad to see it wasn't just me.

This really used to be a honey hole for farming, drops were pretty decent and there is almost never anyone there in the whole zone... so no competition. Once you got up on the top tier, you could get some decent stuff, alot of which npc's for substantially more than it ah's for (not to mention chests gil drops and the 100 gil per kill on turtles). Go in with a near empty inventory and kill everything in sight!

Now it seems like instead of scroll/item drops, they have upped the gil to a constant 100-120 gil per kill and maybe 1 item out of - what - 20 kills maybe? Is this supposed to be our consolation prize for getting bent over and nerf raped?

I lol'd recently on another forum, they were telling someone who was Q_Q'ing about needing gear to go farm...that they could get 20-30k a day and in a month buy their gear...

I was like WTF?!

Before this secret-quiet nerf, I made that in an hour...lmao If I ain't making 100k + a day farming, something is seriously broken somewhere...

just saying...I knew something had changed
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-20 11:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
It has been rumored, with small amounts of backup data, that ...

Are you serious? That's almost as worse as a religious claim :P
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-06-20 12:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

and how long does it take you to get 30 KS's there Pchan? Then do the KSNM runs?
Quote:
Before this secret-quiet nerf, I made that in an hour...lmao If I ain't making 100k + a day farming, something is seriously broken somewhere...

***you can make that in a couple of hours farming ram horns...
By Helix 2010-06-20 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Hell, I never pursued rams cause there was always someone there (guess i know why now) and I'm not an over-camper. I thought I had found a nice, quiet, uncompetitive spot to make a decent (not good or great) game living...Silly me...***I am always all ears on new ideas for earning cash.

The reason I titled this like I did was because that item usually sells like "right now". I have had stacks go before I can get back to the mog house from auction house in Lower Jeuno...I don't know how fast horns sell but coins sell extremely fast.

Nice to know tho. You talking AH sales or NPC'ing them?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 13:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan has serious attitude problems. He already banned from one forum, trying to make it two due to his poor attitude. Dubont can be the same though, bad attitude.
 Shiva.Kasui
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-06-20 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with farming is that it's different for each person's specific tastes, very much similar to crafting.

Are you the type of person that enjoys a constant yet small income of profit, similar to Alchemy and cooking with the creation of Silent oils and various food?

Or are you interested in the chance at larger profit yet possible gaps between these profits, more similar to Smithing and Bonecraft with HQ items?

These are questions that you need to ask yourself before you step outside of town because this decides your farming location. Some are geared towards one type while others are the complete opposite.

You also need to decide how you're going to be farming. Are you farming alone, two boxing, with a friend, or NM hunting? These need to be taken into account to decide if a location or item is worth enough to split amongst friends that you farm with and whether or not to change your destination.

Do you have a craft already that you're looking to use in your money-making scheme? If so, look through your recipes for profitable synths, every craft has them. These recipes you choose will affect and direct you to what farming locations you travel too. Make sure to check the prices that NPC's have though before you farm. Some NPC's sell things extremely cheap that can keep you from having to leave city walls all together to make some quick cash!

Is your AH listing all ready bogged down with items that won't sell? Or do you have 7 slots sitting there collecting dust? Are you willing to wait for profit, or do you need instant gratification? These once again depend on you and your personality.

Make sure to go through these questions, they are very important to maximize your profit. You want to go through whichever method makes you the most money in the time spent farming. Keep a track on an Excel spread sheet, a note book, a napkin, anything! It may seem OCD but if you want to maximize your profit in this game for the time you put into it you must discover what works best for you. If you skip this step, you just tippy toe through profit and will be upset at your gains.

Now, with all this in mind, I'll give some personal examples that I use.

*The Instant Gratification Farming*
-This style expects you to NPC your items for quick gil. In the long run this isn't the best choice for most people, but a temporary patch on your wallet.

Your looking for monsters that you can kill quickly by yourself, that have a quick respawn time, items with high drop rates, and sell well to npcs.

Some examples of this can be:
1) Bugard's in Miseraux Coast. Originally much better before the nerf, they very frequently drop skins and tusks that npc for 200-800G each. They have a 5min repop timer and multiple pops in the zone. They are also located right next to Tavnazia Safehold where you cna quickly recharge your HP as well as NPC your items.

2) Flytraps in Various Locaitons. You can find these monsters throughout many zones, mainly Carpenter's Landing where they have a 5min respawn and 30+ pops! Their leaves, although a lower droprate then some other possible items, NPC for 1,200-1500 G per leaf!

3) Diremites in Pso'Xja. Your looking for primarily Avatar Blood here, a common sought out item in Weskit synths. These bloods npc for 3,600-3,800G per. The diremites in Pso'Xja also drop chips that when given to Cid, provide you with a CCB Polymer which AH's for roughly 20k.

*The Group Farm*
-This style of farming is used when you want to tackle monsters of a higher level with one friend or more, thinking you'll get better drops. Use this site as well as wiki to research. HIGHER MOBS =/= BETTER DROPS. An example of this would be Crawlers inside Crawler's Nest to Crawler's outside in Rolanberry Fields. The lower Berr Grubs have a higher droprate on silk then the Worker/Soldier/Rumbler Crawlers.

Your looking for monsters that give you drops of decent value that can still generate enough profit to satisfy two or more people. If you're able to two box, or are the sole person receiving the items from a nice friend, this MAY be the better route for your farming.

Some examples of this can be:

1) Elder Goobue's in The Boyadah Tree. These monsters are much stronger then their coutnerparts in Zi'tah, checking as DC-VT to 75's, however their drop rate is improved that much. They will next you exp, seals, Moss, Cuttings and especially important, Wisteria Lumber. The lumber npc's for nearly 7k EACH. If you can 2box this, or farm with a friend this is an excellent place.

2) Sea Serpent Grotto Sahagins. This can be said for nearly all Beastment Capitals, but SSG is famous. You will need the Sahagin key to get past the door, but the treasure behind the door is worthwhile if you cna kill quickly and effectively. Behind the door you have Mindgazer's which drop the elusive Hakutaku Eyes that can be bazaared for 10-30k, Dragon Blood from the bats for 40k each, coral fragments from various sahagins for 8k. The main attraction here though is the BRD NM's behind the door. They drop nice maounts of gil, are mugable for roughly 3k and drop various scrolls that NPC from 500G to 4K Each. You'll also be receiving seals and exp while doing this so it works out nicely, however you MUST plan ahead for this. This is not a spot you go to farm when you only have 20Minutes, and not a spot to go when you only have 5 spaces open. If your able to have a second character sit in the zone while you kill monsters and have them near Norg, lot the npcable items and dump as you kill, it makes this much more profitable. Be prepared for links and death as well, once your behind the door you can't walk back through until you get another key.

*The HQ/NM Farm*

-This is the style where you look for the one item that's worth a nice chunk of change, or the NM drop. It takes time, and may not come until multiple, multiple, multiple tries. Make sure to check if this style works for your personality and if you're willing to have patience for a drop to come your way.

Some examples of this are:

1) Angel Skin in Kuftal Tunnel. On the basement map of Kuftal tunnel sits a small pond containing various monsters, one being the Devil Manta. This manta holds the elusive Angel Skin which nets you 400-800k depending on your server. It takes time to pull up with your fishing, and may not drop, but it's a nice chunk of change if it does. Bring along a darksteel ore during down time to pop Phantom Worm from the nearby ??? for an extra chance at Phantom Tathlum, as well as Yowie popping nearby.

2) Money-HNM's. These types of NM's are considered HNM, but aren;t too challenging. Serket, Bune, KA all fit this category as they have the potential to drop nice items gil-wise and are easily soloable-lowmanned by friends.

*The Consumable Approach*

-Every craft has item's that are used for many recipes that need to be restocked frequently. Become a supplier to this market and you're guaranteed constant profit. These items generally sell for less then some of your big-ticket items, but generally drop quickly.

Some examples of this are:

1) Silk Thread from Crawlers. Rolanberry Fields, Crawler's Nest, Maze of Shakarami, Pashlow Marshlands are all great spots with many crawlers. Thread is always in demands and generally nets you 10k profit per stack.

2) Beastment Blood from Poison leeches. The infamous Pashlow Marshlands is home to this farming spot. Located in one cluster are crawlers, bees, and leeches. All dropping items that are sought after by crafters. Utilize this spot for beginning your farming career to maintain income.

3) Spider Web from Spiders. An extremely fast seller, often selling before you get back to your mog house. It was once worth alot more before Aht Urghan came out. With Aht Urghan Attercrops right outside and a nice drop rate, these are worth 2-3k depending on your server.

*The Crafting Approach*

-This approach comes from your own crafts and skills. What did you learn as you leveled? Hopefully you didn't follow a guide solely, but took the initiative to look through recipes for other items to make. This will have given you a heads up on synths to steer towards away and to. Use this information now, go back to your roots. What did you synth on? What were you buying? See if the items you once bought are profitable to sell and fuel other's crafts.

Some examples of these are:

1) Fishing. If you can't make money with fishing you're doing it wrong. You can NPC fish for profit, as well as sell some on the AH for nice profits.

2) Goldsmithing. Use the guild to your advantage.

3)Woodworking. Shihei, the most common Ninja tool used can bring in profits.

4) Alchemy. Holy Water will never fail you and guarantee you profit without ever leaving the city's walls.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasui
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-06-20 13:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully my short guide that I came up with in about 15 minutes can help you and future people with your situation, as well as create new farming spots to pop in your head. Don't limit yourself to these as these are very basic, unimaginative spots. If you apply this thought process though to other locations, you are more than likely to come up with better locations and styles that fit you well.

Laterz~

Edit: Copy and pasted this from another farming post I answered to in hopes of helping others who are looking to make money.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 13:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice
By Helix 2010-06-20 13:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemme rephrase that...

I prob titled that one day when I was half loaded (maybe fully loaded!) and was agitated by the crappy drop rates and current prices. Be that as it may, it did draw in some attention, some fresh ideas and a little confirmation of what I suspected...

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I have made more than one post on here while knocking back Cape Cods...I think I need to attach a breathalyzer to my keyboard....lmao

Thanks for being cool folks
By Helix 2010-06-20 13:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol...I don't know if he remembers, but I know Dubont from years ago on Remorah from "Last Chance" link shell...he's harmless...I think he might be a Goth...(j/k)

And thank you very much Kasui, that was awesome. Some of those things I do and some I have never even thought of. Don't get me wrong, I'm not broke and destitute. I just like to maximize my gil per hour return on time invested. I avoided crafting like the plague for a very long time, but since i capped out merits on my fav job, I have taken up the mantle. I have joined all the guilds so that as I farm, I can synth some of the stuff I get into something more valuable/stackable.
 Leviathan.Terriel
user: Terriel
By Leviathan.Terriel 2010-06-20 23:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Great resource, Kasui! I actually have tried several of the aforementioned farming spots (SSG, Beadeaux, Kuftal), however I'm of the type that gets bored quickly, and thus cannot stay in one location for too long (~2 hrs/session). I do have all crafts at 20+, many at 40+, and also have MH set up for desynthing, so I'm able to take advantage of the otherwise useless drops from the beastmen.

As for my own addition to the list, I also occasionally hit up Castle Oz for the Conquistador elemental Ni scrolls, as well as the BLM scrolls from the Yag Prelates. For those camping for Sarutobi and Ochimusha stuff, the crawlers around the area drop lots of white rocks and silk threads.

For quick gil for FFXI freshmen, Wild Onions in the Outer Horutoto Ruins are always great. With TH2, you can easily get 8-16 onions per round, with a 8 min repop time. At currently 12k/stack, that's FAST money.

I'm sure there'll be a few more spots I can think of later, but too late at night now. ;)
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 23:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Helix said:
Lol...I don't know if he remembers, but I know Dubont from years ago on Remorah from "Last Chance" link shell...he's harmless...I think he might be a Goth...(j/k)
yea helix I remember your *** lol after Iron Tower or was it Stone Tower? anyway, after that LS we kinda quit talkin bro >.> I miss Last Chance. Been talking to Yabeeyo...I wonder if we could get the old people back for 14?
 Leviathan.Snomm
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-06-20 23:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to do with the thread, but hello Helix and I remember Dubont from Remora too
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 23:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Remora ; ;

Edit: Draylo I do NOT have an attitude problem!!!!!! /nerdrage
 Leviathan.Duriel
user: duriel