Since The New Anti-RMT Tools Came Out......

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Since the new Anti-RMT tools came out......
Since the new Anti-RMT tools came out......
 Asura.Mikerocca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kord
By Asura.Mikerocca 2008-12-30 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not confuse king camping with lesser HNM camping.

As far as the dynamis thing at 2am...yea...he joined the shell and probably should have known that dynamis was at 2am in his time zone. If he joined that shell I'm sure the leaders just assumed he was ok with it. I'm 99.99% certain if he said "Hey guys, I can't do stuff that late" no one really would have cared. People like to be dramatic and make it sound like end game stuff is the devil just because they A) weren't good at it, B) didnt fit with their goals in game/playstyle, or C) couldn't handle it.

However, the LS may have been based in a different time zone, and 2am in your time zone may be their prime time--in which case, your brother joined the wrong linkshell.
 Asura.Vehement
user: vehement
By Asura.Vehement 2008-12-30 13:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

HNMs allowed me much more time to do other things because you know what time you've gotta be on, and can afk between windows to do other things, and yes, you'd see a different variation of people playing during the holidays. I think we have a very fair point/drop system.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2008-12-30 13:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So am I to take it that if you don't like the rules of a particular HNMLS, start your own lolHNMLS?

Really lets not confuse things, atleast for me when I hear that term... HNMLS refers to camping the NQ/HQ Ground Kings and other select HNM (Bune, Serket, Cassie, Khimaira, Cerberus). Other events i.e. slavage, die-en-masse, in-her-jar, lolSky, and lolSea usually have their own distinct shells seperate from a true HNMLS. And when I say usually, it's NOT common practice for a hardcore HNMLS to have times scheduled for those events and so they may establish sub pearls for those events.

Honestly endgame is what you put into it, if you don't like it move on. And really SKILL > Gear. Remember a galka blm wearing full morrigan set, is at best just a meh hume blm.

(ps. the galka thing was a joke, please don't flame me ^^)
 Asura.Mikerocca
By Asura.Mikerocca 2008-12-30 15:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Male...

Having numerous pearls is annoying and stupid. The only thing that you might have a separate pearl for is dynamis, if you team up with another shell (ie; Remedy + Eminence = Void), or Salvage. HNMLS is a pretty generic term that implies you camp ground and toau kings. Most of linkshells have a prime time rotating schedule to do events such as einherjar, limbus, dynamis, sea/sky, etc. Usually those events are skipped if a king window is during the scheduled event time.

So, if its 7pm on a Tuesday, you might be doing Limbus, unless of course Fafnir or some other window is open...in which case you are camping. Salvage, Nyzul, and other low man things usually are not linkshell operated and have to be done in a person's free time. So yes, if you want to do those things you might not be able to exp your precious 30 BST.

So when you said it's not common practice to have scheduled events--it actually is.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2008-12-30 17:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Mike...

HNMLS might be generic for newcomers like our esteemed Korp. However, I've been around long enough to see the rise and fall of several shells that operated in that endgame space. Again my comments were couched in terms of what I thought when I heard the term, since I can remember when HNM only meant ground kings and the like because that's all there was before the other areas. All I was trying to do is reclaim the term and restore it to its right and proper usage...

I agree that having several pearls for different events is annoying, stupid and inventory -1 however it's what's done. There are event shells focused on endgame content and really people do it for what you wrote above, simply some folks just want to pick a la carte what they want to do, and be certain that their calendar is set without having to be concerned over whether a particular window is open and they have to go rushing off to do something else where they may be held hostage for several hours or not.

Really I'm just trying articulate that there's a difference between an "endgame" shell that may do several things and maybe camp HNM too (provided there's a ToD) & hardcore HNM shells that only do HNM and where members understand that all other events are secondary to a camp. In effect I'd rather people split the terminology where the words "Endgame Shell" encompass the former activities which are themselves steady, regular and calandered and "HNMLS" which encompass the latter where events are floating and members need to be ready to move out at a moments notice. Were it so, it SHOULD be that easy for people to understand what they are getting into.

Main point, to lump everything together and just call all shells that do events for players with 75 multiple jobs in search of loot and whatnot HNMLS is a misnomer. To employ a generic term does everyone ill service.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-30 19:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Main point, to lump everything together and just call all shells that do events for players with 75 multiple jobs in search of loot and whatnot HNMLS is a misnomer. To employ a generic term does everyone ill service.

That is exactly what an HNMLS is.

A dynamis linkshell does dynamis.

A limbus linkshell does limbus.

A ground linkshell does ground.

A sky/sea linkshell does sky/sea.

A HNMLS does everything.
 Asura.Mikerocca
By Asura.Mikerocca 2008-12-30 21:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:
Malekith said:
That is exactly what an HNMLS is. A dynamis linkshell does dynamis. A limbus linkshell does limbus. A ground linkshell does ground. A sky/sea linkshell does sky/sea. A HNMLS does everything.

Give that man the $10,000.

Also Korpg isn't a newcomer, Male...it's what makes things funnier.
 Remora.Devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-30 23:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't even have sea access. That forbids him from getting into most hnm linkshells.

He may not be a newcomer, but he isn't exactly some veteran when he has not even had the chance to partake in all of the end game activities.

Even if he has been playing forever, he has some personal problems when he can't find a hnmls that he likes. People usually have a shell or two that they don't like, but only certain type of people find themselves unable to fit in anywhere. I'm sure there is some server out there that has a hnmls that he would like.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-31 05:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:
He doesn't even have sea access.

That won't be true for long. I just never had the want or need to get sea access up until my BLM got to 75.

According to usual standards (to some, this might not be true) I'm not a newcommer, I was a beta-tester for XBOX 360 version which got me to love this game so much since. I don't like HNMLSs period because they "require" too much of my time for me to do what I really enjoy, which is either exp parties, soloing Roc/Simurgh, helping my friends out, doing missions (this became true lately), BS/KS farming, or generally seeing what I can do to make my WAR/BLM/SMN better. I enjoy soloing a lot, and I would hate it when my shell required me to do something that would interrupt my alone time because if I don't do it for them, they would kick me out. I would never put myself in that position.

I have been in an endgame LS once, that wasn't that bad. I have, however, heard of what goes on behind the scenes in some of the major HNMLSs that was around at the time. Some of the things made me wish that those players would just stop, either playing or existing. But thats my 2 cents on the matter. I am very famous on my views, which I do talk about in previous situations, and am very vocal about those views. Which is why I probably would never be allowed into any HNMLSs or most of the bigger endgame LSs at all.

Nice to see, however, that the asshats still think their ***smells the sweetest in the server. Doubt I could change that, but at least letting them "flame" me has proven my point to those who would read this. Shows what type of people they really are, and all that.

But thats besides the point.

And since I know I'll never get an answer to my question after this anymore, might as well be the "flame Korpg" thread, for all I care.

So, in the words of an American Comic Book character: "Flame on"
 Remora.Devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-31 07:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You come into a thread insulting end game linkshells and people in them, what do you expect? People not to get offended?

People like you, with your views, are a dime a dozen. People hate, and for all sorts of reasons. I've heard it all.
 Asura.Mikerocca
By Asura.Mikerocca 2008-12-31 08:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You start this thread by insinuating that end game LS members/leaders participate in RMT, bot, and are involved in other shady dealings--if anything you started flaming on thousands of unnamed players who didn't really deserve it lol.

I have news for you, usually its people that don't participate in end game who tend to RMT much more. Nothing makes me laugh more than the WAR with a hauby +1, 2 sniper rings +1, Exorcist Hose, and WAR AF1 hands and feet.

Then you start talking like you actually know what it is you're talking about and dig yourself into an even deeper hole. Not satisfied, you decide that you're going to share your trite views on why it is you hate HNMLS's...views that we've all heard dozens of times before and don't really have any relevance. I don't know...most end gamers don't seem to be bitter at the people like you who spend their time exping or shouting to each other in whitegate, so why do people like you berate us for choosing to spend our time camping HNM, Korpg? If what we do is so stupid and unnecessary then why even dwell on it?

I had no intention of flaming you but you kind of brought it upon yourself...which nameless "end game" LS were you in anyway, Korpg? And don't say Dark Hope--doing sky a few times a week isn't exactly end game.
 Sylph.Linkk
Server: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2008-12-31 09:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread doesn't deserve a real comment. Instead, I will give the only comment it truly deserves.

LOL
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-31 15:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Hope did sea runs also, had their own dynamis/limbus shell, and did camp a couple of HNMs which wasn't required for their people to attend.

And again, you misunderstood me, I don't berate the members themselves, I berate the leaders/admins who take advantage of the members. I also know that those said leaders bot/engage in RMT also, because they openly admit way back when it was "cool" to admit it that they bot/gilbuy.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-31 16:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Attacking a LS's leader w/o any hard evidence is an attack on the members of the LS itself. The leaders are the main member in their respective shells usually, and thus are the main representatives. So saying the leader does RMT or is unfair is saying the LS itself is that kind of group.

I've had "bad endgame" experiences but they were only with small "starter" shells. I don't really see how any corrupt leaders could get anywhere with a shell as large as a HNMLS.

If you attack people you don't know, you're not going to make anything but enemies. Before you attack others you should at least have some evidence to support your theories. Just because so and so said that someone was cheating doesn't mean they were. If it were that easy tons of people would have been banned over whims.
 Remora.Devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-31 18:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
And again, you misunderstood me, I don't berate the members themselves, I berate the leaders/admins who take advantage of the members.

Oh no, those poor innocent souls who are being taken advantage of by the big bad leaders. They are stupid sheep being led around, but you know better don't you?

Korpg said:
Thats the problem about EG LSs (SML, Remedy, 24/7, the old loltribe) is that they require you in their application process to: A) not have a life, B) not have family, C) always live in FFXI, D) always do what the leaders want you to do regardless if it benifits you or not.

You aren't berating the members themselves, you are just saying they have no life, family, live in ffxi, and do what they are told.