I cant be the only one wishing SE would add a trial to augment my Joyeuse. lol
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-28 16:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

its likely they'll do something, they;ve already said they'll expand it to current items.. but surely you'd have to make sure it was "the" perfect augment to have with it.. and you know it'll be something like

"kill Pandemonium warden x4" whilst using /brd and using only a solo dagger whilst naked"
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-28 16:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot doing mythic ws killshot of at least 1k dmg while under weather and day while facing direction
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-05-28 16:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"While system and game balance concerns make it unrealistic to allow all existing equipment to be augmented through Trial of the Magians, we intend to expand the system in such a way that players' most precious acquisitions can stay fit for active use long after the level cap has been increased." - Dev. team regarding what equipment will be available for Trial of the Magians.

While certainly just speculation, based on the above I sincerely doubt that the pool of existing items which can be augmented through Trial of the Magians will include NM drops. Perhaps I'll be proved wrong, but my guess is that if the weapon or armor doesn't come from an endgame event, it's probably out. In additional to relics and mythics, my guess is that we'll be able to augment AF2, Homam/Nashira, Abj. gear, Nyzul gear, Salvage gear, and maybe AF+1.

Maybe Square Enix will turn around and surprise me with the range of equipment available for Trials of the Magians come June, but I sincerely doubt it.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-28 17:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

we will probably only be able to augment defense on those things! lolz
 Odin.Jryan
Server: Odin
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2010-05-28 17:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

X's knife augment is what I wanna see. Magian is also the perfect opportunity to make Y and Z weapons useful.

However, I believe this won't happen because SE probably doesn't want people to pine over old weapons that have been out for years. Rather waste your time with weapons that are bran spankin' new.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-28 17:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
First born sounds easier~
Sold