Forum » FFXI » NMs » Krabkatoa question
Krabkatoa question
 Lakshmi.Malicious
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-21 18:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumor has it Chakra removes his poison, has any one tested this and if so, would it work if /MNK were used?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-21 18:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to go ahead and say Chakra does remove the poison. I'm not sure or anything but it removes all other poisons. But it is on a 5 minute recast so it seems to me like having a dedicated SCH with Accession+Poisona would be more feasible.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-05-21 18:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chakra
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-21 18:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm going to go ahead and say Chakra does remove the poison. I'm not sure or anything but it removes all other poisons. But it is on a 5 minute recast so it seems to me like having a dedicated SCH with Accession Poisona would be more feasible.

The poison is uncurable by the spell poisonra and antidotes, 50 a tic poison for everyone ^^b
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-21 18:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is, who would bring mnk to krabkatoa? lol.

(This is coming from a mnk main, I love this job, but it's pointless bringing a job that isn't suited for a situation to that situation.)

Maybe with the 99 update mnk will get better on HNM, for now I still love using Hundred fists to zerg.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-21 18:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm going to go ahead and say Chakra does remove the poison. I'm not sure or anything but it removes all other poisons. But it is on a 5 minute recast so it seems to me like having a dedicated SCH with Accession Poisona would be more feasible.

The poison is uncurable by the spell poisonra and antidotes, 50 a tic poison for everyone ^^b
Oh, right. Sorry. I quit long before these VNMs were added.
 Valefor.Thioo
Server: Valefor
user: Thio
By Valefor.Thioo 2010-05-21 18:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea if Chakra will remove it although people said remedies do, and I've heard of some low-man mnk tanks just takes awhile so it's not like it's completely out of the question.
 Lakshmi.Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-21 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't claim to know if this works, but from my reading, I wanted to find out from others what they thought as well.
However if this is a feasible strat and if it works with /MNK, then I would have to think DNC/MNK might be a potentially useful jobset for this as well, and maybe even lower the potential hate on the mages present as well as possibly stunning some of the moves by the crab, or being able to jokevoke after the hate reset move. Not to mention the can cure themselves and possibly use Fan or Saber dances respectively.

Krab Strat
 Lakshmi.Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-21 18:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

(This is coming from a mnk main, I love this job, but it's pointless bringing a job that isn't suited for a situation to that situation.)

Maybe with the 99 update mnk will get better on HNM, for now I still love using Hundred fists to zerg.

Yeah, lord knows we would want to find a way for you to be useful on something besides Bard right?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-21 19:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Malicious said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Yeah, lord knows we would want to find a way for you to be useful on something besides Bard right?

I don't know whether this is being snarky or just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-21 19:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard it works, haven't seen it in action. Mainly just solo/duo'd Krabkatoa. Anyway, Venom Shower isn't the biggest threat to a full group, it's Mega Scissors Hate erase that can make ***a lil tricky.
 Lakshmi.Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-21 19:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it depends on if you are actually doing research on the strategies Flion or just posting for the fun of it.

The question wasn't out of the blue, no pun intended, it was from researching various strategies and finding the one that people are seeming to agree is the easiest. If you don't feel your MNK would be useful in the situation that's fine, but I also know that being a bard, you probably get 10x's the amount of invites on BRD as you do MNK. I am personally glad I retired my account with 75 BRD on it, I hate being pigeon holed or forced to play someone else's way when it's not their money paying for my playtime.
It was meant as snarky, but some people are just a bit more sensitive than others, and if I offended you, I offer my apology.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-21 19:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Malicious said:
Well it depends on if you are actually doing research on the strategies Flion or just posting for the fun of it.

The question wasn't out of the blue, no pun intended, it was from researching various strategies and finding the one that people are seeming to agree is the easiest. If you don't feel your MNK would be useful in the situation that's fine, but I also know that being a bard, you probably get 10x's the amount of invites on BRD as you do MNK. I am personally glad I retired my account with 75 BRD on it, I hate being pigeon holed or forced to play someone else's way when it's not their money paying for my playtime.
It was meant as snarky, but some people are just a bit more sensitive than others, and if I offended you, I offer my apology.

No no, it's just fine, I just think a lot of people try to force jobs into situations where they don't excel, just because they can.

And I don't actually get that many invites on bard because I anon most of the time ^^

(I do all end game events as brd though, which is boring)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-21 19:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Duoed this a few times now and I can atlesat confirm that poisana dont remove it, so I kinda doubt chakra will.
And DAMN this poison hurts ;;
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-21 19:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

/facepalm. Thanks for coming out.

Unless you're bouncing it around or one of the super lowman strats with rdms, monk tank is the best way to go with krabkatoa. And yes, Chakra does remove the venom effect.
[+]