360 Users Want More Macros Help Us!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 360 users want more macros Help us!!
360 users want more macros Help us!!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-19 01:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk i've been playing about 3 years and i still don't use more than 1 book of macros. i play on 360 and pc. although my macros are a little more responsive on my 360 for some reason... >.>
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-19 10:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if it has something to do with PS2 limitations then when SE tells me this is why more lines can not be added then i post and let you all know. untill then the Emails shall fly :D
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-19 10:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what percentage of people still play this game on PS2...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2008-12-19 11:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

k...so u want more lines b/c ur lazy? I really dont understand. I have a Book for each job i have 37+ and i still have many books left. Its not hard to go into menu and switch books or switch macros or w/e. You are just being difficult and SE isnt going to give you more lines. They gave us books. Thats good enough. If you want an easier game where you can have a crap load of useless macros then play WoW. -.- im tired of ppl trying to bring down the skill level of this game just b/c you want it easy. LIVE WITH IT.
 Midgardsormr.Lilya
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Lilya
By Midgardsormr.Lilya 2008-12-19 12:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
k...so u want more lines b/c ur lazy? I really dont understand. I have a Book for each job i have 37+ and i still have many books left. Its not hard to go into menu and switch books or switch macros or w/e. You are just being difficult and SE isnt going to give you more lines. They gave us books. Thats good enough. If you want an easier game where you can have a crap load of useless macros then play WoW. -.- im tired of ppl trying to bring down the skill level of this game just b/c you want it easy. LIVE WITH IT.

I don't think you understand how many macro's some people have per job. On my sam I have every single macro in the book used. There are NO free spots in my Sam book. If it were up to me there are about 2 more macro's per set that I would like to add but i cannot b/c i had to prioritize and leave some out. More lines would allow me to condense exisiting macros that take up 2 or even 3 slots and free up slots for more macros, or it would allow me to better polish some existing macros that are currently imperfect due to not enough lines.

Sorry this is Frobeus (posted earlier in the thread) was updating my wifes item sets for her and forgot I was on her account lol.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-19 13:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont that's fine that you dissagree so i guess you wont be sending any emails to SE.

i can see how a couple macro lines will deminish the skill level of the game.

Level Synch you can synch to avoid certain camps or stay in Qufim island to max exp per hour all the way to 75.

Campain battle you can spam cures on a NPC go off and solo 1 Campain mob and gain between 1k and 2500 exp for 15 min of game play

They not only gave AV's secret out but made him easier to kill.

So i can imagine how these 2, 3, even 5 extra lines would drasticly deminish game play.

But then again there is always an opposing voice. but your main line of defence sucks (b/c you are lazy) hahaha

You dont have to agree but i have no idea why you would personly attack the people that agree with the idea. or maybe you are realy asking if we are lazy?

Happy Gaming Dubont
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-12-19 13:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who says there are enough lines per macro is probably not playing to their full potential. Of course it's quite possible to play with 6, but being able to slip in one or two more gear swaps per macro would help eke out just a tiny bit better performance. Hitting multiple macros for a single action adds a delay which could mean the difference between life and death. Also, you can only have one macro active at a time so if the other one doesn't finish executing before you hit the second, you may get undesirable results.

I've spent many hours designing and refining my macro sets to be as fast and efficient as possible. I don't see how giving me extra lines which will force me to spend more hours refining them even more makes me lazy. Now, a lot of my time is spent figuring out tradeoffs. For example, I recently decided I would gear swap my Hands instead of my Back on Thief. With one more line, I could have the appropriate back piece for all scenarios available via macro. On Paladin, my voke macro has an if "timer ready", then "gear swap and voke". I know of no one else who thought their macros out so much as to actually add programming.

To me an alternative fix to the problem would be to add customizable gear sets which can be equippable via a single macro line. Someone else suggested this earlier in this thread but the first time I saw it suggested was by Jessie of the Caitsith server over on the wiki forum.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-12-19 14:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Claquesous said:

To me an alternative fix to the problem would be to add customizable gear sets which can be equippable via a single macro line. Someone else suggested this earlier in this thread but the first time I saw it suggested was by Jessie of the Caitsith server over on the wiki forum.

I'd agree with this. One of the inherent problems with the FFXI macro system is the simple fact that you have more gear slots than lines in a macro. Adding some form of gear sets, I would think, would allow players better control over actions with little risk of extra lines being manipulated.

I don't know enough about the mechanics of FFXI so for all I know this might be asking the world from SE. It might be possible, but if it requires a substantial amount of work, no matter how much the player base wants it, it likely won't be done. Think instancing of Dynamis zones.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-19 17:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering has anyone sent SE an Eamil yet?

POL
Service & Support
Support
Email Support
1 or 2 more options ans you will be filling out the Service for request or w/e it is.

need first and last name
game system
and then add some text into the text box.

send finish and then back out to POL and play

takes about 2 or 3 min the first time you do this.

More macro lines!!!! {Yes, please.}
 Kujata.Embem
Server: Kujata
user: embem
By Kujata.Embem 2008-12-21 07:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
Edit: i knew someone would urge me to play on PC :)
but i enjoy playing FFXI on my 54" ^^

I fail to see how a PC would not be able to play FFXI on a 54"

With some TV's you can hook your computer up to a VGA slot using the normal monitor cable, I'm using a 37" HDTV right now as my monitor lol.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-22 11:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is some of the people that are sending off Emails to SE

Me, Parkk, Cazic, Lordmorbid, Jammer, Bojack.
I got a couple more in MY LS sending or sent Emails also and hopefuly a couple of you here @ ffxiah.com
 Bismarck.Gra
Server: Bismarck
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Gra 2008-12-23 04:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's fair to say pretty much everyone would like more lines per macro - means I could have 1 macro instead of 3 for +mp gear on BLM or two for every WS and two more to switch back to tp gear on WAR and PLD etc.

However, I believe it's been mentioned before that SE has no intention of changing things.

I can't see what the big deal is myself - I'm so used to it now.

For instance on BLM I have a full bank of gearswap only macro's. The only piece of gear I swap on most spells is the elemental stave. The rest of the gear is easily swapped without any hastle either before or during casting time based on the spell type (offensive/defensive/enfeebling/dark etc).

I'm quite happy with things as they are now tbh. Being able to do a complete gearswap in 1 macro rather than 2 or 3 isn't something I'm too bothered about.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2008-12-23 08:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gra said:
I think it's fair to say pretty much everyone would like more lines per macro - means I could have 1 macro instead of 3 for +mp gear on BLM or two for every WS and two more to switch back to tp gear on WAR and PLD etc. However, I believe it's been mentioned before that SE has no intention of changing things. I can't see what the big deal is myself - I'm so used to it now. For instance on BLM I have a full bank of gearswap only macro's. The only piece of gear I swap on most spells is the elemental stave. The rest of the gear is easily swapped without any hastle either before or during casting time based on the spell type (offensive/defensive/enfeebling/dark etc). I'm quite happy with things as they are now tbh. Being able to do a complete gearswap in 1 macro rather than 2 or 3 isn't something I'm too bothered about.

Like a guy said earlier if you don't have a problem with the lack of lines per macro then you aren't optimizing your job. I'm not a blm but I can tell you right now, if your only swapping out your stave from nukes > sleeps > drain/aspir then your selling your BLM short. Try casting Aspir and manually swapping into a full dark magic set before the spell goes off, and then go to dynamis and try doing that 50+ times and see how quickly you get tired of that.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-23 11:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I created this topic to get people to send off Emails to SE suggestion box in request for more macro lines.
Gra like you i am use to the way things are but you said you would like more lines. So send off an Email to SE :)
Whats the worst that can happen we never get more lines and continue to play ffxi the way we have been /gasp
On the other hand we may just get what we ask for ^^

Frobeus i hope you send off at least one Email to SE suggestion box

Thanks all that participate.
 Bismarck.Gra
Server: Bismarck
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Gra 2008-12-23 13:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Gra said:
I think it's fair to say pretty much everyone would like more lines per macro - means I could have 1 macro instead of 3 for +mp gear on BLM or two for every WS and two more to switch back to tp gear on WAR and PLD etc. However, I believe it's been mentioned before that SE has no intention of changing things. I can't see what the big deal is myself - I'm so used to it now. For instance on BLM I have a full bank of gearswap only macro's. The only piece of gear I swap on most spells is the elemental stave. The rest of the gear is easily swapped without any hastle either before or during casting time based on the spell type (offensive/defensive/enfeebling/dark etc). I'm quite happy with things as they are now tbh. Being able to do a complete gearswap in 1 macro rather than 2 or 3 isn't something I'm too bothered about.

Like a guy said earlier if you don't have a problem with the lack of lines per macro then you aren't optimizing your job. I'm not a blm but I can tell you right now, if your only swapping out your stave from nukes > sleeps > drain/aspir then your selling your BLM short. Try casting Aspir and manually swapping into a full dark magic set before the spell goes off, and then go to dynamis and try doing that 50+ times and see how quickly you get tired of that.

I think you missed the part where I said I have a macro for swapping dark magic gear. I don't sell my BLM short thanks - 4 complete banks of macro's tell me that! I don't manually change any gear, There isn't time. :p
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2008-12-23 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected. And yes, i have sent several suggeston emails regarding this.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-01-07 13:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: here we are 3 weeks later still no word from SE /stagger lol

unless you count the lol auto replys

i am still sending my suggestions in 3 times a week. i have added the request to raise the cap on combat skills and magic skills 20 and 16 just arent enough as my friend pointed out to me and asked me to send this in since he has been asking for a higher cap on these and agreed to bother SE with my request along with his.

GL out there!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-07 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong, but didn't they already increase the cap on skills once?
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-07 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
I could be wrong, but didn't they already increase the cap on skills once?

No, not the skills, I dont think. Unless they did it before I was around. They recently increased the cap for Group 2 job merits from 8 to 10.

More magic would be so boss. ._. It sucks having to choose between jobs. My 8/8 Enfeebling and 8/8 (once I get off my butt and get that last 4k xp) Elemental means I can't merit my Wind or Singing for my Bard. :(
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-07 14:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/2007_-_(05/30/2007)_Merit_Point_Adjustments

Just down at the bottom, "Maximum Point Allocation for Combat Skills and Magic Skills"
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-02-03 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
A freind asked me to make a form topic about my more macro line (command lines) quest.
I told him i did it and i am bumping it up for him.
Here you go!!!!!
I am still sending off my email suggestions to SE about 2 times a week. Still no reply .... doubt i'll get one. Oh except the LOLauto replys. i think i'll stop opening and deleting them so i can get an accurate count on how many suggestions i send off.

We can get more macro lines ...... Yes We Can!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-02-03 12:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should give an advanced warning to ps2 users saying it is dropping support for the console. This is a game that needs attention as it's getting left in the past as ps2 users are living in the past, and refuse to update the already aged console.

I am aware the quite a high % of JP players still use ps2 (and NA i know) And SE wouldn't dare ***on said players which i appreciate, but really there are now 3 formats that play this that could make use of so much more.

No more dead horse beatings.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-02-03 12:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Id love 1-2 more macro lines per macro to allow full gear swap over 2 macros. Currently my macros go :

Name : ThunderIV
/ma thunderIV <t>
/equip main
/equip body
/equip neck
/equip head
/equip legs

Mid cast im pressing a second macro titled MAB
that changes feet, ring1+2, ear1+2 and hands.
Along with this "MAB" macro i have "enfeeb" macro which is the other half of my enfeebling gear i cant fit into one macro and same for "int/acc" which is the other half of my dark magic gear.

Most of my spells involve pressing 2 macros, 3 if its obi/tonban conditions >.<; This does not cover grip ammo or back still. I full time phantom tathlum anyway, but having to full time ixion cape and bugard strap and getting no real use from merciful cape or elemental grips sucks a bit.

Dubont said:

I think you should go back to lvling your rdm.