360 Users Want More Macros Help Us!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 360 users want more macros Help us!!
360 users want more macros Help us!!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-18 12:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow 360, PS2 and non windower PC users
I am starting an Email Campaign to SE about getting more macro lines per macro. (command lines)

What you can do to help!

Befor clicking that Play option go to service and support.
Email support
comment and suggestions
and fill the form out.

I am currently doing this once every log in.

I urge you all to do the same once a log in, once a week, once a month, or just once period.

If we bother SE enough the will have to answer us.

Happy Gaming and Holidays
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2008-12-18 12:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

or they can ignore your emails and go on with there money making life's
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2008-12-18 12:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

why add more lines? you have 10 macros for eatch button (ctr and alt) giving you 20 macros a book. Now could how many books there are and multiply that by 20. THATS how many macros you have. SE isnt going to give us more lines just b/c you are too lazy to hit 2 buttons to switch books or macros.
 Cerberus.Fumant
Server: Cerberus
user: Fumant
By Cerberus.Fumant 2008-12-18 13:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

why should we have to hit more macros faster just to keep up with our PC counterparts. 1~2 more lines would not break the game would just make it more user friendly for 360 users.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-12-18 13:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

PC users have the same amount of lines that Xbox users have. Only people who use Windower and enable scripting can acquire more lines per macro; and a lot of PC users refuse to use the 3rd party program.

Im not condoning or condemning the use of Windower, just saying that just because someone is on the PC doesn't mean they have an advantage.

Dubont said:
why add more lines? you have 10 macros for eatch button (ctr and alt) giving you 20 macros a book. Now could how many books there are and multiply that by 20. THATS how many macros you have. SE isnt going to give us more lines just b/c you are too lazy to hit 2 buttons to switch books or macros.

And actually, you get more than 20 macros per book, you're forgetting the macro 'set.'

You have 10 macros per button, so 20 macros per set. 10 Sets in a book means 200 macros in a book. 20 books per character means 4,000 macros at your disposal.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-12-18 13:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Options:
1)continue requesting a change, but be prepared that some people (which is evident from the response so far) might not think it's a great idea.

2)Find a way to make the existing system work for you.

3)Recognize the PC for what it is (a superior gaming system) and work out a way to obtain one. (note: as others have pointed out the PC only becomes a superior gaming system when users choose to use the advanced windower plugins and scripts.)

Things to think about:
When SE was talking about a change to the macro system; rumors spread through the community about how they might enhance the macro system. That SE chose to add the macro books instead of increasing the number of lines for each macro gives you a little insight into how they feel about it.

Good luck with your quest, and remember it's a game, try to have some fun with it ^^b
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-18 13:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am fully aware of the amount of macros i have. i am also aware if the /macro command also. some seem to be missing the point.

lazy funny how you can judge my game play by me simply asking for people to send Emails to SE requesting more macro lines.

i am RDM main. in all my set convert usuly takes up 4 macro since i am elvaan.

solo 2 macros in gear change for enfeebling
2 more for nuking
the 4 more for convert MP > MP > Vert > cure IV cure IV or III then back to idle gear

RDM support takes up 3 macro sets and i scroll through them all.

RDM tank MDB set 2 macros ENM 2 sets and the o ***macro 2 more and idle set 2 more

Each style of RDM i play takes up 3 sets of macros. Most my other jobs take at least 2 sets.

So you can do nothing or you can send your email off or you can continue to attempt to bash for no reason.

i currently have 6 others on board with me.
Thanks to those and anyone else who it attempting to help.

Edit: i knew someone would urge me to play on PC :)
but i enjoy playing FFXI on my 54" ^^
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-12-18 14:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: i knew someone would urge me to play on PC :)
but i enjoy playing FFXI on my 54" ^^

I fail to see how a PC would not be able to play FFXI on a 54"
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2008-12-18 14:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I play it on a projector that is on about a 7' x 10' screen using xbox. I kinda don't see why you cant just use the macro books and sets just for rdm.
on the first line you can put all the types of event or whatever thing your going to do.

Example:

Line 1: 1 - SKY 2 - SEA 3 - RDMHeal 4 - RDMDot 5 - RDMTank 6 - ENM

and so on.

And then set a book for each of the types you do. You can set buttons to go back to a line. Maybe its just me but good luck on your mission to SE.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-18 14:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote=Alyria]I play it on a projector that is on about a 7' x 10' screen using xbox.[quote]

ahhh nice
I play on a projector from time to time aslo. but i dont like to play in the dark all the time.

i do have diffrent books for each style of what job i am playing some i cram 2 into 1 book.

my goal is to get more macro lines so it takes up less macro space for equipment changes for me fellow 360 PS2 and non windower users that play PC.

if i fall short meh atleast i tried and didn't just complain and i'll go on enjoying the game as b4 if i succeed then :)

Thanks for the encouragement
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2008-12-18 14:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pjohn, I don't see your point lol. (Not Bashing you). Whether you were playing on 360, PC, or PS2/3, you would need the same amount of macros for your RDM, unless you're using windower on PC. Ever since SE put out their own windowed option, a lot of people probably stopped using it.

The only thing that I can think of that you're referring to is that it's slightly easier to hit CTRL/ALT + 1-0 on a keyboard instead of hitting your shoulder buttons and having to move over a few blocks to hit a macro. But then again, I'm sure lots of PC users play with a controller, and 360/PS2 users have the option of using a keyboard.

Right now I don't really know why you feel you have a macro disadvantage, but it seems like what you said about RDM in your second post could easily be a complaint from any user, PC included.

More macro lines would be awesome, but SE would add more lines for all systems.

- PC User.

Note: I was typing this while you were typing your third post lol >,>
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-18 15:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't know exactly what you are asking for. You say rdm support takes up 3 macro sets.. thats what?,30 macros. You still have 70 more macros in that set. What more do you need? If you asking for more macro's per line, more then 1-0 then how do you propose that works? Start adding letters? A lot of letters already have a crt or alt function. Don't forget it needs to be compatible with a keyboard.

Edit: My understanding is that there is 10 macros per line, 2 lines per set, 10 sets per book, at 20 books.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2008-12-18 15:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Disregard my previous post haha...I think I misunderstood your intentions >,<. More macro lines would be AWESOME, but there's no way to give them to all PC users except the windower users. Althought it wouldn't matter cause they can use an infinite number of lines anyway lol. I don't see why a few more lines would be would be game-breaking, but I can't see SE adding more since they just added a ton of sets/books. That being said, I'm on the wagon...More macro lines for all!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2008-12-18 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

More lines would be the greatest thing ever. There simply not enough lines per macro atm. Right now on Sam I'm limited to 6 gear swaps for both my damage -% build and evasion build. I could increase both sets but I just don't have the room to make those into 2 macros each. Book 1 is Sam and i currently have every single slot in that book filled. It would also be great if I could use just one macro for TP setup and WS setup, as right now I cannot perma keep a macro dedicated to /assist or /pull. While it wouldn't be as good as windower macros and wouldn't solve all my macro problems just increasing the lines from 6 to 10 would be amazing.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-18 15:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on pc and have at times used my tv to play. All you need is a compatible cord.

I don't use windower myself so the added lines would be nice. However I don't think it is a must anymore with the books/sets. Although at times it can be annoying having to hit 2-4 macros just to do 1 thing, I think most Ps2 360 and Pc non-windower users have become accustomed to knowing we will probably never see this once intended feature implemented much like the other features windower offers.

Either way best of luck to you on your quest.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-18 15:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i know it would be for all systems but all the post i read PC users have the windower option while 360 PS2 (and the PC users that refuse to go that way) are stuck with the 5 macro lines per macro.

with the new Party Chat that Xbox live has introduced i was talking with some of my shell members that shared my same thought about this so i guess thats where i got my title from.

I should have put more thought into my title >.<

Glad you agree please send off at least 1 Email to SE ^^
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-18 15:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh.. Lines within the macro? That would be great. Or.. Have SE give us a different way to gear swap. A completely different system of moving gear around, enabling us to use every gear slot in a given swap. ^^

I don't use any macro program either.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-18 15:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pjohn said:

I should have put more thought into my title &gt;.&lt;

lol
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-18 15:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavlov said:
Oh.. Lines within the macro? That would be great. Or.. Have SE give us a different way to gear swap. A completely different system of moving gear around, enabling us to use every gear slot in a given swap. ^^

You mean like make an item set of all your gear and have the system save it as a 1 line macro command? If so that would be awesome really.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2008-12-18 15:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Right n
Tavlov said:
I honestly don't know exactly what you are asking for. You say rdm support takes up 3 macro sets.. thats what?,30 macros. You still have 70 more macros in that set. What more do you need? If you asking for more macro's per line, more then 1-0 then how do you propose that works? Start adding letters? A lot of letters already have a crt or alt function. Don't forget it needs to be compatible with a keyboard.

Right now we are limited to 6 actions per macro. We would like this increased.
For example: If I'm using Sam/Thf in sky and I am part of a SC there is not enough lines in a macro to do everything. SATA Gekko for example

/equip neck "Snow Gorget" <me>
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Tachi: Gekko" <t>

As you can see this macro uses all 6 lines and does not leave room for me to put a /l or /p notification that my WS is about to go off, this is very important to BLM's that have filters set to know when to MB. I could take out the gorget swap for a notification but then I'm gimping damage which is also bad. Also can't put Gorget into WS macro b/c of needing different gorgets for different WS's.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2008-12-18 15:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I see they want more spaces to type in the /commands in a macro...... Well I guess that could work but then SE would probably say no since they already added the books etc. and find any excuse not to.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-18 15:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Tavlov said:

You mean like make an item set of all your gear and have the system save it as a 1 line macro command? If so that would be awesome really.

Something like that would even be nice too. But i was talking about something separate from the macro system.
 Fenrir.Alijah
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-12-18 15:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Right n
Tavlov said:

Right now we are limited to 6 actions per macro. We would like this increased.
For example: If I'm using Sam/Thf in sky and I am part of a SC there is not enough lines in a macro to do everything. SATA Gekko for example

/equip neck "Snow Gorget" <me>
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Tachi: Gekko" <t>

As you can see this macro uses all 6 lines and does not leave room for me to put a /l or /p notification that my WS is about to go off, this is very important to BLM's that have filters set to know when to MB. I could take out the gorget swap for a notification but then I'm gimping damage which is also bad. Also can't put Gorget into WS macro b/c of needing different gorgets for different WS's.</t></me></me></me>

When I BLM'd I had this problem, a lot of gear swapping based on the current element. One option I found was to make two macros, one for the gear swap, one for the actual spell, or in your case, WS.

Im not trying to discourage anyone from wanting more lines, just trying to problem solve. :3
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-18 15:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Im only a thf, but for that reason Frobeus, i always put my WS in a mac of its own. For more then that reason actually. I quickly found out that if i do SATA with WS even, sometimes i will normal attack using my SA up before WS goes off. Too much timing to have WS in a big macro. Separate WS mac gives me the time to make sure im going when im ready, when i need to, and letting others know.

EDIT: LOL busy post- keep getting posted after others make similar comments.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-18 15:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

:) nice to see i got more people on board!!
WE WANT MORE MACRO LINES!!!! :D

Please don't forget to send SE your Emails someone will get tired of recieving thses Email and reply back telling us to stop in which case we continue cause we know someone is seeing it or we'll get what we ask for.

SE does listen to its fan base ie Special task force, the 20 books of macros, the abality to save macros to the server, the abality to gain exp solo through campaign, level synch and i am sure there is more just cant think about it
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2008-12-18 16:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well don't call it macro lines, call it macro command lines because this is what caused all the confusion lol. Say something of more lines with a single macro etc.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-18 16:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

>.< Pjohn's twisted view of macros

Books

Macro sets

Macros

Macro lines

i thought my lack of the word "lines" in the title is what caused the confusion.

but like all my filipino friends said about manny after he beat de la hoya in his attempt to speak english "It's understood, that's what matters."
lol

Go /command lines!
 Leviathan.Fyekuhi
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyekuhi
By Leviathan.Fyekuhi 2008-12-18 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
Options:
Things to think about:
When SE was talking about a change to the macro system; rumors spread through the community about how they might enhance the macro system. That SE chose to add the macro books instead of increasing the number of lines for each macro gives you a little insight into how they feel about it.

Blindphleb is right. SE wants to limit the number of strings per macro because they want you to actually play the game not push 2 buttons with multiple lines of scripted commands. You have to realize they limit the amount of commands per macro to prevent people from making their own type of BOTs

The current system does work, you need to take some time to learn how to use it.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-12-18 18:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am willing to bet the line limit has something to do with ps2 compatibility.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-18 19:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Very good point. Ive heard that Ps2 limits a lot of things b/c it can only handle so much information. or something alongs those lines.
First Page 2