Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst needs major updates/tweaking
Bst needs major updates/tweaking
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-16 23:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Before you even ask or say anything, yes this is a QQ thread and its going to be a quite a long read.

Now that we got that out of the way, I'm hoping with the update around the corner SE will finally bring some tweaking to this dusty old job. BST was basically my first ever 75 melee since the game came out but its the most unused job ever. There is no situation where a bst is needed over any other job. Here's a list of a few things I'm hoping SE will give bst in the near future.

Giving jug pets sub jobs and raising them to match with the Beastmaster's level AT ALL TIMES. None of this 1-2 levels below the beastmaster bull. I want my jug to work as a real mob not some fancy knockoff that cant survive a few hits compared to the high hp/stats of a real mob.

Allowing jug pets to zone. Smn, drg, and pup all can zone with their pet; why cant i? They don't have to spend money to bring out their freaking pet each and everytime. If i'm doing BCNM with bst, which never happens cuz its LoLbst atm, i'd like to last more than 1 freaken run.

Adding charmable pets to where endgame IS GOING TO ACTUALLY TAKE PLACE. One reason we never see BST anywhere in endgame is because we can't make use of the mobs there. That's basically the point of BST, to use the mobs in your surrounding, but the mobs have to be there in the first place! Which leads me back to my first point of making jug pets stronger. We won't need to charm a mob if we already have an equally strong one in the first place.

Taking level caps off of jug pets. Its annoying being limited to a few jug pets. @75 you can only use a crab, a cactuar that is rarely obtained, a funguar, a tiger, a beetle, and a diremite. Isn't BST supposed to be a "BEASTMASTER?" I'm supposed to be tamer of all beasts yet I can only use a few...

Pup is a pet job thats been around way less than bst in the FFXI realm and its updates have already been better than anything bst has seen. Hell, with stringing pummell and that update to hand-to-hand, the actual puppetmaster can damage circles around the beastmaster. And while that is taking place the freaken automoton is doing even more damage than the beastmaster and jug pet combined.

I don't think I'm asking for much considering BST gets no playtime anywhere. I'm hoping this can change in the near future. I'd like to see, "Itachi come on bst" atleast once in a blue moon.

/endQQ
[+]
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Server: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2010-05-17 00:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 All Intraweb Memes/pics/jokes/w.e.

Honestly you've got to wait till this year is over. There is no telling what SE is planning for any job at this point in time. We can only assume SE will put into play what they said they 'Might' do.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 00:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen anything SE said that looks like it could make BST any better. It just feels like they've forgotten about the job completely all together.
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-05-17 00:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah It would be nice, to see BST have litl5 more to bring to the Tabel, its great job at 75 ive watched friends solo countless NM's for me as Bst in the past.

:3 fun job, wish solo'n with it wasn't such a dam chore
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 00:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh its really annoying to solo with it. You'd think it would be the best solo job @75 too but its not.

DRG/mage with ethereal has like unlimited cure4. Pup whm frame with unlimited mp, deactivate/activate. pld/dnc with double attack weapon unlimited cures/mp if mob is aspirable, and lets not forget atonement is monster for solo. So BST isn't even in the top ranks of soloing anymore.
Very disappointing~
By Alaik 2010-05-17 00:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ciecle said:
Inb4 All Intraweb Memes/pics/jokes/w.e. Cool story, bro. / U MAD?!

Since we all know that's what you're referring to.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 00:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
yeh its really annoying to solo with it. You'd think it would be the best solo job @75 too but its not.

DRG/mage with ethereal has like unlimited cure4. Pup whm frame with unlimited mp, deactivate/activate. pld/dnc with double attack weapon unlimited cures/mp if mob is aspirable, and lets not forget atonement is monster for solo. So BST isn't even in the top ranks of soloing anymore.
Very disappointing~
neither are any of the 3 jobs you just mentioned
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-17 00:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me a damn Amorph jug pet.

Leech, Slime, ANYTHING.

need something thats > Birds on the food chain.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 00:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Itachi said:
yeh its really annoying to solo with it. You'd think it would be the best solo job @75 too but its not. DRG/mage with ethereal has like unlimited cure4. Pup whm frame with unlimited mp, deactivate/activate. pld/dnc with double attack weapon unlimited cures/mp if mob is aspirable, and lets not forget atonement is monster for solo. So BST isn't even in the top ranks of soloing anymore. Very disappointing~
I wasnt looking for the best solo job. I was pointing out that all other jobs basically out solo bst.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 01:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Itachi said:
yeh its really annoying to solo with it. You'd think it would be the best solo job @75 too but its not. DRG/mage with ethereal has like unlimited cure4. Pup whm frame with unlimited mp, deactivate/activate. pld/dnc with double attack weapon unlimited cures/mp if mob is aspirable, and lets not forget atonement is monster for solo. So BST isn't even in the top ranks of soloing anymore. Very disappointing~
I wasnt looking for the best solo job. I was pointing out that all other jobs basically out solo bst.
not rly, situational to what you're fighting, sure they can out solo some mobs but there will be mobs bst is superior for
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 01:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

BST is the least versatile.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 01:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

But anyways lets not turn this thread into: who can solo the best. That was not my focus of this thread.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 01:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, took less than 2 mins of research to find a situation in which bst would be useful in endgame.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-05-17 01:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

in the long Run, Bst needs alittle more Versatility, Shure. You can escape monsters Easly, just charm / tame Run, or /fight w/ a pet. and run :P they are good at running =D

but It would be nice to have something, that would alow them to deal extra damage to X type of monster,

I know they have just about every "killer Effect" in the game, (other then whats Granted by X-Circel Effects )

I mean, if you are able to intimadate alotta ***, you think a "beast master" would be able to Target weak points, like hit harder then a Normal Crit, Kind of like the Rangers *<names> Ranged attack strikes True, pummeling the <t> for ### dmg

*lol ninja Edit- typed this befor OP's comment about versatility, in the middle of Tractoring dead ppl from the MNK NM in Dyna Windy
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 01:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct

Use on DDs for zerg if you have a type that's strong against it.

There's your endgame use
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 01:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer instinct doesn't add much and we all know that putting a BST in a DD party is a waste of space when a SAM/WAR/DRK can be zerging there.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-17 01:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you'd have to have the right pet and in endgame thats very inconvinient.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-05-17 01:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

from what i can see, only the Job ability killer- cicel effects give any attack+ defence+ *may be reading it wrong, i'm so sleepy

*Circle Protections grant a +15% damage boost to both physical and magical damage against the affected monster family(Arcane Circle vs Arcana type monsters).

and you would have to be lvl 75 bst to get Killer instinct (isnt this a N64 game )

would be nicer to have a weaker Trate of this at a lower level. make up for BST's (lack there of) of damage *even though thay have a A ~ A- ? Rank in Axe

*side note, haven't looked much in to BST Merits :D only 55 at the time being
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 07:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Killer instinct doesn't add much and we all know that putting a BST in a DD party is a waste of space when a SAM/WAR/DRK can be zerging there.
Put the bst in place of a support job, use circle, and swap out. 15% dmg increase to DD pt yo!

Sounds shitty? Sure. Useful? Yes. That'd be the same a plenty of other jobs. Thf? Used for TH/feint, if not wouldn't have that job in anything endgame. Drg? Angon (Yes, sorry drgs, your dmg *** sucks on HNM). Mnk? If you consider salvage endgame, sure, but other than that, negative. Dnc? Haste samba ***, single utility in which makes a dnc useful.

I could go on for a while with this
 Sylph.Khelandros
user: Khaki
By Sylph.Khelandros 2010-05-17 11:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Useful? Debatable. There's a lot of mob families that Killer Instinct doesn't touch on, and we still don't have jug pets for Amorphs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mykezero
Server: Leviathan
user: Mykezero
By Leviathan.Mykezero 2010-05-17 15:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything the poster of this thread said, I agree with. SE seems to not read my suggestions -_-
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-05-17 15:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mykezero said:
Everything the poster of this thread said, I agree with. SE seems to not read my suggestions -_-
Smn or GTFO w
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-05-17 15:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
I haven't seen anything SE said that looks like it could make BST any better. It just feels like they've forgotten about the job completely all together.

so not true, all i've seen in the past few updates is tweaking and updates for BST and other pet jobs like smn. SE has a pet fetish for some reason. Maybe they're not giving you what you want, but they surely haven't been forgetting about BST like you said.
 Cerberus.Superman
user: Superman
By Cerberus.Superman 2010-05-17 15:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

for a min i got excited about one of the pix in the VOA add-on doesnt the job holding the axe look sorta like BST. but then i noticed it was the Denali set or so it looks like it. but i guess it would be a Rng but when does Rng ever hit crap with an axe.

great the pix did not upload its http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/ex1.html
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-17 15:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming BST nerf
 Carbuncle.Ashren
Server: Carbuncle
user: ashren
By Carbuncle.Ashren 2010-05-17 15:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The supposed updates for bst are new synergy recipes for HQ jugs though, making LDL and a few other jugs cheaper. I am sorry but new synergy items is not an update, it is misdirection. Bst was designed to be a solo class, so it has no party friendly skills, ok I can live with that- if they had not made Rdm and a few other jobs more efficient solo jobs. SE needs to give bst either party friendly skills, or how about lowering the timer on call beast to 3 minutes, and reward to 2 minutes or 1:30. Hell even something that would increase the amount of HP restored by reward would be better.
[+]
 Fairy.Virtue
user: Virtue
By Fairy.Virtue 2010-05-18 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so I'm clear on this-

SE are idiots for not turning BST into an awesome endgame job that can solo endgame mobs AND fill any role in a party.

But the people posting in this thread are not idiots, despite the fact that they've been asking for the same thing for 7 years and SE has demonstrated, time and again, that they're never going to do any of this stuff for BST.

Did I get that right?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ashren
Server: Carbuncle
user: ashren
By Carbuncle.Ashren 2010-05-18 12:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Virtue said:
Just so I'm clear on this-

SE are idiots for not turning BST into an awesome endgame job that can solo endgame mobs AND fill any role in a party.

But the people posting in this thread are not idiots, despite the fact that they've been asking for the same thing for 7 years and SE has demonstrated, time and again, that they're never going to do any of this stuff for BST.

Did I get that right?

No, completely wrong.

Point of the thread is Bst needs an actual update.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-18 12:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jugs are an update! Kinda
 Fairy.Virtue
user: Virtue
By Fairy.Virtue 2010-05-18 14:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ashren said:

No, completely wrong.

Point of the thread is Bst needs an actual update.

Keep waiting another seven years for that update. Maybe if you wish upon a star, they'll turn PLD into a nuking job, and THF into a healing job.

[+]
First Page 2 3